Poll
Question: Which Way Are You Voting
In - 91 (62.8%)
Out - 44 (30.3%)
Shake It All About - 10 (6.9%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EU Referendum  (Read 71116 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 09:07:19 »

I'm getting an Irish passport

My wife mentioned that last night, is that possible?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 09:11:48 »

Cornwall too

I saw an article over the weekend that they are shocked that the Govt aren't going to be providing them with what the EU did. Qu'elle Surprise amigos!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 09:22:20 »

Not according to Chris Grayling, leave campaigner and Govt minister, on the Today programme this morning. He breezily said that the government would now "start discussions to form the team who would start devising plans to leave". And seemed genuinely taken aback when the interviewer asked whether or not it might have been an idea for them to have had a plan BEFORE the vote. That is, after all, what they (ministers, civil servants) are paid for.  The government, and the Leave campaign, are woefully ill-prepared for this outcome because even the Leave campaign didn't think they'd win. And the leading lights of the Leave campaign don't even agree on their preferred way forward, much less have a plan to deliver it.

Because technically the Leave campaign are not the Government as such - the only people who can do anything with it.  If the Govt. really had zero plan for a Leave vote, then it just goes to show their incompetence, but I still really doubt it (what has most likely happened is the people in the civil service have worked up possible requirements in the background already).

Nobody on the Leave campaign could say "we'd spend the money on the NHS" for example (although they did), they could only really say "the Govt. can choose to spend the money on alternatives, such as the NHS, but it provides them more freedom and control to make the decision based on a National needs".  By voting Leave you are returning more control to our own Parliament - which for the next 4 years means a Conservative majority controlled Parliament.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 09:31:32 »

As long as someone steps up and actually initiates it, which no one wants to Smiley

Interesting article on that point.

Guardian: Will Article 50 ever be Triggered?

The vote produced a gun.  Someone now needs to pull the trigger.

I can see the gun being passed around the group, with no one wanting to keep it.

There's no plan.  And, worse than that, no one even knows who is going to write the plan.  There is a power vacuum at Westminster.  No effective Government, no effective Opposition.  Limbo.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 27, 2016, 09:40:26 by Ardiles » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 09:48:50 »

Alex Salmond on Nicola Sturgeon:

'She’s the only politician over the last few days who looks like she knows what she’s doing and is setting a clear course.'

Spot on.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 09:49:48 »

It's all I've got to offer Im afraid.

Never knowingly overstated.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 09:59:03 »

'She’s the only politician over the last few days who looks like she knows what she’s doing and is setting a clear course.'

Spot on.

It's all a bit opportunist though. I'm not quite sure she'll get what she wants, but it speaks to the Scottish people and even the ones who hate her (and there's plenty) will support her I think.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 10:00:15 »

Nicola Sturgeon knows that she can't do anything while Scotland is part of the U.K, the U.K. Government has to approve a further independence referendum which they aren't going to do and she doesn't know when she'd have the referendum either. She's as clueless as the rest of them. The fact is Scotland is part of the U.K. And the U.K. Voted to leave the EU. Much as that really pisses me off,that's democracy.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 10:12:23 »

Because technically the Leave campaign are not the Government as such - the only people who can do anything with it.  If the Govt. really had zero plan for a Leave vote, then it just goes to show their incompetence, but I still really doubt it (what has most likely happened is the people in the civil service have worked up possible requirements in the background already).
Chris Grayling is a government minister. He said this morning that not only do they not have a plan, but they've not even put together the team to start formulating the plan. And seemed genuinely bemused that anyone might find this a problem. So no, the government don't have a plan, and while I understand Leave are not the Govt, if one of the senior members of both is unaware of any plan and bemused that there might need to be one, it rather suggests that the incompetence straddles both Govt and the Leave campaign

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 10:22:07 »

Spot on.
Before I looked at this thread this morning I was going to bring up Sturgeon myself. I think she talks a lot of sense.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 10:25:13 »

Nicola Sturgeon knows that she can't do anything while Scotland is part of the U.K, the U.K. Government has to approve a further independence referendum which they aren't going to do and she doesn't know when she'd have the referendum either. She's as clueless as the rest of them. The fact is Scotland is part of the U.K. And the U.K. Voted to leave the EU. Much as that really pisses me off,that's democracy.

Scotland has its own parliament and 100% of Scottish councils voted to stay. You could quite easily argue that they are being taken out of the EU against their will, which is not democracy.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 10:29:26 »

You what? Sturgeon is talking about rejecting the democratic will of the UK - along with all the other bad losers.

Fucking unbelievable all these people unwilling to accept the democratic process.

Shameful.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 10:30:44 »

You what? Sturgeon is talking about rejecting the democratic will of the UK - along with all the other bad losers.

Fucking unbelievable all these people unwilling to accept the democratic process.

Shameful.

Are you trolling or retarded?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 10:31:48 »

Explain

Still waiting
« Last Edit: Monday, June 27, 2016, 10:35:02 by Rory Bellows » Logged
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #479 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 10:35:28 »

The Scottish people voted for Remain. Given a choice between the EU and UK is a different matter altogether and I think it would be close run thing. Sturgeon is a pretty good operator. If I was in her shoes though I'd wait to see what the UK looked like post exit before triggering anything.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: