Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Walsall Official Matchday Thread  (Read 47004 times)
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 19:29:01 »

Is it?
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 19:40:21 »

Fuck knows what delfounesco will be like when he's fit then. I'd like to see the stats but this lad must run twice as far as most. He might not be ajose but he's got an engine and offers us some physical presence and he doesn't hide. He's also intelligent on the pitch. I like him.
Agreed.
johnritsons toupe

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 19:42:33 »

Power will go when the heat gets too much. It's starting to warm up because people aren't mugs, they can see that the collective product on the pitch isn't working, the manager and his staff are demonstrably incapable of doing much if anything about it, attendances are dwindling and all the signs indicate that we're facing a relegation battle.

As we all know, fans at most clubs will go with the flow for so long but they wont be taken for a ride. They either stay away, grit teeth and watch the car crash unfold or they eventually protest and bring about change.

People make me smile when they trot out the old chestnut about there not being anyone else available or willing to take over the club with the implication being that we're lucky to have him here.

Well, sorry, but that's bullshit. Power regularly paints himself as the clubs saviour. He's not. That was Black, who left the club debt free albeit with a claw-back clause if the club is ever sold on. It's unfortunate for us that Black sold the club to an idiot, but that's life.

An obvious question is though; which idiot brought in the idiot? Did Jed bring Power in or was it the other way around?

Power claims that no one else wanted to buy the club. Really? Where have we heard that before, and if it's true, put the club up for sale and lets see whos out there.

Power makes a virtue about being up-front about wanting to make money from the club. 'I've never made any secret about that'. The real idiots are those that buy into that.

It's almost like a footballers agent owns Swindon Town and is merely using it as a shop window to flog his assets on elsewhere.

Oh, hang on.....

Flashheart

« Reply #168 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 19:44:23 »

Is it?

If you were a manager/owner of a club and you wanted to sell particular players, would you:

A) Disseminate their availability through veiled messages on local radio broadcasts in the hope an interested party might hear.

or

B) Just send emails to other clubs.

Answers on a postcard please.
woolster

« Reply #169 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 19:56:29 »

If you were a manager/owner of a club and you wanted to sell particular players, would you:

A) Disseminate their availability through veiled messages on local radio broadcasts in the hope an interested party might hear.

or

B) Just send emails to other clubs.

Answers on a postcard please.
or c) keep hold of them and build a team which stays together for longer than 9 months
woolster

« Reply #170 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 20:06:50 »

how many did Walsall bring
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 20:09:46 »

Looks like Karl Robinson might be collecting the P45. He fucking loves us...what say you TEFers?
Flashheart

« Reply #172 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 20:23:11 »

Could do a lot worse.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 20:27:25 »

Reading this it's interesting that many seem to be looking forward to spending many a Thursday afternoon constantly pressing refresh on the web waiting for us to secure a financial lifeline or go bust... them was the days.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 20:27:50 »

I wouldn't be against it. Also, he's worked with a few different assistants in the past so Williams and Embleton can awkwardly stay on as his backroom staff. Win-win.

So then, now that we're agreed, when will Robinson have a Town scarf over his head?
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 20:34:14 by Costanza » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #175 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 20:33:05 »

I've already managed to forgive him for managing Franchise.

*Edit. Oh, wait. He hasn't even got the sack yet, I'm getting ahead of myself. He's an awful person for managing such an abomination.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 20:56:12 »

Reading this it's interesting that many seem to be looking forward to spending many a Thursday afternoon constantly pressing refresh on the web waiting for us to secure a financial lifeline or go bust... them was the days.

I thought that when the 'We want our club back chant' went around. How about the 10 years from 1997-2007. McMahon, Rikki Hunt, admin twice, relegated twice, one promotion with 2 managers, Mike D and the Wills family hanging on for dear life.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 21:00:54 »

how many did Walsall bring

Didn't give an away attendance and haven't done for several games now, just the overall attendance.
woolster

« Reply #178 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 21:13:51 »

Didn't give an away attendance and haven't done for several games now, just the overall attendance.
thanks
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #179 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 21:14:57 »

I'd guess there were between 400 and 500 so the crown fans are just above 6k.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: