Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pook  (Read 1684 times)
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 16:33:53 »

Easy, I know one of Brian Howard's best mates thourgh uni.  I'm well chuffed  Cool

I'm quite a big fan of Pook actually.  To say he isn't the most technically gifted for me is off the mark - does anyone remember the two curling 25 yard strikers against Crawley in preseason?  He reminds me a lot of Ian Herring, which is probably a bad thing, with his commitment and willingness to run, and right now I'd happily have him in the team.  I certainly think he's capable to be a league player as long as he has the right attitude and develops his passing in particular.
Spencer_White

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 17:52:56 »

Goal against Wcombe was nice n all.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 17:56:35 »

at least the efforts there from Pook! others (with the exception of Fallon) just cannot be bothered to put in the effort
SwindonFan

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 19:47:27 »

Well wiv Howard in our team we was never in this position!!
He also gave us quality from Set Pieces
normy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 20:22:59 »

Pook should be compared with Hoolit IMO, who was alleged to be a hard working and tackling midfielder who broke up play and allowed others with greater skill to express themselves. As replacement, Pook is better in the air, works even harder, passing is equally poor as yet, but he has the capability of scoring a few, unlike Hoolit.
As others say, he has had poor support from Whalley particularly, and even Migz at times in the middle, and not one of the wing midfielders tried have contributed for the whole game, for various reasons.
So what do you all expect from a youngster? Like to see more evidence of "heavy drinking and dissolute life style" , perhaps some of the other lazy gits could follow his example and run for the whole game.

ust be the oldest
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 20:27:17 »

I think he's overrated. Saying that he is very young and has time. Still he won't amount to anything higher than third tier football.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: