Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: There's more to life than Bart and being a miserable cunt  (Read 2538 times)
Barry Scott

« on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 11:24:23 »

With all this speculation going on i can't help feel most of us are going to feel a touch down.

Personally i'm always positive, but for once have to conceed that Wise looks to be on his way.

Oh well, life goes on. Seriously, sometimes shit is so out of your control you're best shrugging your shoulders and avioding the issue.

I don't mean burying your head in the sand, i mean getting involved with the negative end of debates only lowers your own mood, the team need a positive fan base.

We have to look to the positives at times like this and try not to be too down. If we are down and we can bring others down with us, just look at Bart, he regularly lowers the tone.

We have got to focus on the good things. We have a good squad, a squad which is fit, a squad with great spirit and good strength in depth.

Our squad is more than capable of getting out of this division, and i feel an average manager, with decent interpersonal skills could take on what Wise leaves and build upon it.

I refuse to believe Wise leaving is going to kill us. I refuse to accept that this could damage our promotion push.

We will get compensation, we will lower the wage bill and WE WILL get a competent manager who will get us promoted. This season will still be good whether Wise goes or not.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 11:42:28 »

you are wrong.

Our squad is only good, fit with a great spirit because of Dennis Wise

Without him we are fucked....no promotion, no bonuses to pay...that what we wanted all along isnt it :roll:
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 11:45:29 »

I agree with you Barry, I have said elsewhere that we have a squad of players who are decent for this level. They are reasonably fit and well organized. Any half decent manager should be able to get us up.

To say we are fucked without Wise is ridiculous - FACT!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 11:48:49 »

we had a squad that should have been good enough to stay up last season but we didnt because we didnt have a manager with a clue...
fatbury

« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 11:57:00 »

I agree with DV .. I also think that noone will work with our current board
Piemonte

« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 12:06:09 »

Barry and OST - 100% agree.

We are third. other clubs seem to have been able to find competant managers - whisper it quietly - there are 2 clubs with lower profile managers above us. Dennis Wise is not the only compentant manager at this level. He is not god. He has faults.

All is not lost. Some of you need to get a grip.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 12:07:20 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"

We are third. other clubs seem to have been able to find competant managers - whisper it quietly - there are 2 clubs with lower profile managers above us. Dennis Wise is not the only compentant manager at this level. He is not god. He has faults.

...and do we have a compentant manager waiting in the wings? because we sure as hell arent going to bring anyone in
Piemonte

« Reply #7 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 12:14:24 »

Time will tell.

After the wave of optimisim that came with DW & GP even this board will not be foolish enough to go for the cheap option. They've tried it before and it didnt work. They know the fans will go apeshit (myself included)

They have a few hendred grand coming in as compo - We will appoint an manager externally - mark my words.

I'm going to regret that Cheesy
fatbury

« Reply #8 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 12:14:42 »

Piemonte are you Mike D in disguise? Tongue
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 12:16:03 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"

Short term I agree.  The club is set-up football wise now that any half decent person should be able to squeeze the results out.  The question would be, given the prospect of us having to employ someone in the Iffy ilk (750k overspend will not vanish overnight) how long can we expect it to last?  I'd think we could still push for promotion, but how long beyond that given the clubs set-up is questionable.
fatbury

« Reply #10 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 12:17:13 »

I cant see it .. Wise goes .. the club goes downhill as a result of too much unrest .. players supporters etc etc .. added to the fact we have a massive injury list including top keeper Brez
McLovin

« Reply #11 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 13:13:51 »

We'll be fine if we get a replacement with an ounce of managerial nouse. Whether we manage to do that is another thing though.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 13:31:32 »

" Always look on the bright side of life."  (de dum etc)  15 League games ago, we were relegated, had apparently mostly unfit poor players, a failed manager, and no money. Doom-mongers like me predicted free-fall down to the Conference.
Now, we have fit better trained and performing players, (new and old,) we are 3rd in the League, have a successful manager, we are very hard to beat, and most of the football is better to watch than last season's rubbish with it's regular mistakes. We're hard up, but we're not the only ones.
It would take a really awful manager to take us down to the standard of last year
I have brainwashed myself with absurd optimism.  :x

ust be the oldest
DMR

« Reply #13 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 17:01:37 »

we're not fucked without him but it's a huge loss

FUCK
fatbury

« Reply #14 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 18:13:59 »

yeah but i paid out for a season ticket I could barely afford expecting to see Dennis Wise as manager ... not some low quality replacement .. also not sure where my money is really going .. to the club or those Dunwoody crooks
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: