Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paris - terrorist attack  (Read 38674 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #75 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 07:49:49 »

Got a source? Best I can find is a nine year old poll in which 40% said they want it introduced in parts of Britain, which whilst far from agreeable is not quite what you suggested.

Um, yeah, your source sounds just like the one I was referring to. The wording is a little different but not massively so, so I'm not sure what your objection is.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 09:38:24 »

Jesus, like a BNP/EDL/Britain First fuckfest in this thread now...

don't you realise this is *exactly* how the turds want you to react? They want to drive a wedge in between the different faiths, they want the peaceful muslims to be segregated and targeted so they can then recruit even more disaffected believers? You're playing straight into their hands.

Answer me this, did any of you that are so anti-muslim also turn against all the catholics when the IRA were in full swing? Same thing, terrorist group uses faith as a piss-poor excuse to kill anyone they can. Different scales, I'll agree, but the same base point.

Flashheart

« Reply #77 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 09:48:13 »

I don't know who you're addressing but personally I am anti-Islam, not anti Muslim. There is a significant difference.
EldeneRed

« Reply #78 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 11:39:55 »

At the end of the day, we're all human beings. Some of us are more unhinged than others, but we're all made of the same stuff.

Fuck all the race, religion and other discrimination BS.

Mad, horrible people have done some horrible things. That's all.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 12:08:43 »

I find the hypocrisy, both in mainstream media and social sites like Facebook, a little distasteful.

Innocent people are being slaughtered on a weekly basis by the same kind of fanatics that carried out the attacks in Paris and often they don't even create a ripple. Now, because it's happened in a western country, everyone's thoughts are with the poor people of Paris.

I'm not trying to make light, or lessen, the atrocity, but I don't feel any more or less than I do when innocents are killed in Syria, or Iraq, or anywhere else.

The genie is out of the bottle now and I can't see a solution that doesn't involve more bloodshed.

It's All Good..............
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 13:57:59 »

Fair point, 40 were killed by Dais in the Lebanon on Thursday - and not a peep in the Press.  

There are however much closer connections between England and France than there are between England and the Lebanon (or Syria, Iraq etc)

It may be amazing that the Adver sells any copies at all but the facts are that it does, and a lot more in Swindon than in Beirut and that there is more coverage in it of Swindon and the region than of say Beirut.

If there is hypocrisy, it may be how different values tend to apply to different human lives - but not in the intrinsic newsworthiness or interest in what happens in a neighbouring capital city

« Last Edit: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 14:00:14 by RedRag » Logged
hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 20:16:49 »

All religion is pretty cunty tbf, Islam certainly wins first prize though.

It's in the Human dna to wage war and fight, if religion was not used as the carrier it would just be another made up load of bollocks (like religion).
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, November 16, 2015, 00:09:22 »

Jesus, like a BNP/EDL/Britain First fuckfest in this thread now...

don't you realise this is *exactly* how the turds want you to react? They want to drive a wedge in between the different faiths, they want the peaceful muslims to be segregated and targeted so they can then recruit even more disaffected believers? You're playing straight into their hands.

Answer me this, did any of you that are so anti-muslim also turn against all the catholics when the IRA were in full swing? Same thing, terrorist group uses faith as a piss-poor excuse to kill anyone they can. Different scales, I'll agree, but the same base point.

Just roll over and have your tummy tickled
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, November 16, 2015, 00:15:40 »

Just roll over and have your tummy tickled

Why not contribute to the debate properly?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, November 16, 2015, 00:45:46 »

On a side note to this heinous crime.

Several years back there was the Boston bombings that killed several innocent people and then soon after the horrod killing of a British solider in London.

Rightly so, these acts of crime were front page news in all western news agencies...

However, during that time there were ONE THOUSAND innocent civilians being killed per month in Iraq and not reported to the West.

No wonder Tony Blair seems to be worried about this new report due out... !!!   

COYMR's

Pete

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, November 16, 2015, 05:17:08 »

On a side note to this heinous crime.

Several years back there was the Boston bombings that killed several innocent people and then soon after the horrod killing of a British solider in London.

Rightly so, these acts of crime were front page news in all western news agencies...

However, during that time there were ONE THOUSAND innocent civilians being killed per month in Iraq and not reported to the West.

No wonder Tony Blair seems to be worried about this new report due out... !!!   

COYMR's

So who perpetrated the killing of these one thousand innocent civilians per month?
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #86 on: Monday, November 16, 2015, 06:35:27 »

I found it interesting that if you read the Daily Mail you're a right wing racist xenophobic thug. I read that paper i am against Islam in Britain but not anti Muslim. The trouble is if we take a more left sided view we will allow more into our country, then as they grow in numbers the inevitable will happen. Until we as a country or even Europe as a whole stand up to the migrant crisis then we will slowly become swamped with them. I feel sorry for the genuine ones who are fleeing not just trying to better themselves we shouldn't have to put up with that. Their country is a shit hole so they'd all want to come is my opinion so it needs to be addressed. Unfortunately people will take the view of a friend of mine who was on the plane with shoe bomber Richard Reid, he full on shat himself when he tried to donate that bomb because he knew if he did he and all the passengers on that plane would be dead, now he is too afraid to go on a plane if there happens to be an Islamic looking passenger.
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, November 16, 2015, 06:44:51 »

Pete...

With respect, does it really matter.....
Simply this type of thing was and is still happening in Iraq, now Syria and before Afghanistan to name just a few.
Without generalising, it seems everywhere America and its allies go including Britain promoting the banner of freedom and democracy serious trouble is not very far behind.

COYMR's

skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #88 on: Monday, November 16, 2015, 07:01:20 »

Pete...

Simply this type of thing was and is still happening in Iraq, now Syria and before Afghanistan to name just a few.
Without generalising, it seems everywhere America and its allies go including Britain promoting the banner of freedom and democracy serious trouble is not very far behind.

COYMR's

I think regardless of whether we are involved or not they will still wage war on each other. But although we must shoulder some blame they have always been an aggressive faith otherwise why would Shiah brawl with Sunny etc?
But if you look at the struggles in Iraq now that Saddam is dead then we did influence it, we defeated him. Why did we do it? Because he was harming innocent civilians that were different faith, but he kept all the dodgy groups in order because he ruled with an iron fist. Now we are reaping what we sow. This doesn't mean we are obliged to surrender or borders to the filthy murdering cowardly scum
Isn't it ironic that those who are hood winked into suicide don't ask why the imams haven't done it?  Surely if there was that many Virgins waiting for you they'd be chomping at the bit for it also!!  Thick as fuck the lot of them
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, November 16, 2015, 07:43:43 »

Pete...

COYMR's

NZ, I agree, it doesn't really matter. Iran and Iraq fought a long war in the 1980s that claimed over a million lives. Rarely reported in the press and supported with weapons from all the 'superpowers'.

OK that was a while ago, but we never seem to have a bit of peace, ongoing war in the Ukraine seems to have been forgotten. The current G20 conference reporting seems to be be a courting of Russia, to join in the fight against Isis, or whatever they are called, in the aftermath of the Paris attack. That whole region is a complete mess. Much like Yugoslavia, Chechnya etc etc.

Meanwhile in other news, Republican presidential candidate advocates the use of nukes to solve the problem

http://realnewsrightnow.com/2015/08/trump-i-will-absolutely-use-a-nuclear-weapon-against-isis/

« Last Edit: Monday, November 16, 2015, 08:02:31 by Pete » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: