Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlie (?) interview  (Read 4102 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 20:00:45 »

Honestly, he's a simple lad. Not really a knob.

Having said that, only time Ive met him personally was in the bar after we played Hungerford Town away pre season before he went big time.

Forget Charlie Austin and move on.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 20:19:09 »

I think the only people who are making themselves look like knobs are the ones who are so bitter that a player chose to move on. Mild indifference is the only dignified response
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 21:50:17 »

It will be interesting to see how Charlie settles at Burnley but if you take his last games for us and his first two for Burnley that's no goals in 6 games. Being subbed on 70 and 60 mins suggests maybe he needs to make another step up in fitness and that he's no longer the main man. If Charlie goes on a barren run then will the Burnley supporters be patient on their big signing as compared with if the same happened here. That will be the test of his qualities how he copes with adversity.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 21:55:57 »

Jay Rodriguez had a great game against Norwich i dont think they would worry to much about austin if they had someone else banging them in
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 21:57:20 »

I met him at Poole Town FC and he seemed fine, though I believe there was serious grounds for some of the rumours floating around, however, they are just that- rumours. Good luck Charlie, but not as much as Coxy or Fallon. Indulge us that much for the manner of your departure.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 22:27:17 »

It will be interesting to see how Charlie settles at Burnley but if you take his last games for us and his first two for Burnley that's no goals in 6 games. Being subbed on 70 and 60 mins suggests maybe he needs to make another step up in fitness and that he's no longer the main man. If Charlie goes on a barren run then will the Burnley supporters be patient on their big signing as compared with if the same happened here. That will be the test of his qualities how he copes with adversity.

He's surely only played one game?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 22:36:06 »

Wednesday night and yesterday he's played for them.

Never knowingly overstated.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 23:00:37 »

Wednesday night and yesterday he's played for them.
OK, my bad.

I will say one last thing about Charlie though and never mention him again. This picture looks plain wrong..

[url width=320 height=308]http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/javaImages/42/2a/0,,10413~9382466,00.png[/url]
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 23:22:49 »

It's is just a dammed shame our close relationship with Poole Town FC has had to suffer. Like I said in another thread, Torquay FC will hopefully become our new twin-town, and Benyon our new darling  Beers
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: