Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Years Eve 1966........  (Read 3644 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, August 13, 2006, 21:56:35 »

Amazing. We would never get 7000 at 3-0 down nowadays
kaufman

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, August 13, 2006, 22:36:43 »

i think everyone was confident that if we got an early goal we would tear them apart and we did!

was just a magical season that one.

beats the 93 season for me in a way as we just brushed aside teams so easily for most of it.

best football ive ever seen town play in my lifetime anyway Sad
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, August 14, 2006, 01:19:56 »

Quote from: "arriba"
duke has been sub in every game so far unless i'm mistaken.

Certainly was a sub yesterday, came on in the 68th minute. Don't know for sure about their first two games, but I vaguely recall he was on the bench for both.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, August 14, 2006, 10:29:34 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "larwood"
What are you worried about,Daisy fucking Duke plays for them Wink

It will be a hard game,aside from yesterday they've had a good start to the season.A point would be great.

You going Macca?

I've just checked to see whether Daisy had been turning out, and he's made all 3 starts ....according to urban myth, and its no more, Darlo have the biggest budget in this league.

How would that work with the 60% rule?  I can't see how they generate more income than Wycombe lets say, based on their attendances.  I know Hartlepool are having big issues, not being able to sign anyone at the moment because they are over the 60% (too many full time players, not nec highly paid).

The argument given  as to why STFC need a large capacity new ground when we don't get crowds anywhere near justifying it is that, you get income generation 24/7.......presumably that is how Darlo are now the biggest club in L2.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, August 14, 2006, 10:32:17 »

Do the FL release any basic figures regarding this?  It would certainly be interesting to see.

I'd guess if out attendances continue to stay at the current level, we'd be able to expand the wage bill a bit come January, if needed.  Unless we've crazily gone and budgeted on having this number turning up.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, August 14, 2006, 10:33:39 »

Quote from: "kaufman"
i remember the darlington game where dave bennet broke his leg and we got beat 3-0 in the first leg of the league cup then beat them 4-0 at home in the second leg

RUMBELOWS CUP

DATE OPPONENTS VENUE RESULT ATT. SCORERS
SECOND ROUND
25 SEP Darlington Away 0-3 4,037 -
9 OCT Darlington Home 4-0 7,066 Simpson, Smith (og), Close, McLoughlin

even shaun close scored

There was a school of thought.....along the lines of what some say about the chavmeister, that once he gets one that'll be the start of a scoring run....sadly in Shaun's case it proved an inaccurate forecast.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, August 14, 2006, 10:35:27 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
Do the FL release any basic figures regarding this?  It would certainly be interesting to see.

I'd guess if out attendances continue to stay at the current level, we'd be able to expand the wage bill a bit come January, if needed.  Unless we've crazily gone and budgeted on having this number turning up.

I'd have thought it unlikely the FL would release the figures, when the club itself doesn't release them to its shareholders.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, August 14, 2006, 10:36:11 »

was there really?  He never inspired any confidence in me that he could score regularly, I seem to remember him being a bit lippy as well.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, August 14, 2006, 15:59:38 »

Robbo has t score in the next game, it has been long enough and he will be getting pissed off by it I am sure
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, August 14, 2006, 16:05:53 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Robbo has t score in the next game, it has been long enough and he will be getting pissed off by it I am sure

Think Saturday showed why every manager sooner or later sticks the chavmeister out wide...he's not really a goalscorer, but can create havoc.

The thought of Brownlie and Peacock with Roberts wide must soon enter DW's head.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, August 14, 2006, 16:08:26 »

but he doesn't like playing out on the wide, and when he did, it pushed him towards the bottle.

Things get better but they never get good
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, August 14, 2006, 16:09:16 »

I'd guess it would more likely be Brownlie and Roberts taking it in turns to drop off Peacock, as I think Wise likes to keep the team narrow.

I can't see us changing the set-up at the mo though, not while we ar winning.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, August 14, 2006, 16:09:43 »

plus, it would appear Roberts is the best crosser of the ball we have.

He does seem to do most of his damage kinda wide left...then cutting in onto his right.

I remember the Sheff Weds 3-2 game once we brought Fallon on Roberts when sorta wide left striker...tore them apart
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, August 14, 2006, 16:10:47 »

Quote from: "swindon town dave"
but he doesn't like playing out on the wide, and when he did, it pushed him towards the bottle.

Catch 22 innit.....its fine and dandy if goals are coming from other areas of the pitch....but ultimately the fellas up top have to stick a few away.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, August 14, 2006, 16:11:35 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "swindon town dave"

Catch 22 innit.....its fine and dandy if goals are coming from other areas of the pitch....but ultimately the fellas up top have to stick a few away.

Hopefully goals and not units.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: