Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Andy Monkhouse  (Read 12615 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 12:04:06 »

David Stroud was awesome at Huddersfield and tore apart what was/is a very good side apart. He was a class above anything on that pitch and didnt look out of place.

Then he got injured, at the wrong time....but he showed me enough in that Huddersfield game...

He is a good left winger, well worth and capable of a place in our first team
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 12:24:32 »

It makes me laugh when people bang on about so called 'big names'.  We signed Thorpe and Curo last season who were technically 'big names' and look where that got us!

Wise isn't on his own in this scouting and signing malarky.  He has the help of some very experienced professionals, if they all didn't rate him and think he could do a job for us I doubt they would have signed him.
Dazzza

« Reply #62 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 12:48:27 »

Good signing and I actually did a bit of research last night as it was posted on the old Adver board late on.

Probably a fairly decent Championship player on past form and actually attracted some interest when he was there with Rotherham that would probably have required a considerable fee just a couple of seasons back.  

His departure from Rotherham looks more to do with the administrators rather than being down to a football decision.  He was rumoured to be on a decent wage and with them sinking into financial woes they want everyone they possibly can get off the books over the summer.

On the injury front he’s been on and off what looks for the past couple of years and reading a few of the Millers fan’s comments he’s never quite reached the same standard as he originally played at.  A couple of chaps have mentioned that if he’s not given a regular kick up the behind then he can be one to rest on his laurels with again a few fans mentioning that with the crowd on his back he often looks their best player of the season.

All in all a pretty good signing I’d say.  If we can put him through boot camp and keep him motivated which I’d suspect Mr Wise will do then we may could have a quality player on our hands.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 13:04:32 »

Reading that post Dazza makes me think Wise might have had an eye on him when at Millwall then.

Aaron Brown gets a lot of flack but I think he'll turn out to be a good signing.  Lets not forget he had hardly played in 2 years when we got him, he started to show some good touched towards the end despite having to play as a wing back.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #64 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 13:27:02 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
Reading that post Dazza makes me think Wise might have had an eye on him when at Millwall then.

Aaron Brown gets a lot of flack but I think he'll turn out to be a good signing.  Lets not forget he had hardly played in 2 years when we got him, he started to show some good touched towards the end despite having to play as a wing back.

I say welcome to Monkhouse - and if Brown plays like he did against Bristol City every week then he'll be liked.

Whether that'll happen I do not know. Fingers crossed.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 13:28:22 »

fuckin' right Roberto - he will get better
sonic youth

« Reply #66 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 14:52:48 »

if only he was called bob.

sounds like a decent player, i recognise the name but don't remember anything else but that's not a problem - i hadn't heard of most of the players we signed in 03/04 pre-season, had anyone?

slightly concerned about his injuries, hope we've not signed a crock
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 15:07:00 »

Who had heard of Patrick Vieira when Arsenal signed him???

And before some lame brain chips in with "Ooooh, so you think he will be as good as Vieira do you?"

No I don't. It's just an example.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 15:11:41 »

The lad has also played in a total of 147 games (80 starts and 67 subs), not the 68 being used which is just the number of League Starts.
red macca

« Reply #69 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 15:30:26 »

some lad on thisis posted this yesterday

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/forum_new/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=29060

even more reason to get rid of carson imo.what cunt tells someone they dont even know what signings we are making
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 15:49:36 »

I fucking hate it when the chairmen of clubs talk to the fans aswell.
red macca

« Reply #71 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 16:01:15 »

Quote from: "Tails"
I fucking hate it when the chairmen of clubs talk to the fans aswell.
clever fucker aint you tails..carson said that yesterday then last night devlin reiterates the club wants to keep their cards close to their chest.how did carson know he was a fan he could be any fucker
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 16:13:27 »

The deal was pretty much already done, and if this fella was chatting to Carson I'm fairly certain he would have said he was a Swindon fan.

Just tired of people finding small reasons to have a go at Carson. It's really quite tedious.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 16:18:49 »

if only he was called bob

Soapy Tit Wank

Just tired of people finding small reasons to have a go at Carson.

I'm just tired of Carson tbh,if its all so much of a chore to be involved with us,why doesn't he just ride his horse on out of here?

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
red macca

« Reply #74 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 16:19:54 »

tedious??grow up tails

as a chaiman the bloke is a grade A cunt..he laughed live on tv when asked if he would be opening his cheque book and said no chance.will not step down as chairman until he gets his money back(including interest) and whether you like it or not tails if the club are not revealing targets names then he shouldnt be either if anything it just proves he does not have a clue what the club are doing and carries on regardless..

as a man he isnt much better either i have been unfortunate to meet him on several occasions and he is a horrible little fucker
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: