Pages: 1 ... 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 ... 344   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1206461 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4185 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2020, 16:30:12 »

Fuck me. Another one.

Do you remember the Victor Mature character in Viz?  Cheesy
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4186 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2020, 17:11:55 »

yup. Mrs meldrew
She was the highlight of the 2nd series, I just truly dont get the "shrink" character at all, pointless IMO and just an excuse to use "building site" humour, I thought Gervais was better than that judging by the rest of the series.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4187 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2020, 17:24:56 »

Do you remember the Victor Mature character in Viz?  Cheesy

I've missed about 10 editions since issue 15. Hence the avatar. Mickey's Monkey Spunk Moped must be due a new story by now
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4188 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2020, 17:29:49 »

I've missed about 10 editions since issue 15. Hence the avatar. Mickey's Monkey Spunk Moped must be due a new story by now

I've got edition 8 to 18 I'm the loft  Smiley
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4189 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2020, 17:33:01 »

She was the highlight of the 2nd series, I just truly dont get the "shrink" character at all, pointless IMO and just an excuse to use "building site" humour, I thought Gervais was better than that judging by the rest of the series.
Very cringey.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4190 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2020, 17:41:40 »

Very cringey.
It really was, although we all know people like that in real life it is not good TV.

The rest of the series though....10/10.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4191 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2020, 21:49:24 »

Just watched Bob Monkhouse: The Last Stand on BBC4 brought tears to my eyes, what a genius he was.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #4192 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2020, 23:45:18 »

Watched the second series of After Life this evening.

I would echo previous comments regarding the Paul Kaye character.

Also (and I suspect that I am in a minority) I enjoyed series 1 a lot more than this one. It left me feeling a bit meh.

Nothing to see here
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #4193 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 07:25:52 »

I was really looking forward to the second series of After Life but was also hugely disappointed.

The psychologist was beyond ridiculous. As soon as those scenes started, I wanted them to be over.

I am also a huge supporter of bad language but certain words can be heavily overused.

I thought series 1 was outstanding but I get the impression that.writers of certain shows (this and Gavin & Stacey for example) forgot what made them good in the first place and they no longer made the effort. I was once told by a colleague of Rory Bremner (jokingly I might add) that if Rory blows his nose, they should make a series about it. My point is that some people, Ricky Gervais and James Corden for example, don't always seem to put the effort in that they should and take their popularity a little for granted.

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4194 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 07:40:37 »

Also (and I suspect that I am in a minority) I enjoyed series 1 a lot more than this one. It left me feeling a bit meh.
I preferred the first series too TBH but still enjoyed the new one.

mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #4195 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 09:53:02 »

My point is that some people, Ricky Gervais and James Corden for example, don't always seem to put the effort in that they should

Afterlife was written, directed, produced and starred Ricky Gervais?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #4196 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 10:11:09 »

And i think that's why i was not too fussed about watching it. I loved the Office, but anything after that, (Extra's, Derek, etc) i found really cringe and unwatchable.

Yes it had it's flaws, as mentioned, but there was something beautifully somber about Afterlife.  I've struggled with my mental health recently and i could really sympathies with both Tony and later on Matt. Its hard to explain, but it almost helped me realise that i don't want to end up like Tony.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4197 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 10:18:12 »

And i think that's why i was not too fussed about watching it. I loved the Office, but anything after that, (Extra's, Derek, etc) i found really cringe and unwatchable.

Yes it had it's flaws, as mentioned, but there was something beautifully somber about Afterlife.  I've struggled with my mental health recently and i could really sympathies with both Tony and later on Matt. Its hard to explain, but it almost helped me realise that i don't want to end up like Tony.
This.

mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #4198 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 10:21:41 »

Extras is superb!

Derek wasn't really a comedy, more a drama/social commentary with a little comedy added. Watching the series it was clear to me that Gervais has extensive experience of a care home setting, and the purpose of the series was I think mostly to highlight what wonderful places they are, and what wonderful people work in them. Overall it was much more sombre and poignant than anything he had done before. That said I find the main character far too fictional and a bit annoying.
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #4199 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 10:50:47 »

I used the James Corden example because I was a bit disappointed with the Christmas edition of Gavin & Stacey.

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 ... 344   Go Up
Print
Jump to: