Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Scunthorpe  (Read 37083 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 09:45:01 »

you just have to keep going, hope that it stays cyclic and we'll one day be good again.

but everyone has a breaking point.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #181 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 09:51:21 »

Power will try and say all the right things about rebuilding and massive changes to appease the disappearing fan base then cobble together a squad of misfits less than two weeks before the start of the season.
That's amazingly optimistic. Power, Sherwood and wiiams cobbling a team together by end of September when the loan window closes is more realistic. By which time we're in catch up and gates have gone.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 10:15:55 »

The cheer when the tannoy woman said the players wouldn't be coming back out on the pitch spoke volumes. Personally I'd like a guarantee that that applies permanently for most of them.
Summed it up superbly  Clap

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 10:16:13 »

you just have to keep going, hope that it stays cyclic and we'll one day be good again.

but everyone has a breaking point.

I'd still like to see the 83/84 retro shirt come back.

That season there was a very real concern about the future of the club as gates plummeted and a general sense of apathy prevailed amongst the 3,000 hardcore.

By the end of that lowest ever finish season, we were getting gates of <2000.

The club is presently in a far worse state than then however. Power has some difficult decisions to make.

Luke should be clearing his desk in the morning, out of the club altogether, he has no good will with the fans. Had he resigned he'd have at least kept his dignity.

The subject of replacement though is extremely difficult, we know it will be a cheap option. We know it will have to a coach, willing to put up with Power, so it very much limits the field.  In 83/84 we signed Dave Hockaday.... in the circumstances, he might be an option for trying to keep us up.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 10:26:56 »

So,despite many of the best players in the world now playing in the premier league, the standard of league one has gone down? Utter bollocks.
Yes definitely,  and so have we.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 11:33:32 »

Some good posts on here and I wonder if Mr. Power ever reads them or is really bothered about what we think. I turned the radio off on the way home as could not stand listening anymore to the interview with Luke Williams and missed Mr Powers' "acceptance" of the total fiasco this season has turned out to be.

It does all rest with Mr. Power as he is the Chairman and the buck stops with him, but his wearing of the two hats, one the financial guru and the second as the ex-professional player who knows how to "spot a player" has patently not worked. Financially, we are in a far better place than we were apparently, which is great, player wise we are in a dire situation of his making. This all points to his meddling in the transfer/loan system failing drastically and surely cannot be the parameters for next season as a team that does not work hard and is prepared to compete for every ball in Divvy 4 will see us in serious trouble.

I renewed my season ticket in the hopeful wish we would get out of the mire and wonder whether I was being rather naïve, I want to be proved wrong.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 11:47:17 »

I'm surprised by how little I'm annoyed/bothered by this. Disappointed but almost apathetic about it which is the biggest concern for the future of the club - happy clappers or doom mongers, at least the passion is still there. It's vanished for many.

I don't support Power, I recognise the work he has done to keep the club on an even keel but this has been outweighed by countless atrocious decisions, not lest keeping Williams at the club and trying to con the fanbase with the 'appointment' of Sherwood. I realise there is no viable alternative so I can only hope that Power accepts that we need to get out of L2 at the first time of asking and acts accordingly. I doubt this will happen.

I'll probably attend fewer Swindon games next season and become a footballing nomad whilst I have a number of clubs on my doorstep. Football really is not important, I'd prefer to attend a game as a neutral than spend 90 minutes seething with rage. Life's too short.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 12:10:06 »

i thought I'd be the same as sonic, i thought I'd accepted it and relagation would be a blessed relief in a way because it was inevitable.

But I'm still angry and hurt. And looking at the teams in Division 4 has made it worse.

At best, unlikely as it is, we go up next season. That's another wasted year... Best case scenario. The worst case I'm blotting out..
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 12:21:46 »

I fully expect we will try and get a couple of loan players next year, but they are likely to be late.

The key thing is surely to get the majority of the squad together for pre season, and that means our players.

The problem is I don't see it happening unless Power has a complete change of approach
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 12:25:08 »

For me, in terms of footballing quality this team not nearly as bad as the dreadful two seasons under Trollope and Beamish.  I believe that it is, however, the most soulless, boring and utterly dispiriting team we have had since I started watching in '73.

In the same vein, I don't see how people can maintain that the club is in its worst ever state.  Unless there is some financial black hole that we don't know about then the club has been in a far worse position on more than one occasion.  But there is a case for saying that the direction in which we are heading is as bad as it has ever been.  As has been said earlier in this thread, will Power's fine words be followed by inaction over the summer and then once again a patched-up assortment of young loanees with no nucleus of experienced professionals to support them is thrown together in the last few weeks of pre-season and then tossed to Williams to manage?

I've renewed my season ticket for sentimental/loyalty reasons.  I wonder if I will come to more than the 6 games I could be bothered to attend this season.  Apart from the beers beforehand, I didn't enjoy one of them.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #190 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 12:31:40 »

Sherwood on Goals on Sunday basically blaming the players and the council for the mess we are in, taking no responsibility whatsoever. Shrugged his shoulders when asked if he was staying, and said 'it wasnt a job, i was there for four weeks to put some deals together'

Bottler
This would contradict power who said he'd see what time wanted to do for next season. I don't believe a word either of those cunts say. For 4 weeks casual work there was certainly a big fanfare about it and the deals he did other than once were shite.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 13:01:50 »

When we are top of Div4, let's see what people's thoughts are then...

All this will be forgotten.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 13:24:06 »

Jan Aage Fjortoft‏Verified account @JanAageFjortoft · 5h5 hours ago 
It's a disgrace how Swindon Town have been run this season. So disrespectful to the great fans of the club. Arrogance and lack of knowledge

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 13:48:08 »

Quote from: Sippo
When we are top of Div4, let's see what people's thoughts are then...

All this will be forgotten.
of course it will, because Power will have had to change his
approach for that to happen
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 14:24:00 »

That's bollocks. It may well be one of the worst teams ever, but to say the club as a whole is the worst run ever just demonstrates a total lack of perspective. It's been far worse run than this in the last few years, never mind ever.

No  Not bollocks,what is the club worth now?we're stuck with this one man show.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: