Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wembley on the train  (Read 42869 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Monday, February 20, 2012, 18:48:57 »

I'm planning to drive the family as far as Kensington and use the free all day parking by the museums, then hop on the underground to Wembley. Can anyone point me in the right direction which station is best to get off and the best route from Kensington Station? Also does anyone know if we have been allocated pubs again? Quite enjoyed The Green Man last time.

There's a number of ways you could go, depending where you start. From South Kensington station I'd probably go for Picadilly Line to Green Park, Jubilee Line to Baker Street, then Metropolitan Line to Wembley Park.

From High Street Kensington it's a bit more complicated, especially if you want to avoid Paddington with all those 'orrible football fans! Maybe change to Central at Notting Hill Gate, then to Jubilee at Bond Street, and get on the Metropolitan Line at Baker Street.

Alternatively, you could just park somewhere further north in central for free and make the journey easier. Single yellow lines in Westminster are free all day on a Sunday, you just have to find somewhere to park.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 20:23:52 »

Heard on Wilts radio earlier that the club has arranged with FGW to put on five extra trains from Swindon to Paddington. Would of thought the advertiser would of had something on their site about it by now though, anyone else hear this ?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 20:29:14 »

Heard on Wilts radio earlier that the club has arranged with FGW to put on five extra trains from Swindon to Paddington. Would of thought the advertiser would of had something on their site about it by now though, anyone else hear this ?

It's in today's paper...

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/9547700.Extra_trains_laid_on_for_Wembley_trip/

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 20:29:53 »

There's a number of ways you could go, depending where you start. From South Kensington station I'd probably go for Picadilly Line to Green Park, Jubilee Line to Baker Street, then Metropolitan Line to Wembley Park.

From High Street Kensington it's a bit more complicated, especially if you want to avoid Paddington with all those 'orrible football fans! Maybe change to Central at Notting Hill Gate, then to Jubilee at Bond Street, and get on the Metropolitan Line at Baker Street.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, you mean the Jubilee and not the Met.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 20:33:52 »

Cheers for that, I thought I heard them mention it on the radio but wasn't sure.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 21:26:01 »

Three trains up to Paddington but only two back!!  And no special deals on the fares either - crap way to run a railway!!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #171 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 21:27:53 »

Supply and demand. If it was too expensive use alternative transport and they would soon have to lower their prices.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 21:30:40 »

so what's the best deal people have got for trains, looking to book 4 train tickets tomorrow...any ideas? (the normal saver route I use has been taken off!)

#VivaKenBarlow!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 22:26:58 »

Unless I'm very much mistaken, you mean the Jubilee and not the Met.

You can take the Jubilee line, but it goes the same way and stops 300 times more.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 23:20:27 »

Battersea -  Queenstown road to Wembley? QTR overground to Waterloo and then Jubilee to Wembley Park? Any London people care to tell me how long that would take?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 08:33:03 »

Battersea -  Queenstown road to Wembley? QTR overground to Waterloo and then Jubilee to Wembley Park? Any London people care to tell me how long that would take?

Gor blimey guvnor that'll take ya facing ages.....

Clems Army!
ChinaWhitenRed

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 11:05:49 »

Apparently our Club are meeting today with FGW to discuss having a special put on for the 25th.
Can anybody remember the special trains from the 70's and 80's? Those carriages with compartments for 8 people with sliding doors out of a Noel Coward film, 28mph maximum speed, pissing out the windows, bunking off work for the day, old bill at every station (Wrexham), losing your entrance money playing cards with some fuckin card sharks, proper smoking carriages (when hash was from Lebanon or Morroco not some brain curdling skunk), Heysel style herding when arriving at destination (Swansea, Reading,Aldershot), bricks through the windows on the way back (Portsmouth), train not even good enough for FGW after the wrecking spree had ensued on the return.....aaaah those were the days!!!!!

Change must come through the barrel of a gun
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 11:18:53 »

45mins to an hour
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 11:29:38 »

The TfL Journey Planner is what you need.  Suggests a few alternative routes as well, but your route via Waterloo sounds the simplest.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 11:48:19 »

I have been trying to get a cheaper deal on the train (3 of us going from Chip'nam station to Padders - 2 adults 1 concession) and the cheapest I can get is £116 return. When I went to the Wall game in 2010 I got four adult tickets for about £88.  Huh? Am I using the Trainline website incorrectly?  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: