Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Info on Alex Henshall please  (Read 19625 times)
villafan

« on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 13:02:30 »

Hi Guys,

Villa fan here.....we've got Alex Henshall at our game today and apparently he's joining us as soon he turns 16. No news yet on what compensation you're getting so hopefully we won't give you peanuts!

So...what's he like? Has he been playing in your first team? Is he going to be good enough for the Premiership?

Thanks,

Rob
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 13:03:44 »

We'll have what you paid for Delph please.

He's never played for us, but he's been built up to be pretty good. A few of the guys on here watch the Youth Team so will have a better idea.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 13:06:08 »

Hi Guys,

Villa fan here.....we've got Alex Henshall at our game today and apparently he's joining us as soon he turns 16. No news yet on what compensation you're getting so hopefully we won't give you peanuts!

So...what's he like? Has he been playing in your first team? Is he going to be good enough for the Premiership?

Thanks,

Rob

Not yet played a minute for the first team as far as I am aware but has been on the bench a handful of times.

Played for the England under 16s in the recent tournament that was on sky and looked good apparently.

Has shone for the youths I believe and is supposed to be the next bright talent. Very highly thought of and I imagine we'd be seeking a fair whack of compensation.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 13:28:38 »

Just once i'd like to see us get some use from a 'prodigy'.

Fair enough, Villa are a massive club with an excellent manager in Martin O'Neil who actually plays British players, so i don't blame Alex Henshall. Equally, I don't blame Swindon Town Football Club for trying to attain the best price for him, after all we have to be a selling club.

BUT... I would like to see him play a few times!!

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 13:29:42 »

we can't sell him cause hes still under 16, hes not got a contract with us yet  - i think thats correct?

any fee would be based on a tribunal

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 13:30:33 »

I was really hoping that Wilson might have bunged him on for 20 minutes at the Fulham game.  Instead of playing that bloody hutchinson cack.

Never knowingly overstated.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 13:33:25 »

he can be sold the same as any player under contract can.
if he wasn't under contract he could go wherever he likes for nowt.

first time i saw him i didn't know who he was,but fuck me i did after watching him play.was the best player on the park by a mile and stood out big time.
beats his man,crosses well and can score goals.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 13:38:36 »

He certainly isnt ready for Premiership football, he's still 15. 16 next month I think.

Damn talented youngster though. Has just about every club in the Premiership come and watch him loads of times.

The best english young talent since Wayne Rooney (maybe!)

Dunno how long he has been at Swindon? hopefully for a fair few years. We should get fair old whack for him but tribunals never seen to favour the 'selling' club.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 13:40:27 »

he can be sold the same as any player under contract can.
if he wasn't under contract he could go wherever he likes for nowt.

He's not under contract - you have to be 16 to sign a contract. He won't go for nothing either as we'll get compensation for the training and development and whilst we can't sell him we could agree a compensation package without it going to tribunal.

If I was a Villa fan I wouldn't get my hopes up as there have been a plenty of rumours that other teams were looking at him - Man Utd, Chelsea and Everton. Probably a good chance that Arsenal have looked at him as well.

Then there is the question of whether a move would be good for him personally. He'd be looking at a couple of years before he'd even be in the 1st team squad at a top Premier League team, whereas he'll most likely be in the 1st team squad and playing with us next season.

You only have to look at the young players that have moved on from us in recent years, not a single success story and all of their careers have taken a backwards step.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 13:44:46 »

he is under contract.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 13:53:34 »

how, he's not old enough?

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 13:55:28 »

kids aged from 8 have contracts.i dont know where this 16 stuff comes from as it's bullshit.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 13:56:30 »

Different type of contract in the eyes of the law I believe.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 13:57:22 »

@johnny

Theo Walcott is ex Town of course. He could arguably be considered a success story.

We got GBP2,000 for him. That's the sort of money you get for a youth player.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 13:58:01 »

Disappointing if he's leaving without playing for us.

But I guess the lure of the £££ is too much for most kids, so if it happens lets hope we at least get good compo.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: