Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Some of our players....  (Read 2419 times)
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« on: Saturday, October 1, 2005, 17:01:20 »

Are really shit aint they........Cureton is so bad its unbelieveble how he managed to score so many goals a few seasons back, Thorpe is just shite, Whalley isnt as good as what he used to be, Collins is a waste of a loan and Nicolau isnt anythin special and Howard was proberly better than him......
On the bright side, Fallon is ace, Migz is ace when hes fully fit, O'Hanlon is good and Smith is good but thats about it.

We are in desperate need of a striker who can actually compete against league 1 defenders like Fallon can.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 1, 2005, 17:04:44 »

I really thought Cureton and Thorpe had a fair few goals each in them this season. I still think there may be but I hope they hurry up as I bet they are two of the higher wage earners.

Thank God for Rory, he's going to get a decent total this season. Unfortunately I think he's out of contract in the summer. Crying
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, October 1, 2005, 17:06:19 »

im really dissapointed with Cureton and Thorpe after all the hype. I think a few of the younger players like Shakes and Nicolau are good but have lost all their confidence. if we ever get back to winning ways they both improve and hopefully the two forwards will score goals two
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, October 1, 2005, 17:07:28 »

It doesn't help that it's such a young squad of players out on the pitch at the moment.

We need players back out there like Jenkins who's got experience and can gee them up etc.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, October 1, 2005, 17:09:11 »

Quote from: "Bedford Red"
I really thought Cureton and Thorpe had a fair few goals each in them

I've got to say on paper those two should always score... But alas...

We've got a bunch of players who couldn't give a damn about Swindon Town Football Club, with exception to only a few... And they've been with us the longest.

It's not looking great.
Spencer_White

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, October 1, 2005, 19:34:47 »

I wanted to like Cureton, but I cant make excuses for him anymore. He's total crap. Thorpe is at least improving as is Smith who impressed today. Collins was better today, but loans are useless to us now. We need people who will fight for the club, which brings me on nicely to Heath who is so mediocre its unbelievable hes on the books of United as has been said before.

Shakes tried his heart out. Jumping above the keepers arms was a good effort, even if he did almost break his back on impact. Nicolau will impress given the chance, but looks a bit of a luxury player which we can ill afford.

Our failure to sign a midfield dynamo in the summer has gone from an issue to a major disaster. Every one of us knew what was needed but King spent the budget on luxury players.
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, October 1, 2005, 19:48:37 »

Quote from: "Bedford Red"
It doesn't help that it's such a young squad of players out on the pitch at the moment.

We need players back out there like Jenkins who's got experience and can gee them up etc.

good point. i think people like jenkins & migz are gonna be key to helping the others push on when the going gets tough. its just a shame that all of our experienced players are injured or suspended or shit (whalley!) at the moment.

it showed a bit today after we conceaded the 1st goal. they all let their heads drop & no one was there to encourage them.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, October 1, 2005, 19:50:38 »

O'Hanlon is too young to be Captain.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
alex

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, October 1, 2005, 20:08:15 »

One of the most dissapointing things about Thorpe and Cureton for me is the fact that they came to the club with the description of "finishers". Neither are big and neither are lightening quick so to score that many goals in their careers, I guessed that when either of them saw the goal, they would hit the target and score more times than not. However, it seems that they cannot even hit a penalty towards the corner of the goal from 10yards out. What kind of finisher cannot stick the ball away from that range?

We all know that Cureton and Thorpe have scored lots of goals in the past, so why the hell have they only managed one goal between then all season? Its pathetic.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, October 1, 2005, 20:13:06 »

Quote from: "alex"
One of the most dissapointing things about Thorpe and Cureton for me is the fact that they came to the club with the description of "finishers". Neither are big and neither are lightening quick so to score that many goals in their careers, I guessed that when either of them saw the goal, they would hit the target and score more times than not. However, it seems that they cannot even hit a penalty towards the corner of the goal from 10yards out. What kind of finisher cannot stick the ball away from that range?

We all know that Cureton and Thorpe have scored lots of goals in the past, so why the hell have they only managed one goal between then all season? Its pathetic.

Without wanting to say I told you so....I told you so....if I was Iffy I'd go for a left field punt and play Ricky Shakes up front with Fallon.

Shakes has pace and that can cause problems, he's not going to score less than the two bottlers and he's no delivery from out wide.....saw him score a couple for the reserves one on one and he had a bit of composure...nothing to lose really.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, October 1, 2005, 20:14:27 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Without wanting to say I told you so....I told you so....if I was Iffy I'd go for a left field punt and play Ricky Shakes up front with Fallon.

Shakes has pace and that can cause problems, he's not going to score less than the two bottlers and he's no delivery from out wide.....saw him score a couple for the reserves one on one and he had a bit of composure...nothing to lose really.

Is that not the job Christian Roberts should really be doing?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, October 1, 2005, 20:17:21 »

Quote from: "DV85"

Said it before the Chavmeister is a goner....not sure what's in his head but its not football....don't expect him to be here much longer.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, October 1, 2005, 20:21:19 »

Quote from: "DV85"

Said it before the Chavmeister is a goner....not sure what's in his head but its not football....don't expect him to be here much longer.

He looked really up for it Doncaster and made a good impact, was certain he was going to start today. Then he isnt even in the squad. I really hope now King has gones, he wants to play again.

I still have faith in Roberts, I have no idea why he isnt starting games.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, October 1, 2005, 20:51:28 »

Agree Reg, lets try Shakes up front. His pace could be telling and as you say he can't be any more dissapointing there than Thorpe and Cureton have been.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, October 1, 2005, 20:56:14 »

Quote from: "Barnard"
Agree Reg, lets try Shakes up front. His pace could be telling and as you say he can't be any more dissapointing there than Thorpe and Cureton have been.

Again, before we try Shakes as a striker, is it not worth giving Roberts a few games up front?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: