Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sat on the scales  (Read 6520 times)
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 22:43:44 »

I'm in the minority cause I think Risser has potential, I also thought he did ok on his debut v Crewe, he admitted he was nervous but his goal was no fluke. Also wasnt too far off getting one very similar v Cheltenham. He was very vocal and encouraged the team throughout which was good to see. I think if anything he may be trying a bit to hard to impress and because of that he has been caught out of position a few times. He is not the quickest but is a big unit and won plenty of 50/50's.I'm not saying he is any better than Ferry, Smith, or McCormack but I don't think he is as bad as some are saying. Hope he gets a run out tomorrow night to give him another chance to change people's opinion.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 23:32:59 »

Its easy enough to judge a player after minimal game time. I remember pointing out Casal was shit and always out of position against Tranmere whilst everyone else was wanking over McNamee.

I thought he was shit and rubbish after that game - that was my judgement....still would have given him another couple of games before I cast my opinion in stone, players at any level do have off days...

He was shit and out of position for both goals away at Cheltenham and that was it for me...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 07:46:23 »

(Risser)...I'm not saying he is any better than Ferry, ..., or McCormack

I think that's more the point. When he was made captain I thought he was going to be. To me it looked pretty obvious early on that our best two midfielders were on the bench.

Now he (Risser) did miss a lot of pre-season so I wondered if it was a fitness thing, but I have my doubts. Hope I am totally wrong on that.

I guess this is the risk with getting players in who have played a handful of games in the outer mongolia 4th division, and who are assessed against the Spicy Meatball and Firkin select 11.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 08:45:07 »

By the way-I didn't say Risser was "crap",just said that after seeing him twice,I was underwhelmed with him.Leefer I dont blame you for trusting PDC's judgement more than mine-but we seem to be of the same opinion at the moment.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 10:37:21 »

We lost 1-0 at Cheltenham DV, at the moment we are not seeing the best of any of our players but when we start winning and the confidence grows I'm hoping we will all have better opinions of the team.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 13:53:33 »

We lost 1-0 at Cheltenham DV, at the moment we are not seeing the best of any of our players but when we start winning and the confidence grows I'm hoping we will all have better opinions of the team.

What?

Not that season we didnt. It was 2-0.

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=20090102
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 13:58:56 »

My mistake DV, thought you were referring to Risser this season at Cheltenham.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 14:01:16 »

I would have thought the mention of McNamee and Casal might have given it away Smiley
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 14:04:36 »

Yeah your right, I was concentrating on Adje's and Batch's post to much regarding Risser.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 14:07:45 »

To put a conclusion to my Risser thoughts, I certainly think it's too early to write him off. But so far he hasn't influenced a game at all (good goal though).
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 14:14:49 »

risser was absolute dogshite against crewe. not saying he won't come good, but he was on the bench vs pox, which must tell you something

Things get better but they never get good
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 15:22:40 »

Think Paolo may of given him the captains arm band a bit prematurely but he needed to name somebody before the first league game. I prefer to see a defender as team captain as you tend to see more of what's going right/wrong from that position. Maybe like some have said, Caddis or Flint would do a decent job ?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 16:03:09 »

. Maybe like some have said, Caddis or Flint would do a decent job ?

I think I'd prefer an older head to captain and let the younger element get on with their own game.

Flint has been fantastic, I think Paolo had him down as a squad player before the Crewe match. I think we all did!
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 17:08:45 »

I think I'd prefer an older head to captain and let the younger element get on with their own game.

Trouble is who does that leave?  Comazzi?
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 17:25:18 »

Trouble is who does that leave?  Comazzi?

Comazzi was in the running at the start I seem to remember. Having seen him play in the pre-season games he seems to be a good talker and organiser. If he is better than Devera which is not difficult at the moment he might be a good choice for captain?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: