Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Curly Withers  (Read 11602 times)
Coca Fola

« Reply #60 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 12:02:23 »

I think there's a big difference between the club tea-man and anything to do with the playing side of the business.
I've heard that Curly is almost certainly on his way out this season. He's wanted by Championship clubs as a result of his Wembley appearance.
Coca Fola

« Reply #61 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 12:02:49 »

Only the best tea-men make tea at Wembley. It's a once in a career moment.
paul backskin

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 12:17:14 »

I know he is now at Hereford but Will Evans also came through the youth system, in truth we may as well have paolo in charge of the youth team because lets be honest, if you do not play Paolos way, you do not play. simple as that. Great as far as i can see as a fan, however there isn't anything wrong with the players being produced, just not to Paolos taste, I think that Billy is a great player and it would be a great shame if we were to lose him, others i am not so sure, but i have also seen Murray play for us this year who is about as effective as Dossevi.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 12:21:06 »

If will evans was as good as you say he is, he wouldve been playing Wink
paul backskin

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 12:27:31 »

football is all about opinions and everyone has one. Will is in my opinion a good centre half, however is he as good as flint, McCormack, devera, no he isnt, seeing as though we have conceded the least amount of goals in the football league, could you tell me of any centre halfs that would be better to have?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 12:30:19 »

I think we need to remember the constraints that the youth set-up work under - we do not have an academy set-up as some clubs have.  The only one with any worthwhile experience is Paul Bodin, the other coaches do not have the experience required to bring these kids through.  We even have to cap in hand for donations to send the youths to the Milk Cup in Ireland.  When you  see the set-up at Southampton for example and compare that to the facilities for our youths to train and play there really is no comparison.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 12:30:39 »

Have you watched him play for the first team then? I thought he played a 2nd half of a jpt cup game and that was it.

Our centre backs are more than adequate imo
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 12:37:34 »

How has this thread turned into a debate about the Youth system and whether Paolo was right to ship out Kate Whateverherfuckingnameis!?!?!?!

Talk about it in a separate thread for fucksake! Pisses me off.

----------------BACK ON TOPIC----------------

I'm glad someone like Curly is getting the appreciation he deserves. Been with the club for years, hiding in the shadows, if you like, but finally getting some recognition. Good stuff!
He's a top bloke too, as I'm sure anyone who has had the pleasure of meeting him, will vouch for.

To Curly!  Pint

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
paul backskin

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 12:39:00 »

not for swindon as the JPT game was the only time he played for the first team. he came on as sub (centre mid) in the first half for Douglas from memory. I have seen him play for Hereford against us this year where i was very dissapointed in him, he pretty much ran around trying to kick lumps out of our players and was booked and then subbed off before being sent off, this i can only guess was out of frustration against swindon though as that booking id the only one he has had all season. I have seen him play three other games for hereford when i have been impressed by him, Hereford are shit tho. besides my point was, just because you are producing good players in your youth system it doesnt mean that they will play, if you have better players in the first team, why would they? you send them out on loan as we did, and have done with others, will impressed at Hereford and they decided that they wanted to sign him. he is their 3rd top scorer too.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 12:59:12 »

How has this thread turned into a debate about the Youth system and whether Paolo was right to ship out Kate Whateverherfuckingnameis!?!?!?!

Talk about it in a separate thread for fucksake! Pisses me off.

We are the TEF, we'll do what we want!! Grin

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 13:33:51 »

This is another reason why DiCanio has become so beloved in his short time with us; he cares about the people who make up the club, whoever they are.
This to me is the exact opposite of McMahon's treatment of John Trollope. It is why this championship feels so much better than that one did, and don't misunderstand me, that one felt good. There's a reason the club won family club of the year; amongst other things, it genuinely feels like those at the top care about those who work lower down and those who pay to watch. It's a massive cliche, but it feels like a family.

this post prompted my response. threads evolve so tough shit
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 14:08:44 »

Whose Curly Withers? - mine does in the cold weather!
I'll get me coat
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #72 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 14:15:52 »

Storie came in after release from Wolves though to be pedantic
If you are being pedantic then we got him from Coventry who had got him from Wolves Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 16:23:47 »

this post prompted my response. threads evolve so tough shit
What, into random bullshit which nobody has no real idea about? Nah....

Anyway.....Curly Withers - makes a cracking cuppa

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
woolster

« Reply #74 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 16:45:52 »

cant believe this has dragged on for 5 pages Roll Eyes

:doh:make that 6
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: