Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Looking forward to Saturday  (Read 7193 times)
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, October 12, 2012, 18:28:47 »

Even though it is the very epitome of failed, post-War, motor-dependent town planning, I have always been curiously impressed by Coventry's inner ring road.  You see lots of plans from the 1960s that involved wholesale destruction of urban areas so that a well-meaning planner could send 6 lanes of elevated concrete through the back streets...but most (thankfully) never came to pass.  The difference with Coventry is that the Luftwaffe had already taken care of the demolition, and that the road building pipe dream actually became a reality.
Ardiles i went to Warwick Uni, at the time  of the Specials, if it wasn't for  their shitte city, how else would they have been inspired to write some classic music
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, October 12, 2012, 18:32:14 »

What gets me is that they flattened Coventry, and we flattened Dresden.  Here are a few pics from Coventry and from Dresden.  Who do you think did the better rebuilding job?

I like Coventry...a place that gave the world The Specials has to be OK by me.

I'd be interested if you could find out who paid for the rebuilds....post war, Britain was essentially bankrupt, you'd have thought the Hun would have been also.

The UK and the US paid for the rebuild, i think some football teams in Germany were erased due to their links between 1933-1945 not sure of their names

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, October 12, 2012, 18:37:47 »

I am taking one of the 698.

Now, where's that 'cool story bro' pic.
I am taking one of them as well - when he got his ticket at the Ricoh they had only asked for 500!!!
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, October 12, 2012, 18:41:31 »

i am of the view they will bring 1500
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, October 12, 2012, 19:16:14 »

Ardiles i went to Warwick Uni, at the time  of the Specials, if it wasn't for  their shitte city, how else would they have been inspired to write some classic music

There is that!

I haven't got a downer on Coventry, by the way.  Any city that owes its existence to a topless woman on a horse is OK with me.
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, October 12, 2012, 20:19:16 »

There is that!

I haven't got a downer on Coventry, by the way.  Any city that owes its existence to a topless woman on a horse is OK with me.
I agree by the way she was naked
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, October 12, 2012, 20:59:37 »

Ah top thread so. Taking rellies from NZ to the game tomorrow and not sure where to take them pre game as driving (would have been gluey on the train), so its CGH or legends, question is I read somewhere they were going to make legends ST holders entry only, have they? As i havent been in there since the Vale game
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, October 12, 2012, 21:39:17 »

Ah top thread so. Taking rellies from NZ to the game tomorrow and not sure where to take them pre game as driving (would have been gluey on the train), so its CGH or legends, question is I read somewhere they were going to make legends ST holders entry only, have they? As i havent been in there since the Vale game

You'll be missed...
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, October 12, 2012, 21:40:15 »

Fuck me, I'm excited now.  My train leaves in 12 hours.   Cheesy
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, October 12, 2012, 21:52:05 »

The Coventry faithful seem quite sure of an away win.

I am going in the home and away dressing rooms about noon, sabotage could be the way forward
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, October 12, 2012, 22:00:27 »

No they havent made it season ticket holders only

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, October 12, 2012, 22:07:31 »

Coventry was the home of the eclipse. For that alone it deserves respect.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, October 12, 2012, 23:05:17 »

So did I! 79-82
Saw the Specials at Tiffanys.
Only ventured to Highfield Road once during my time there though.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, October 12, 2012, 23:16:39 »

No they havent made it season ticket holders only

Cheers, hopefully I'll get to slap that big girl ardiles for his wet answer Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: