Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Andy Nicholas  (Read 2402 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 09:25:03 »

Yeah, it's time for yet another Andy Nicholas thread.  

All I wanna say is, personally I thought Nicho looked better on Saturday, he was a bit more composed, a little more like the old Nicho we all liked so much.  So now that Kingy's gone, not sure if there was a problem there or not, I just hope Nicho goes from strength to strength and gets the opportunity to stake a claim for a long run in the first team.

All the best fella.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 09:27:47 »

Hear, hear!

Involved in both our goals on Saturday, has a long throw, looked up for it - I think his time has come.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 09:28:47 »

we've missed than final ball for a long time, hope he starts

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 09:30:50 »

Maybe those who go tonight can give him a warm welcome, think he deserves it.  Nicho, Nicho....
McLovin

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 09:31:16 »

Why did he ever get dropped?
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 09:32:49 »

Why did he ever get dropped?

very good question DB.
Might be because he was injured and missed pre season (last year) so King ignored him. i'm clutching at straws here

le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 09:32:50 »

is nicho out of contract at the end of the season? if he does come in & play well for the rest of the year we could have another grant smith situation on our hands.

to be honest he should have been a regular starter during most of his time here. so much better than duke! if iffy gives him an oppourtunity to stay in the first XI i hope he takes it. likewise christian roberts.
Asher

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 09:35:04 »

You never thought you would hear me say this but he played well on saturday and deserves a chance.

I cant see him staying past May tho
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 09:35:43 »

he was awful preseason, might be something to do with it?

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
McLovin

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 09:38:10 »

He's always been better than Daisy though
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 09:38:31 »

Quote from: "le god cuervo"
is nicho out of contract at the end of the season? if he does come in & play well for the rest of the year we could have another grant smith situation on our hands.

If his contract is up he'll go if he's not playing anyway, so I'd rather he played and played well - if he goes he goes, but at least we'll have got something out of it.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 09:43:20 »

If he played like he did last Saturday every week, he should be one of the first on the teamsheet IMO.

ust be the oldest
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 10:08:01 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
He's always been better than Daisy though

:|

I think my thoughts on Nicho have been documented before in great detail, however he looked good Saturday, finally a decent cross and we have missed his long throw. Thought he looked a bit rusty at stages, but thats more about lack of matches.

He didnt seem to feature under King ever since he lost his driving license for speeding.

Hopefully he will knuckle down and get back to best, or at worst he plays his heart out for a move else where :?
Piemonte

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 10:47:51 »

He was dropped as when he came back from his pre season injury he was utterly crap and seemed disinterested.

Fair play to him though, Saturdays performance was his best since the 03/04 play off season. Keep it up.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 12:11:58 »

Quote from: "DV85"

I think my thoughts on Nicho have been documented before in great detail, however he looked good Saturday, finally a decent cross and we have missed his long throw. Thought he looked a bit rusty at stages, but thats more about lack of matches.

He didnt seem to feature under King ever since he lost his driving license for speeding.
The speeding issue is irrelevant.

His problems with King started soon after he came back from his knee surgery last year. He worked his socks off to get back in record time. King in his wisdom played him 3 games in 9 days and he was knackered at the end of the Walsall game. The consultant went ballistic at King when he realised he'd been played so much so soon causing the knee to be sore again. Nicho took the advice to rest it and declined a selection. King took the hump.

No games. Not match fit/sharp. No selection. Confidence shattered. Catch 22.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: