Poll
Question: Which Way Are You Voting
In - 91 (62.8%)
Out - 44 (30.3%)
Shake It All About - 10 (6.9%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EU Referendum  (Read 71112 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 10:58:57 »

you're absolutely right.voting leave does not make anyone a racist but i too go with what i see and living in a ukip stronghold (be there such a thing) i know for a fact that many people have voted with a racist agenda...and i am grown up,too grown up in fact!
Me too mate  Wink
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 10:59:03 »

According to Fox news, we've just voted to leave the UN.

There is a shred (only a shred) of reality in the statement - our seat on the UN Security Council is partly due to the EU membership.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 11:07:12 »

Shame on David Cameron for allowing an EU referendum to happen just to get himself re-elected.

Shame on the people who voted in or out on a whim without doing any ‘neutral’ research.

Shame on the people who didn’t vote.

Shame on the media, the remain & exit campaigns for not giving the public a clear view of the positives & negatives behind either decision.

Very well put. Can I add a couple?

Shame on Labour for deciding it was an internal Tory dispute they didn't need to get involved in and then realising too late what was going on.

Shame on our entire political class for ignoring the very real concerns that lie behind this vote - every election they say they've heard what people are saying and this time they really will listen. They've done that for the past 20-30 years, and now they are reaping the consequences

Shame on the selfish older voters for saddling the young with the consequences of a protest vote that won't affect them
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 11:15:12 »

I wonder whether the mood could change in NI?  As they voted to remain, will there be a push from Republicans for a move to being absorbed within the ROI, expecting less resistance from traditional Unionists?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 11:17:59 »

There is NO shame....it's called democracy.....If you don't like it...go and live in North Korea.

The people have voted and spoken....rightly or wrongly.

I'm not a big fan of the Tories.... They got in fair and square...that's my tough shit.

Clems Army!

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 11:20:00 »

I wonder whether the mood could change in NI?  As they voted to remain, will there be a push from Republicans for a move to being absorbed within the ROI, expecting less resistance from traditional Unionists?
Sinn Fein are already making suggestions of a vote for northern Ireland  like the Scottish had.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 11:27:13 »

Shame on the selfish older voters for saddling the young with the consequences of a protest vote that won't affect them

Shame on the people who judge other people's reasons for voting the way they have.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #232 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 11:41:50 »

People have voted for what they wanted and thats that. Called a democracy. I didn't vote for it but thats tough shit, everyone has their reasons so you gotta get on with it. Hate how this referendum has just used hate and abuse against people with a different opinion. I voted to remain and am part of the young generation that didn't vote for it, up to us to try and make it work.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 11:42:48 »

Shame on the people who judge other people's reasons for voting the way they have.
Sorry I didn't mean that was the case for all people who'd voted out, but it was a significant factor for some/many/several. For me, the vast bulk of the blame lies with the politicians who've ignored and abused a whole class of people for 20-30 years. But we'll all pay the price for that.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 11:45:22 »

Can't disagree with that.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 11:50:15 »

In or Out.. the abuse and bullying that people have dished out because of their difference in OPINIONS has been embarrassing.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Barry Scott

« Reply #236 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 11:50:20 »

I was just quoting the same sentence as 4D, but Paul's now replied. Smiley

I always respect your political posts, Paul, because you seem quite balanced, but I was quite surprised to see such a sweeping generalisation from you and had just wrote 1000 words of vitriol to ask you to explain that statement - 4D put it better! Wink

In or Out.. the abuse and bullying that people have dished out because of their difference in OPINIONS has been embarrassing.

Yep. The catch-all categorisations people are using is really fucking me off.
Flashheart

« Reply #237 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 11:55:02 »

The number of "If you voted for x then unfriend me" comments I've seen from otherwise rational people on FB has been fucking embarrassing. I didn't vote either way but felt like unfriending these people anyway, I chose instead to rise above it and ignore such crap.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #238 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 11:57:00 »

Very well put. Can I add a couple?

Shame on Labour for deciding it was an internal Tory dispute they didn't need to get involved in and then realising too late what was going on.

Shame on our entire political class for ignoring the very real concerns that lie behind this vote - every election they say they've heard what people are saying and this time they really will listen. They've done that for the past 20-30 years, and now they are reaping the consequences

So basically shame on anyone who didn't agree with you? Brilliant

FWIW It's worth i voted remain but i totally get why other people didn't. The last few months the media the in/out campaigners have been nothing but a joke. The way the majority have looked down their noses and belittled anyone who disagrees with what they think is an absolute fucking joke.

I know it's not solely the EU fault but you tell me hand on heart that you can't relate to someone who has had to resort to using foodbanks or has had their disabilty allowance cut or had to pay taxes on a spare bedroom that all of a sudden they should believe the very people who put them in that position in the first place?

Cameron bought this on with his own in party bollocks and it's backfired but don't blame the people who have been royally fucked over by this lot for not wanting to trust them again.

EDIT.Seen your post a few down
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 11:57:42 »

4D put it better! Wink

Well, it is a day for shocks.  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: