Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wembley on the train  (Read 42865 times)
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 13:22:17 »

Just looked on the First Great western Website, they've stopped them from Swindon, Didcot Parkway, Chippenham, Kemble and Stroud. Knew they would, they can make more money by making fans pay full price.

Bicester probably not affected as they probably don't realise Swindon fans might come from that direction

That looks to be about right Gazza if you go Swindon - Bicester North - Wembley, looking at network rail online they are operating groupsavers at the moment,I doubt that will last long tho.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #61 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 13:36:28 »

I reckon Swindon>Maidenhead>Paddington looks a good bet.

EDIT: Though just looked at the times and cost and it shoots down my theory
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 14:30:53 »

What a bunch of cunts. How much is a group saver from Gloucester or Cheltenham per person? You could just get on at Swindon anyway as you would have to change there if you were coming from one of the above.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 14:33:03 »

That's travelling short and it's not allowed. If caught you will be made to pay a penalty fare.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 14:34:20 »

That's travelling short and it's not allowed. If caught you will be made to pay a penalty fare.

Oh right cheers Sam didn't realise that.
Dozno9

« Reply #65 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 14:39:09 »

What is the best tube station? Wembley central is on the bakerloo direct from Paddington or Wembley Park is on the Metropolitan with a change at Baker Street.
STFC_Gazza

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 14:41:53 »

Had a look on the trainline website, they've put a block on sales from Gloucester as well.

The annoying thing is they advertise Wembley as a Public Transport venue, then when there's an event on remove discount tickets from sale and come up with the excuse that it's due to overcrowding.

got nothing to do with overcrowding everything to do with cashing in

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 14:43:58 »

If you are taking kids get a friends and family railcard as you save money. Or do what i do and say you have a card when you book and save money Wink
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 14:51:39 »

What is the best tube station? Wembley central is on the bakerloo direct from Paddington or Wembley Park is on the Metropolitan with a change at Baker Street.
Wembley Park everytime, although I would consider the Chiltern Railways service from Marlebone direct to Wembley Stadium.  It is a bit more convenient and well organised after the game.
Dozno9

« Reply #69 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 14:52:49 »

Had a look on the trainline website, they've put a block on sales from Gloucester as well.

The annoying thing is they advertise Wembley as a Public Transport venue, then when there's an event on remove discount tickets from sale and come up with the excuse that it's due to overcrowding.

Totally agree and it's out of order really. I wonder if they'll do the same when the Olympics are on.
Dozno9

« Reply #70 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 14:54:01 »

Wembley Park everytime, although I would consider the Chiltern Railways service from Marlebone direct to Wembley Stadium.  It is a bit more convenient and well organised after the game.

Cheers, I've always driven but this time I fancy a drink  Pint Pint Pint
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 15:14:51 »

One thing to watch out for those travelling on London Transport, some lines are occasionally shut for the whole weekend for engineering works, don't know whether anybody will be affected by this if LT decide to do major works on the lines.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 15:20:02 »

It's no different from holiday companies charging extra during school holidays though is it ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
STFC_Gazza

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 15:30:40 »

It's no different from holiday companies charging extra during school holidays though is it ?

True but then again I expect that annoys parents, but train fares are more expensive at Peak times (before 9am weekdays) but passengers are aware of this in advance.

This is moving the goalposts due to a one off event; one minute they advertise a cheap fare, next minute it's gone.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 15:40:10 »

True but then again I expect that annoys parents, but train fares are more expensive at Peak times (before 9am weekdays) but passengers are aware of this in advance.

This is moving the goalposts due to a one off event; one minute they advertise a cheap fare, next minute it's gone.
Agree with Gazza on this one, be interesting to hear Bart's opinion!!  He does have an opinion I believe.  Incidentally, I notice there is already a block on cheap tickets from the Bristol area to Swindon when the Slave Traders come to Town.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: