Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Champions Elect  (Read 4002 times)
fatbasher

« on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 08:21:38 »

I keep looking at the table and remaining fixtures and no matter how I do the permutations I keep coming back to the same conclusion.

Yesterday we effectively won the 2nd Division Championship.

We have three home games and three away games. Put aside the old saying "if it's and buts were pots and pans a tinker I would be" assume we win those three home games that's it.

Of course we have to crush both Northampton and Plymouth in the next two home games but the games left for the chasing pack to catch us obviously reduce after each fixture. So these two games coming up will keep us 8 points clear of the real threat (Shrewsbury), that is why I'm confident we will look back at yesterday's win @ Morcambe as the one that won us not only promotion but also the the title figuratively speaking.

On a contentious note I hope Oxford draw with Turkey and if they make the play-offs, fine, I will be shouting for ant team they play, even Crawley.

Don't eat to much chocolate on Sunday Ladies and Gentleman. 

Touch wood I'm not superstitious but I hope Monday's game has a party atmosphere cause I'm already celebrating.
kerry red

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 08:41:38 »

Not wishing to piss on your post but . . . .

TELL US SOMETHING WE DON'T KNOW!!!

I'm trying to work out when the bookies will have to pay me out - 3 luvvly jubbly grand WHoooo Hoooooo
fatbasher

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 08:47:15 »

Not wishing to piss on your post but . . . .

TELL US SOMETHING WE DON'T KNOW!!!

I'm trying to work out when the bookies will have to pay me out - 3 luvvly jubbly grand WHoooo Hoooooo

Well don't then!

I'm going to meet some old school friends at lunchtime.

There is no need to shout you twat.

Lucky you.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 08:48:33 »

Wish I had put a bet on for us to win the league last summer now. I was actually going to but thought i'd just be wasting a tenner. Now I have to truly say I am gutted but of course pleased that there is a very good chance of it happening.
kaufman

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 08:49:24 »

Blimey, what odds did you get?

10 points needed, 11 to be mathematically sure of being champions.

kerry red

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 08:52:25 »

Pre season had 100 @ 11/1

After Poxford home game went out to 17/1 and had another 100 on
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 09:15:25 »

Still a bit early for me to call us champions elect.

We did effectively secure promotion yesterday, of that I have no doubts.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 09:23:32 »

Still a bit early for me to call us champions elect.

We did effectively secure promotion yesterday, of that I have no doubts.

I agree Batch.

We've just got to keep on winning.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 09:30:14 »

No doubt in my mind now that we're up.  It's when now, not if.  As for Champions...almost there, but not quite.  If you assume Torquay were to win their last 5, we would be able to drop 8 points and still finish top.  Can I see us losing another 3?  Not really - but let's not count those chickens just yet.
Flashheart

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 09:33:07 »

My tempting fate-ometer is going off the scale you cunts
kerry red

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 09:47:20 »

No doubt in my mind now that we're up.  It's when now, not if.  As for Champions...almost there, but not quite.  If you assume Torquay were to win their last 5, we would be able to drop 8 points and still finish top.  Can I see us losing another 3?  Not really - but let's not count those chickens just yet.

Well, I've just looked out my window and counted 14 chickens
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 09:53:30 »

I know we're as good as promoted and I know we're going to end the season as champions but I'm still gonna brick it until I see that C next to our name.

I know I shouldn't feel this way but I will be gutted if we don't finish top.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 09:54:35 »

Is Kerry Red going to win a lot of money, I don't think it has been mentioned before.
kerry red

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 10:05:38 »

Oh, sorry - have I mentioned it before?

TBH 3 grand is far and away the most I have ever won (pleeeeease) on a bet so I must apologise for a bit of crowing and trumpet blowing

Pint
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 10:11:45 »

I know we're as good as promoted and I know we're going to end the season as champions but I'm still gonna brick it until I see that C next to our name.

I know I shouldn't feel this way but I will be gutted if we don't finish top.

Losing top spot now would be gutting. Promotion is the minimum requirement but we haven't won a trophy that didn't include the words Wiltshire, shield and Ibiza since 1995/96. We couldn't beat Oxford that season either.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: