Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 50923 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 11:28:08 »

back in 64 we won 3-0 away and Dennis Brown got all 3, maybe that's the one you're thinking of?
Thanks Bedford, that will be the one, about that era!!  Cheers!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 11:28:39 »

Excellent, thanks.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 11:30:23 »

The only time I've seen an STFC player score 4 in an away game, was Dennis (Bullets) Brown at Bormuff in this month 48 years ago, which is quite a long time, and "Deadly" Duncan Shearer at Plymuff in this month, in 91.

Not sure there have been any other 4 goal away hauls, in the league.  One possibility, is when "Bronco" Layne scored 4 v Bath City at Twerton in an FA Cup replay in 1960, but I missed that one.
It was Brown, but it was 3-0 according to Bedford Red.  I stand corrected!!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 11:41:21 »

It was Brown, but it was 3-0 according to Bedford Red.  I stand corrected!!!

Oh yes...I used to like Bullets, so called as a lot of his goals came from range. I once did a bit of analysis on the proportion of home/away goals scored by STFC players with more than 30 League goals....and Bullets was one of maybe 2, who scored more away than at home.

Maybe time to do an upgrade on it, lost the original.

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 11:54:06 »

In the Coach and horses. If anyone wants to say hello im the bald miserable looking cunt at the bar on my own.

It's All Good..............
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 12:00:44 »

@SR .... we travelled to Leytonstone

Leyton ... it's Leyton. Part of the London Borough of Waltham Forest, as is Leytonstone. Brisbane Road Matchroom stadium is behind Leyton Town Hall, or it was when I lived in Leyton.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 12:13:20 »

At barnsley my mate forgot the tickets and now for orient his car has broken down. Enjoy the game chaps, i'm going to look for new friends!  Suicide
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 12:33:53 »

In the Coach and horses. If anyone wants to say hello im the bald miserable looking cunt at the bar on my own.

Having met you I think you are painting a better picture than the truth there  Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
jonah

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 12:55:23 »

The only time I've seen an STFC player score 4 in an away game, was Dennis (Bullets) Brown at Bormuff in this month 48 years ago, which is quite a long time, and "Deadly" Duncan Shearer at Plymuff in this month, in 91.

Not sure there have been any other 4 goal away hauls, in the league.  One possibility, is when "Bronco" Layne scored 4 v Bath City at Twerton in an FA Cup replay in 1960, but I missed that one.

One 4 - 0 win that sticks in my mind was away at Watford in 1993. Was one of the best away days I've ever been to. Chalky hat-trick and one from Mitchell. A great forth goal and from what I remember we were in good voice that day.
http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19930132
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 12:57:22 by jonah » Logged

Wiltshire boy born and bred - long in arm thick in 'ead.......
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #39 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 13:01:34 »

One change Williams in up front.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #40 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 13:02:35 »

Foderingham; Stephens, Thompson N, Turnbull; Byrne, Thompson L, Kasim, Luongo, Bell; Williams, Smith M

subs: Belford, Barthram, Smith B, Rodgers, Reeves, Waldon, Barker

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 13:24:57 »

At barnsley my mate forgot the tickets and now for orient his car has broken down. Enjoy the game chaps, i'm going to look for new friends!  Suicide

Ahahaha, glorious, second week in a row.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 13:26:20 »

Interesting to see Brad Smith's being benched in preference of Bell. That or he's being saved for the JPT.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 13:26:51 »

I'm going to bake a cake and some brownies while I listen to the football. If we win I will make it a habit. If we lose I will never bake again.

n.b. this post is entirely dependent on whether or not I succeed with the baking
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 13:29:00 »

I'm going to bake a cake and some brownies while I listen to the football. If we win I will make it a habit. If we lose I will never bake again.

n.b. this post is entirely dependent on whether or not I succeed with the baking

Put sea salt in the brownies, it's fucking amazing.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: