Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hereford Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 47245 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 20:26:10 »

Blimey.

I wonder how many wanted PDCs autograph though...
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 20:32:47 »

Pitch was more akin to a field than a surface for attractive, passing football. You could see from the way the ball bounced that it must've been a real challenge to control the ball and complete passes.

So although we didn't play hoofball like Hereford, our performance was worsened drastically. It seems that, apart from pitching the ball long onto their strikers heads, the other part of their game plan was to try and break our players - Will Evans could well have been sent off, duly subbed after the ref bottled it.

All in all the keeper has gifted us the game, with his general, all-round, atrocious play. Were he not so prone to errors, I could well have seen Hereford being tough to break down, and it would probably have ended 0-0.

A tricky match overcome. Onwards!

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 20:51:03 »

This was actually a massively key result today. When Di Canio took over like most, I wasn't sure what to think and didn't know what we were getting. That said, I was confident that he would build a team around the principals of playing good passing football, who were disciplined and very fit. One of my doubts (admittedly I had many at the time) was how we would do in the middle of winter on horrible, rutted cow pastures with the opposition trying to kick our players 3 feet in the air at every opportunity. Would we be able to grind out results in those circumstances? The answer to that question today is most assuredly YES!

A massive win. Make no mistake.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 20:53:47 »

Read that some oxford fans attacked some swindon shirters or something. Not sure if thats true?

Apparently they stopped a train until they were caught??

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 21:00:02 »

Read that some oxford fans attacked some swindon shirters or something. Not sure if thats true?

Apparently they stopped a train until they were caught??

Wouldn't surprise me and will be a taste of things to come at their place.
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 21:06:20 »

Blimey.

I wonder how many wanted PDCs autograph though...
Reading their forum before kick off they were going to do this and do that to Paolo, when it came down to it they asked for his autograph!

What a bunch of bitter tossers.

Hmmm

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 21:09:18 »

Not the best performance but 3 points on a ploughed field that's all that matters.

Hereford are a poor side but to be fair the last 20 minutes went direct and caused a few moments of concern.
Macca was again superb. Boetang had a few nervous moments but came through it.

A physical battle but we came through it. Ref looked very nervous and kept on giving out the yellows and I was surprised that a red was not forthcoming.

That win showed me that we can come away from a physical battle and win.

COYR'ds - Massive Tuesday.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 21:16:24 »

Not the best performance but 3 points on a ploughed field that's all that matters.

Hereford are a poor side but to be fair the last 20 minutes went direct and caused a few moments of concern.
Macca was again superb. Boetang had a few nervous moments but came through it.

A physical battle but we came through it. Ref looked very nervous and kept on giving out the yellows and I was surprised that a red was not forthcoming.

That win showed me that we can come away from a physical battle and win.

COYR'ds - Massive Tuesday.
I can see Macca ending up as POTY.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 21:34:39 »

What have we done (apart from beat them) to have Hereford calling us cheats and worse than Crawley?

Did Di Canio celebrate a goal? Did he wave his arms around? Or was it because Paul Benson (best bit of January business in the division by far btw) had the audacity to be fouled inside the box when he was just about to shoot and score anyway?
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 21:39:32 »

Seems to be every week that opposition fans are saying the same things about us. Whether we play them off the park or grind out wins like we did today.

At the end of the day, we are the best team in this league and some people seem to find it hard to admit this!

Hereford were fooking awful btw, could not watch that week in week out!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 21:40:19 »

I can see Macca ending up as POTY.

It's still Ritchie for me, with Caddis and Alan Mc close behind.
Coca Fola

« Reply #416 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 21:43:16 »

We did well to grind that victory out. It was always gonna be a tough game on that pitch, can't ask for any more really.

(PS We only won because me and my mate gave Bartlett an unbelievable amount of stick)  Yes
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 21:43:25 »

It's still Ritchie for me, with Caddis and Alan Mc close behind.
It's just great to be able to have the debate Cool
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 21:47:36 »

Typical Noel coward play....lots of dialogue round and round and circles and then suddenly it kicks up two gears and you feel quite pleased.

Did she used to be in crossroads ?
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 21:49:38 »

Paolo is a very clever man who has spent most his football life defending his words and actions, simple folk from division two find his words and actions to much so find it easier to attack him and whilst he is with us we will just have to accept being unliked. It's not all bad as a lot of neutrals think he is a breath of fresh air to the lower leagues.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: