Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hereford Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 47241 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 22:35:39 »

So are we going to call him "Boetang"..?
I think we should if that's his name. Is that his name?? I think it is...what do you think?
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 22:48:25 »

So are we going to call him "Boetang"..?

Seeing thats his name probably
Peacocks-Lucky-Coat

Dishonest Abe

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 22:53:30 »

Unfortunately his surname is Boateng, not Boetang. Sorry to disappoint
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 22:54:49 »

From the Hereford forum...

"Best performance for a month? Best performance all bloody season I've seen! First time we truly played football and out-footballed the "Barcelona of League 2"

I'm sorry, but no, just no

For fuck sake

we're the Real Madrid of League 2 - at least get it right

I come from a land down-under
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 22:57:52 »

Considering Pox drew 0-0 im gunna guess he didnt  :DIts more the cheating thing that appears to pop up, I dont see how we can be labled this especially today when Hereford seemed determined to put at least one of out players in hospital! All that Evans proved to Di Canio is that hes a dirty bastard!

But I think they've got pre-conceived ideas of what we're like because of the general rep PDC has. We pass well and draw a lot of fouls - look at todays foul stats - I think their whole midfield was booked today and Evans was lucky to stay on the pitch. Added to that, we have a couple of players who go down easy: Ritchie and Caddis - to that extent, yes, we cheat - but no more than other sides (not that that makes it right). We're certainly not dirty in the Steve Evans / Martin Allen sense  -we're a bunch of midgets. They're bitter. I've never seen such a soul-destroying club in 21 years of going to football. Their club screams 'Life on Mars', and not in a nostalgic way - in a "this is the best we'll ever be and it's still shit" way. Poor ground (non-league grounds are great - but only when the have atmosphere - Barnet, Wimbledon etc...not when the fans are half-dead in their seats), shocking pitch, poor pubs (anybody else go in the Herdsman?! Jesus), poor team. One of those clubs that add very little to the beautiful game.  There - I have risen to the bait.   
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 23:08:39 by The Moonraker » Logged
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 23:21:04 »

we have a couple of players who go down easy: Ritchie and Caddis - to that extent, yes, we cheat - but no more than other sides (not that that makes it right). We're certainly not dirty in the Steve Evans / Martin Allen sense  -we're a bunch of midgets.
Personally i wouldnt say going down easily is cheating as such, if there is contact which would stop them from continuing on a run or something then I can understand them going down. Not that I agree with it as I think football is becoming too soft but i think cheating is a bit strong. I cant think of a single dirty player that we have, Macca and Smith probably the worst but only because they like a challenge! Hereford is a shithole make no mistake
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 23:23:43 »

It finished 0-0.

You do the maths.

Well done Bob................hook line and sinker
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 23:33:52 »

Cannot take Hereford fans seriously after thy beat us 17-3 on fouls and call us diving cheats!

Smug Fuck Off
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 23:41:45 »

Well done Bob................hook line and sinker

Well there are a number of utter plebs on here (pericarp springs to mind) who seem to ask a load of retarded questions that it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility that you weren't being serious.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 23:43:07 »

Personally i wouldnt say going down easily is cheating as such, if there is contact which would stop them from continuing on a run or something then I can understand them going down. Not that I agree with it as I think football is becoming too soft but i think cheating is a bit strong. I cant think of a single dirty player that we have, Macca and Smith probably the worst but only because they like a challenge! Hereford is a shithole make no mistake

Oh dear.

I have only seen the Town live 3 times this year (cue abuse) (but I live miles away, and have served my time in previous years), and I don't see us as a diving team at all. And this is a big thing for me, as I hate the "new football" where diving has started to be considered acceptable.

The statement above "Personally i wouldnt say going down easily is cheating as such" really annoys me as it shows how cheating has become in some way acceptable.

What is "Going down easily" if it's not cheating ?

Even commentators on MOTD say things like "he should have gone down"

Maybe I'm just an old dinosaur, but it really annoys me.

Just to make it clear - I don't think the Town are particularly bad, it's just a rant about the state of the game
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 23:46:22 »

You go down if you can't stay up. Anything else is cheating. That is why I can't get my head round  the ridiculous claim that players roll out that they 'felt a touch' as if that is an excuse to go down.

Anyway, the point is, we're no better or worse than other sides.

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 23:48:20 »

You go down if you can't stay up. Anything else is cheating. That is why I can't get my head round  the ridiculous claim that players roll out that they 'felt a touch' as if that is an excuse to go down.

Anyway, the point is, we're no better or worse than other sides.

affirmative

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 23:49:36 »

Did anyone see the Oxford score today ?
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 23:50:44 »

The statement above "Personally i wouldnt say going down easily is cheating as such" really annoys me as it shows how cheating has become in some way acceptable.

What is "Going down easily" if it's not cheating ?

Unfortunately, nowadays this isnt cheating because everyone does it. I only now accept it as i have exhausted myself arguing with mates who believe that this is part and parcel of winning a game of football (idiots). As i said, Id much rather seeing players stay on their feet and compete for the ball but can you expect that now with the likes of Suarez, Nani etc who dive around after getting poked and win free kicks/penalties for their teams? I dont think you can really
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 23:54:49 »

The issue has been rather exacerbated by the fact that PDC did say after the macclesield away match (I think) that he would instruct his players to go down due to the shit ref turning down a stonewall penalty when Richie didnt go down and tried to keep on his feet.

Gives other teams a stick to beat us with wether we are any worse than any other team or not.  
Fwiw In my opinion we are no worse than any other team and as previously stated we draw fouls because we have skillful ball players.  Not common in this league.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: