Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Wigan pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 30294 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 20:02:07 »

blood sweat and tears win. Fair play to the boys tonight they put in absolutely everything and more.

Let's forget the ownership and manager issues for tonight the boys deserve the plaudits. I cant remember travers making a save for all of the pressure we were under but he was fantastic from corners and free kicks.

those critical of the style- its 3 points I dont care. I would take Sheridan's hood style for the remaining months if it kept us up. it's the fact he ripped up a passing team and the results remained the same/worse.

every player tonight ran there arses off in terrible weather, on a pitch cutting up in a 6 pointer battle. let's leave off the negativity for tonight atleast.
Hear, hear.  Well said.  We ARE fans.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 20:02:13 »

3 points, clean sheet, striker scores and manager resists temptation to bring on TC. A good night's work I think

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 20:02:17 »

Sheridan deserves no credit - not a jot. He’s presided over the worst run of shite football I think I’ve ever seen. Tonight was no better - unbelievably Wigan were worse.

He’s got to go.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 20:02:31 »

Bloody hell,  Sheridan doing the post match, brave man, bet he wouldn't have been so brave had we lost.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 20:03:27 »

Sheridan's not going anywhere.  Because Power.  So let's get behind them.  They gave their all.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 20:03:33 »

Quote from: china red
That was an absolute dog shit performance by town, against any other team we’d have lost.  Masterson stepped up especially when convoy went off.

it was, rubbish conditions and a heavy pitch didn't help.

but 3 points is all that matters. and again Saturday, will be a tougher test for sure.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 20:04:15 »

To the players - proud of you tonight.

Fucking get in.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 20:05:46 »

There is obviously an unwritten rule that Swindon managers can only use one substitute as it was crying out for some fresh legs just to break the game up if nothing else. Having said that it worked, so what do I know.
 No

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 20:06:04 »

You can all thank me for that, I decided against watching it and instead did a 12k walk whilst listening on the radio. Looks like I’m going to have to do it again Saturday.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 20:07:54 »

B Rovers getting butt fucked by Accrington and their keeper Joe Day is getting absolute pelters on their forum.

Bullet dodged there it seems.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 20:08:10 »

hate the owner, hate the manager but no hating the players when they leave everything on the pitch like that. imagine how they have been feeling especially coming into work this morning seeing more good players leaving last night.

its 1 match but...its the hope that kills you.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 20:08:24 »

There is obviously an unwritten rule that Swindon managers can only use one substitute as it was crying out for some fresh legs just to break the game up if nothing else. Having said that it worked, so what do I know.
 No

Pretty remarkable Grant stayed on the bench but that's not for now.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 20:10:13 »

It’s almost as if a manager who has presided over 600 matches might just know what he is doing, funny that.

Season starts now for me - he’s had a transfer window, so let’s give it a real good go.

Huge three points.

Oh do get fucked.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 20:10:16 »

This is plainly the turning point in the season.  

Nothing to see here
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 20:10:54 »

No

iv been a big complainer of the lack of sheridans subs almost his entire reign. BUT tonight it was the type of match where they were dealing with everything and they were in the zone and I wouldn't have risked it. pitman was shagged but we don't have anyone else on the bench i would want to hold the ball up and keep it in the corners like him.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: