Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Great Expectations  (Read 3836 times)
sonic youth

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, August 13, 2006, 15:45:34 »

My old man always says about us scoring goals/winning games late on under Macari which is why I asked.

Anyway, I think this season we will see late goals and last minute winners. It's just a feeling I have.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, August 13, 2006, 16:03:19 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
My old man always says about us scoring goals/winning games late on under Macari which is why I asked.

Anyway, I think this season we will see late goals and last minute winners. It's just a feeling I have.

Well we've had a pretty memorable one already this season....probably the classic side for a late winner was the 68/69 side...who pulled out 5 victories in the league with goals in the last couple of mins..not to mention other heroics in the LC.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, August 13, 2006, 16:21:44 »

We got stuffed at home by Blackpool methinks early on

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, August 13, 2006, 16:39:48 »

Quote from: "adje"

That was the following season.....86/87, they looked a million dollars, we looked shit, so bad in fact that a lad climbed out the TE and took a corner for us, rather than leave it to Leapy Lee Barnard. We went up they didn't.
lumpimynci

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, August 13, 2006, 18:15:33 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

That was the following season.....86/87, they looked a million dollars, we looked shit, so bad in fact that a lad climbed out the TE and took a corner for us, rather than leave it to Leapy Lee Barnard. We went up they didn't.

I've often thought that Lou may have got Stumpy to take set pieces, not because his delivery was any better than anyone else in the side, but simply because he was the shortest.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, August 13, 2006, 19:23:03 »

stumpy barnard. swindons own answer to the crab,a shitter version of ray wilkins with hair.didn't he get done for being a nonse?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, August 13, 2006, 19:30:35 »

Quote from: "arriba"
stumpy barnard. swindons own answer to the crab,a shitter version of ray wilkins with hair.didn't he get done for being a nonse?

No he got into a bit of trouble for wife beating, after he'd finished playing and was working in the Community Office, so he was fired.

He then turned up in my local for a while, would sit on his own and chain smoke and get pissed,  which isn't particularly unusual.   I wrestled with my conscience for 30 secs...should I go and talk to  Leigh, remind him of the good times,  then thought fuck it....

After a couple of months of this he turned up one night with a fit bird on the arm and wasn't seen again.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, August 13, 2006, 20:13:00 »

Paul Batty was one I used to moan about, his passes seemed to go unerringly to the opposition after sometimes doing some good work.

ust be the oldest
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, August 13, 2006, 20:29:20 »

Quote from: "normy"
Paul Batty was one I used to moan about, his passes seemed to go unerringly to the opposition after sometimes doing some good work.

Yep another little un through the ranks....had a few good games but not quite up to it.

I recall at one time a few years back he was working in a gentleman's outfitter.....ooh suits you sir....and turning out part time I think for Yeovil.

Gentleman's outfitters look to be going the way of the steam railway, I'm guessing Treasures, would be the last in town.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, August 13, 2006, 22:39:21 »

With big chains such as Burtons, Debenhams and BHS all doing it now it is no surprise!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, August 14, 2006, 10:13:11 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Senility creeping in

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: