Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Notts County Away  (Read 12676 times)
lambourn red

« on: Monday, December 8, 2014, 10:57:22 »

I am working just North of Leicester at the moment and got a good tip from the locals for Saturday as parking and traffic will be a nightmare due to Xmas shopping plus roadworks on the A453 coming into the city.

The locals said park at East Midland Parkway(just off M1) and get the train to Nottingham it is a 10 minute journey £4 for adults £2 for U15 then the station is 10 minute walk to the ground which will beat the mass exodus from the shops at around full time.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 8, 2014, 11:51:05 »

I'll be training it over from Leicester, then into the Fellows Morton to drink until I can face watching us lose at Meadow Lane again.  Of course, if we're were to win, it'd say an awful lot about our season.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 8, 2014, 11:53:37 »

I'll be training it over from Leicester, then into the Fellows Morton to drink until I can face watching us lose at Meadow Lane again.  Of course, if we're were to win, it'd say an awful lot about our season.

When was the last time we even scored there if ever?

EDIT: 2006 was the last time we scored there. http://www.11v11.com/teams/swindon-town/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Notts%20County

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 8, 2014, 12:09:54 »

When was the last time we even scored there if ever?

EDIT: 2006 was the last time we scored there. http://www.11v11.com/teams/swindon-town/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Notts%20County

I have seen the odd win at Notts....very difficult game to call, their success this season is based on an undefeated away record, at home they're not so good.  However Derry showed at the end of last season, that he'll put out a side who'll try and kick us off the park, and look for cards.

We're definitely a bit better this season at handling that, but are still a bit prone to players getting involved in handbags.

May well be a matter of who the wanker in the black is.  We kind of looked at November as the month of playing contenders, with the idea that December is a bit kinder....but Notts are definitely better than Posh.

I'd imagine that Cooper's MotM, will tilt the balance firmly in Notts favour with Ronan Murray, applying the almost inevitable coup de grace
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 8, 2014, 12:19:38 »

County do have a JPT game on Tuesday away at Doncaster which may tire them out before Sturday whereas we are fresh from 14 days without a game....or they could be fresh and bouyed from reaching the JPT Semi Finals and we are jaded and out of match practice.

Either way we rarely get results up there and a win would signal that we are indeed a genuine promotion contender.

We have only won there 5 times in 29 games, so not a good record at all with only 3 of those wins coming in the last 50 years.

Interestingly the last 3 times we have won there we have finished in a play off or higher position.

We won there in 2003-04 we went on to finish in a play off spot in L1, in 1995-96 we won the championship of L1, in 1986-87 we won the play offs from L1.

Could be a good omen if we win.
« Last Edit: Monday, December 8, 2014, 12:26:48 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 8, 2014, 12:30:42 »

I was at all 3 of those....not going Saturday.

The thing about mid season breaks, is that the benefit is supposedly felt later on in the season, rather than as you might expect the first game back.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 8, 2014, 12:33:00 »

I'm sure we won there in 94-95 under Gorman too. Vaguely remember we went top after winning and pretty sure everybody's favourite Joey Beuchamp either scored or set up the winning goal. Sadly that win didn't lead to too much end of season celebration since we ended up being relegated agian come May.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Peter Venkman

« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 8, 2014, 12:35:06 »

The thing about mid season breaks, is that the benefit is supposedly felt later on in the season, rather than as you might expect the first game back.
We did have 11 days off prior to the Yokels game earlier in the season, we started out looked very jaded in that match and didnt look lively until the 50th minute or so of the game.

I have never been to Meadow Lane and on Saturday I will not break that record.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #8 on: Monday, December 8, 2014, 12:38:40 »

I'm sure we won there in 94-95 under Gorman too. Vaguely remember we went top after winning and pretty sure everybody's favourite Joey Beuchamp either scored or set up the winning goal. Sadly that win didn't lead to too much end of season celebration since we ended up being relegated agian come May.
Yeah my mistake it was Fjortoft scored in 94....making my last post pointless Cheesy

kerry red

« Reply #9 on: Monday, December 8, 2014, 13:47:27 »

I seem to remember our record at Posh wasn't so great either.

Put that one to bed
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, December 8, 2014, 14:32:38 »

Historical records which are either positive or negative are nothing more than coincidence generally.

What we did at Notts County or anywhere else during 80's, 90's, etc will have zero effect on the players on Saturday
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, December 8, 2014, 14:42:44 »

Historical records which are either positive or negative are nothing more than coincidence generally.

What we did at Notts County or anywhere else during 80's, 90's, etc will have zero effect on the players on Saturday

Tell that to Mourinho every time he goes to St James' park :'D

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Peter Venkman

« Reply #12 on: Monday, December 8, 2014, 14:56:18 »

This is true....but all I will say is Cheltenham.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, December 8, 2014, 15:09:42 »

This is not true....but all I will say is Cheltenham.

I'm in no doubt, that Cheltnumb's record leading into and after the cup game of P6 W0 D1 L5 F3 A15, shows not coincidence, but the malign work of some localised spawn of Beelzebub, whose influence spreads down the A40 to the Kassam Stadium.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #14 on: Monday, December 8, 2014, 15:27:35 »

I like going to Meadow Lane - despite recent results - and to the city centre pubs.  Will be 'training' it again on Saturday.  At least County will not have that ass-hole Grealish on loan from Aston Villa diving, cheating and winding people up this time.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: