Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Match Ratings  (Read 8454 times)
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 23:00:19 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
Quote from: "PHIL!!!!"
Pook - anonymous, decent set piece deliveries though.

Do you reckon  :shock: They were poor i thought.... Hit them over our players instead of to them....

mmm, they were in the right areas but nobody really attacked the ball properly.

compared to monkhouse's they were beckham-esque

Yeah ok i agree with that  :thumbs:

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 23:13:39 »

Its difficult to really study any single performance that well from the Town End, but Pook's absence was more striking than anyone elses...just not there, especially in the 2nd half Wink

Think Weston's got promise. there were times where he didn't have any options in front of him but he'd pick ut a good ball and keep the move going. Had decent control and could be a good link man.

Question is, if we end up getting Ince, do we play two 30-something s in there and leave him out when he needs games to develop. He's still had less than ten games in his career!!
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 23:42:39 »

Watching from the Nationwide it was painfully obvious that Pook was the weakest link. He simply doesn't have the composure to boss the midfield.

Monkhouse worked hard again tonight and did the same switch with Shakes that he did in the Reading friendly. Looks like that's going to be one of Wise's tactics this season. Get the wide men to switch sides for ten minutes or so just to change the shape of the play, then switch them back again.

Nicho is actually looking better every game. It was a delight to watch him and Ifil talking all the way through the first half and WATCHING WHERE THE DEFENSIVE LINE WAS! That was something we simply didn't see when King or Onoura were in charge. In particular I noticed that Nicho won most of his headers tonight, he never used to do that! I think we might see the best of Nicho this season, (particularly with somebody like Williams to mentor him).

On the point of Williams, did anybody else notice how hard he worked throughout the Barnet game? He spent much of the game"warming up". By that I mean that he was going up and down the touchline talking to the players. He was effectivley doing the sort of coaching job that Poyet and Wise can't do from the confines of the technical area. It was brilliant!
sonic youth

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 23:47:31 »

well spotted DR, the fourth official came down the line to stop williams warming up in injury time because he was barking orders onto the pitch when barnet had a free-kick just after our goal.

after the game, wise was giving his interview and i was stood in the dugout listening to him and out came williams to do a lap of the pitch - timing himself as well.

and he's not played yet!!
digby

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 00:00:03 »

Brezovan-7 - on saturday he showed his wonderful shot stopping ability, but today he showed he has the rest to be a great keeper - commanded his area very well, handled crosses well, and on a number of occasions, he was very quick off his line.
Smith-6- solid performance, worked hard, but was to blame for the goal; he should have cleared into touch, instead of being clever
Ifil-8- great performance, challenger for MOTM
Nicho-4- awful first half; he's a half decent left back, but certainly NOT a centre-back ! Sooner Wisey picks this up - the better !
Vincent-5 not impressed so far, poor defensively and often out of position . Hope I'm wrong, but I see him as another Dukey !!
Shakes-6 -erratic,but cannot fault the effort and he scored
Pook-5 - did nothing really of note and HAD to be substituted
Weston-6 has loads of potential but not one of his best performances. Silly booking; that's 2 in 2 games !
Monkhouse-6 works hard and covers back well for Vincent. Needs to take players on more. Some dire corner deliverys
Roberts-8 MOTM - superb, worked very hard, made some good runs, and involved in both goals.
Peacock-6 bags of effort but lacked composure

subs.

brownlie-8 He's a FINISHER !!! crackin' goal, a screamer
Fola-5 - I actually think he could be quite good, but certainly didn't show anything today !!
Evans-7 Held the midfield together, did the simple things well, and should start saturday
fatbury

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 07:14:56 »

Roberts deffo MOTM!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 07:26:40 »

Oh, and did anyone else notice we now deploy the multiball sysytem at the county ground, i.e. each ballboy (or girl) has a ball with them to use when the current match ball goes out of play.

Guess it keeps the tempo up or something.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 07:30:20 »

Need to get some more intelligent ball boys now then. I wondered why so many balls ended up on the pitch at times.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 07:31:52 »

They're only young kids!
McLovin

« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 08:13:39 »

Select ratings:

Weston - Is a good little player, if he has someone a little more established next to him
Nicho - Not actually too bad, considering he's a left-back
Roberts - Ace. Chased down lost causes, great assists, took up good positions
Smith - Better as a righback. Well spotted Wisey.
Pook - Abysmal... his fault for the goal.
Fola - I'm sure he looked fairly handy in friendlies...?!
Ifil - Much better than last year. Still has his strengths, and is getting more reliable.
Monkey - If Brown wasn't such a lazy, uninterested shite, i'd have him in in an instant.
red macca

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 08:16:03 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
Select ratings:

Weston - Is a good little player, if he has someone a little more established next to him
Nicho - Not actually too bad, considering he's a left-back
Roberts - Ace. Chased down lost causes, great assists, took up good positions
Smith - Better as a righback. Well spotted Wisey.
Pook - Abysmal... his fault for the goal.
Fola - I'm sure he looked fairly handy in friendlies...?!
Ifil - Much better than last year. Still has his strengths, and is getting more reliable.
Monkey - If Brown wasn't such a lazy, uninterested shite, i'd have him in in an instant.
pook was shit last night i agree but it wasnt his fault for the goal it was jack smiths
magic8ball

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 08:24:41 »

A few points from moi re: last night.

Pook rubbish. Get rid.

Jerel and Nicholas did okay at the back. Nicho will get better I reckon, remember he's only just taken up the position in the centre. Give him time.

Vincent was solid. Seems todo the simple things, which is fine by me, although I would like to se him and Smith get forward as much as poss.

Weston needs to play, he provided the muscle (and got booked in the process) in the first half, and he's only small himself. He needs to play next to Evans (or Ince) and provide the running and creativity, he passed the ball well.

Robbo and Cock tried hard all game. Goals will come if we can get more width and break quickly.
McLovin

« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 08:34:24 »

Was it not Pook who failed to see/kick the ball out on the goal line and ended up falling over the ball? My mistake...
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 09:28:45 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
well spotted DR, the fourth official came down the line to stop williams warming up in injury time because he was barking orders onto the pitch when barnet had a free-kick just after our goal.

That was funny - Williams was pleading his innocence saying he was just warming up and the fourth official gently reminded him that there was no need as we had already used all our subs
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 10:04:33 »

Quote from: "Batch"
Oh, and did anyone else notice we now deploy the multiball sysytem at the county ground, i.e. each ballboy (or girl) has a ball with them to use when the current match ball goes out of play.

Guess it keeps the tempo up or something.

is it players from the CofE?  noticed they were just a tad older than the previous years efforts.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: