Poll
Question: Which Way Are You Voting
In - 91 (62.8%)
Out - 44 (30.3%)
Shake It All About - 10 (6.9%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EU Referendum  (Read 71095 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Sunday, June 26, 2016, 21:28:15 »

I don't understand Reg. Surely half (fewer than) of under 30's can't be most of the bloody poor people.

Ps "Bloody poor people" is a standing joke in my family. Long story but the gist is.... Rich farmer talking about my grandfather and his family in a loud voice so that my grandfather could hear him. This during the great depression.
My grandfather couldn't retaliate, however he became a Liberal councillor later in life and did all he could to foil tories such as the farmer.
I'm very proud to be a bloody poor person but could explain the chip I carry on both shoulders, as others on here would see it.

Girl Giggle proper good joke is that. One to carry on through all future generations in your family.
Flashheart

« Reply #451 on: Sunday, June 26, 2016, 21:36:05 »

Why be 'proud' to be poor? It doesn't make sense. It's not an achievement.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a 'poor' working class man myself and grew up on a council estate wearing hand-me-down uniforms at school and had free school dinners ect. Being born to a poor family is not an achievement in the same way that being born to a rich family is not an achievement. There's nowt to be proud about, nor is there anything to be ashamed about.

Maybe I'm just being pedantic about semantics?
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Sunday, June 26, 2016, 21:41:50 »

Why be 'proud' to be poor? It doesn't make sense. It's not an achievement.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a 'poor' working class man myself and grew up on a council estate wearing hand-me-down uniforms at school and had free school dinners ect. Being born to a poor family is not an achievement in the same way that being born to a rich family is not an achievement. There's nowt to be proud about, nor is there anything to be ashamed about.

Maybe I'm just being pedantic about semantics?

Can I be proud to have been born into an 'average' class?

Just so I know the rules..  Cheesy

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Flashheart

« Reply #453 on: Sunday, June 26, 2016, 21:44:22 »

Can I be proud to have been born into an 'average' class?

Just so I know the rules..  Cheesy

Middle classed twat  Wink
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Sunday, June 26, 2016, 21:45:00 »

Middle classed twat  Wink

Wink

Roaming the land while you sleep..
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Sunday, June 26, 2016, 21:49:08 »

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/eu-referendum-muslims_uk_576e558ce4b08d2c563937ff

This C4 interview with Barnsley resident's about their reasons for voting out makes interesting viewing.  The first guy is very honest about his reasons.  I fear he's going to be somewhat disappointed however.

Whilst I imagine many people voted out for sovereignty/constitutional reasons, how many also made their decision for the same reasons as this guy?

Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Sunday, June 26, 2016, 22:28:19 »

Oh good lord!!!  Doh
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Sunday, June 26, 2016, 22:37:05 »

Best comment I've seen this even:

"Even Baldrick had a fucking plan"
Flashheart

« Reply #458 on: Sunday, June 26, 2016, 22:37:49 »

A cunning plan at that!
Flashheart

« Reply #459 on: Sunday, June 26, 2016, 23:25:36 »

'Liberals'* are so often intolerant to other people's opinions that they define themselves as the very thing that they are campaigning against. One's ironymeter gets overloaded.

Not directed at anybody on the TEF, just a general release of tension. I could easily end up falling out with some people that I like and respect on social media.

I'm going to bed. 'night all.

*I'm left myself.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 08:25:35 »

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/eu-referendum-muslims_uk_576e558ce4b08d2c563937ff

This C4 interview with Barnsley resident's about their reasons for voting out makes interesting viewing.  The first guy is very honest about his reasons.  I fear he's going to be somewhat disappointed however.

Whilst I imagine many people voted out for sovereignty/constitutional reasons, how many also made their decision for the same reasons as this guy?

And you will probably find just as many people who voted to remain part of an organisation that is headed towards further integration.  I bet if you asked them did you vote for a European Super State and the relegation of our parliament to a mere regional offshoot you'd probably get just as much head scratching.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 08:28:08 »

Also, the lack of a plan from those running the Brexit campaign is actually fully justifiable.  The vote was to remove ourselves from the EU and regain full legislative control - it's then up to the incumbent Govt. to do with that what they wish, subject to all the usual rules and procedures of parliament.  A sensible Govt, would have devised an outline plan (which they most likely have done - but it creates better short term headlines to support your view if you suggest otherwise).
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 08:40:27 »

Also, the lack of a plan from those running the Brexit campaign is actually fully justifiable.  The vote was to remove ourselves from the EU and regain full legislative control - it's then up to the incumbent Govt. to do with that what they wish, subject to all the usual rules and procedures of parliament.  A sensible Govt, would have devised an outline plan (which they most likely have done.
Not according to Chris Grayling, leave campaigner and Govt minister, on the Today programme this morning. He breezily said that the government would now "start discussions to form the team who would start devising plans to leave". And seemed genuinely taken aback when the interviewer asked whether or not it might have been an idea for them to have had a plan BEFORE the vote. That is, after all, what they (ministers, civil servants) are paid for.  The government, and the Leave campaign, are woefully ill-prepared for this outcome because even the Leave campaign didn't think they'd win. And the leading lights of the Leave campaign don't even agree on their preferred way forward, much less have a plan to deliver it.
Mister Lorenzo
Dirk Diggler

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 08:47:05 »

Not according to Chris Grayling, leave campaigner and Govt minister, on the Today programme this morning. He breezily said that the government would now "start discussions to form the team who would start devising plans to leave". And seemed genuinely taken aback when the interviewer asked whether or not it might have been an idea for them to have had a plan BEFORE the vote. That is, after all, what they (ministers, civil servants) are paid for.  The government, and the Leave campaign, are woefully ill-prepared for this outcome because even the Leave campaign didn't think they'd win. And the leading lights of the Leave campaign don't even agree on their preferred way forward, much less have a plan to deliver it.

Well it's a good job that they've got at least two years to sort it out then :-)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 08:50:33 »

Well it's a good job that they've got at least two years to sort it out then :-)

As long as someone steps up and actually initiates it, which no one wants to Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: