Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Oldham Official Matchday Thread  (Read 41159 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 18:06:13 »

I cringed on the way in when I heard flappy Pippy was playing last night as the gross mouthy bitch that sits in front on me HATES him! So imagine my delight when I arrived and she wasn't there!
By the end of the match though everyone around us was more than making up for that hate!!
I'm sure Berniman will back me up on this!! 

I'm sure you were delighted, you had the seat to yourself.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 18:25:43 »

Marshall didn't do anything wrong last night with some good touches linking up play.  Macklin certainly didn't do anything to write home about when he came on at the weekend so I'm yet to form an opinion about him based on 20 mins.  Marshall could be a decent player to bring on with 15 mins to go to run at players, make them work etc. and didn't seem afraid to get stuck in.

If I'm being honest, I can understand some the negativity about Smith.  It would worry me for example confidence wise if Lucas had been injured and he had to play in front of the Leeds fans for a half of football.  Lucas is very confident and I can't imagine him being bothered about any stick/banter, but I can't help thinking Smith may get distracted/slightly nervous.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 18:36:06 »

Its hard as my boyfriend can be a proper negative Nancy sometimes and those guys that sit a bit further down towards the TE way (I was going to say the one that looks like my stepdad - but remembered none of you know what he looks like!) They can be proper shouty and negative too sometimes and they shout so loud the players can hear - Like the JP Mcgovern last season stuff
sometimes I feel embarressed to be there

I didnt know Mouthy crew and green teeth child came from Laanndaan - Oafs they are - sorry I know they are your bezzies!

Not my bezzies believe me!  Grin

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 18:38:49 »

Marshall didn't do anything wrong last night with some good touches linking up play.  Macklin certainly didn't do anything to write home about when he came on at the weekend so I'm yet to form an opinion about him based on 20 mins.  Marshall could be a decent player to bring on with 15 mins to go to run at players, make them work etc. and didn't seem afraid to get stuck in.

If I'm being honest, I can understand some the negativity about Smith.  It would worry me for example confidence wise if Lucas had been injured and he had to play in front of the Leeds fans for a half of football.  Lucas is very confident and I can't imagine him being bothered about any stick/banter, but I can't help thinking Smith may get distracted/slightly nervous.

Especially when it is his own fans giving him the stick, hence my point earlier!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Spencer_White

« Reply #394 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 20:00:29 »

Ward was brilliant last night, my man of the match. Fairplay to Paynter as well. He got the important breakthrough, just had that nonchalonce to take a touch and smash it. Nice one. Oldham were just out to get as many men behind the ball as possible. Usual suspects of star performers from us, top players.

A lot of the fans are clueless though. People constantly whinging about Lescinel and Smith. These are two squad players, they wouldnt be playing if Lucas and Sheehan were fit. How much do fans reaslistically expect the board to pay for squad players??? We do not deserve this team, not by a long way. This team should be playing in front of 10,000 plus every game. Poor attendance and mediocre support last night. Who would have thought we destroyed Leeds a fortnight ago when you look at that crowd?

Only gripe I would have with the team was Pericard when he came on. He didnt look interested and after that 10 minutes Wilson could well sit him aside and tell him he hasnt earned the right to travel to Huddersfield on saturday.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 21:05:27 by Spencer_White » Logged
SWINRICH

« Reply #395 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 20:02:58 »

Smith doesn't look good enough for this level. A good shot-stopper, yes he has improved to an extent this season, but when you look at Lucas you can see the difference between a commanding keeper and one that makes too many mistakes because he can't do the simple things right such as catching crosses, Southend game and yesterday for example, also Lescinel was poor at covering on the second and makes too many mistakes. But great attacking display from the town still after the first 43 minutes. But I do agree with Spencer, Smith and Lescinel are squad players and the whole squad can't be brilliant unless you've got millions to spend.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 20:05:45 by SWINRICH » Logged
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 20:10:46 »

Ward was brilliant last night, my man of the match.

Only gripe I would have with the team was Pericard when he came on. He didnt look interested and after that 10 minutes Wilson could well sit him aside and tell him he hasnt earned the right to travel to Huddersfield on saturday.

You must have got to the game at half time, cos Ward was useless in the first half.

And who exactly would we put on the bench instead of Pericard? We're not exactly overrun with strikers are we.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 20:16:29 »

The stick for Pericard is a little harsh I think. He's casual I wouldn't he was lazy. He's missed a few games injured and he's only getting 10 minutes here and there. It's very hard to get into the right frame of mind when you're in that situation. He was very good against Gillingham and was alright against Leeds.
Spencer_White

« Reply #398 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 20:32:29 »

You must have got to the game at half time, cos Ward was useless in the first half.

And who exactly would we put on the bench instead of Pericard? We're not exactly overrun with strikers are we.

I watched it from the Town End. No one looked particularly great until we scored. Just too many defenders behind the ball. First goals unlock games like these. I dont trust your judgement on Ward anyway, youre the same bloke who thought McNamee did more tracking back.

Macklin missed out on the squad last night, so he could come back in. Pericard did well when he came on against Gillingham, but he was nowhere near the standards weve set last night. Started to wonder if he was injured.
Talk Talk

« Reply #399 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 20:38:58 »

The stick for Pericard is a little harsh I think. He's casual I wouldn't he was lazy. He's missed a few games injured and he's only getting 10 minutes here and there. It's very hard to get into the right frame of mind when you're in that situation. He was very good against Gillingham and was alright against Leeds.

I think Danny knows a thing or three about what Jean-Luc is capable of, otherwise he wouldn't have signed him for 18 months.

Given that Charlie is getting a bit of a bashing and his neck might not just hold up for the rest of the season (although I think Billy is turning out to be Iron Man), I reckon he could be excellent cover.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 20:39:21 »

There is that as well. He's probably only at 80% but because we have no other strikers and Charlie looks a little tired towards the end of games we have to throw him on.
Talk Talk

« Reply #401 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 20:40:30 »

I think Ward is a revelation. A really good loan signing.

I would like to see him play up front tbh.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 20:45:47 »

Really? I wouldn't because we have Billy and Charlie to play there. Ward is good as a LM however I do think that if he were to play a role behind the front 2 he'd be the dogs bollocks.
Talk Talk

« Reply #403 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 20:47:21 »

Really? I wouldn't because we have Billy and Charlie to play there. Ward is good as a LM however I do think that if he were to play a role behind the front 2 he'd be the dogs bollocks.

Yeah, that sounds good too.

Also backup for Jean-Luc? 
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 20:53:14 »

I watched it from the Town End. No one looked particularly great until we scored. Just too many defenders behind the ball. First goals unlock games like these. I dont trust your judgement on Ward anyway, youre the same bloke who thought McNamee did more tracking back.

Its not judgement, its a fact. In the first half Ward wasn't interested - continually dodging challenges, not going for balls he could have got to and so on. Don't remember him trying to take defenders on either, but the main problem was that he just wasn't in the game.

The tracking back argument is bollocks - when I said the same about the Charlton equaliser everyone starts saying its not Ward's job to track back.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: