Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A roof for the Bank at last.  (Read 56148 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 11:33:31 »

Is there are any reasons they can't have some side wings on it?
Would have thought they'd want to install windbreaks at either side and enclose it much like Bournemouth's 'temporary stand'.
I'll reserve judgement but leaving it completely open either side is going to make it look pretty shit.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 11:47:45 »

At least it's not a canvas roof, like at the Memorial Ground. Pretty rough looking all the same.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #167 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 11:51:28 »

Where's this artist's impression then?
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 11:54:51 »

Where's this artist's impression then?

adver site. i still don't know how to paste images on here so you'll have to take a look
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #169 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 12:06:15 »

Thanks
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 12:09:30 »

Well it's basic but it's cheap. If you want wings we'll have to finance them. Even if we can attract a decent grant, I suspect the Trust will aim to use that to develop the family facilities rather than doll up the roof design.

I think they're doing great work.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #171 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 12:21:19 »

Don't know about those pillars spelling 'REID'. Won't they get in the way?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 12:39:44 »

Looks like somebody knocked it up on Microsoft Paint.

To be fair (and possibly not helped by the Advertiser titling it as an architects impression) it appears to have been prepared by the steelwork company and thus will only intend to show the steelwork structure in simple terms - hence its simplicity etc.
Charlie Henry

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 12:40:12 »

The Bank is such a large space I don't think the diagram clearly shows the scale of the roof. Personally I think it could look pretty good (possibly a bit of a wind tunnel from either end mind), we need to know the plan for the Rolex though
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 12:42:36 »

To be fair (and possibly not helped by the Advertiser titling it as an architects impression) it appears to have been prepared by the steelwork company and thus will only intend to show the steelwork structure in simple terms - hence its simplicity etc.

Correct this is not an architects impression this was a simple drawing to establish the type of roof required and the dimensions,amount of steel required etc.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 12:56:33 »

we need to know the plan for the Rolex though

The plan is for the Rolex clock to remain where it is as the roof's height will be below the clock.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 13:31:35 »

I'd really like to know the cost of bulldozing the fucker and starting again with something small but tidy. That's really the only way to know if the turd polishing if value for money or not.

In an ideal world I'd have one of these in place of Statton Bank.....

and one of these in place of the Town End

Only problem being, if we did the bank development like that, it would reduce the grounds capacity quite a bit until a new town end was feasible. It would mean the stand would actually be used most of the time though and would tidy the ground up a lot.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 14:05:05 »

Why not put a roof on and if it can be done at no cost to STFC then fair play.

The only concern if you like is when they do fainally come round to doing a redevelopment will this be money down the drain, but I'd assume that the Trust have given that some thought.

Who is REID then who's name looks to be put into the seats :>)

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #178 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 14:23:15 »

Who is REID then who's name looks to be put into the seats :>)
[/quote]
Its Eric Reid. Its all his when he stages a one man taking of the end on behalf of his yellow brethren.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 14:23:23 »

I'd really like to know the cost of bulldozing the fucker and starting again with something small but tidy. That's really the only way to know if the turd polishing if value for money or not.

In an ideal world I'd have one of these in place of Statton Bank.....

and one of these in place of the Town End

Only problem being, if we did the bank development like that, it would reduce the grounds capacity quite a bit until a new town end was feasible. It would mean the stand would actually be used most of the time though and would tidy the ground up a lot.

I would assume that the Trust will have done the sums regarding building on the bank v. entire clearance and new build?

In terms of the Town End that site represents the best chance we have to build something that achieves the necessary 365 days income, be it hotel or whatever, if we are looking at Boxes isn't that the point of the infamous and mythical second concourse in the south stand. I am not sure about boxes in an end stand?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: