Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Leyton Orient Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42754 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 19:52:51 »

Why was Ranger missing.?..if it was because of him going AWOL again then far dos but if it was because Cooper wanted to teach him a lesson then it was a mistake.

If Cooper has dropped him because of previous AWOL activity to teach him a lesson I don't think it was a mistake. You can't have players doing what they want without consequences while others work their nuts off. Particularly Ranger with his previous of taking the piss out of his employer.

We are a worse team without him though.

I don't know how well (or badly) it came across on the wireless but the performance yesterday was akin to the Malpas, Wilson 09/10 and Hart days - no passion, no urgency, second to everything and comical defending - when these players have shown to be capable of far better..

Do you really think it was that bad?

I didn't, I thought we tried to attack. We never seem to do so with much pace urgency, which is frustrating, but that's us. With Hart/Malpas we didn't seem to even give it a go. Just my opinion like.

But for me the 'problem' is the if the game doesn't suit the players we have we are stuffed. Take yesterday, I thought Harley and to a lesser extent Luongo were reasonably net with the ball. But there was no bite when we didn't have it.

What we really needed was for someone to absolute twat their number 4 early on.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 19:53:54 »

Who was it on here that lost a ring, I know of somebody that may just have found it.

I lost my wedding ring at the game today.  I sit in the DRS near the Town End.  I went back and checked after the game (thanks to a helpful steward) and couldn't find it.  If anyone picked it up or handed it in then please get in touch!

Its a silver (in colour) male wedding band with an inscription on the inside.

Devastated to have lost it, so really hope somebody found it!

Shit day all round!
Flashheart

« Reply #272 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 19:54:23 »

Someone on Facebook has posted saying they found a silver wedding ring in the DRS stand, a guy called Lee Walters. I don't know him, a mate of mine shared his post.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4999197317417&set=a.3642332396642.113739.1824314725&type=1

Same post that I saw, small world.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 20:11:31 »

Do you really think it was that bad?

I didn't, I thought we tried to attack. We never seem to do so with much pace urgency, which is frustrating, but that's us. With Hart/Malpas we didn't seem to even give it a go. Just my opinion like.

But for me the 'problem' is the if the game doesn't suit the players we have we are stuffed. Take yesterday, I thought Harley and to a lesser extent Luongo were reasonably net with the ball. But there was no bite when we didn't have it.

What we really needed was for someone to absolute twat their number 4 early on.

Perhaps not as bad as Hart. The lack of ideas reminded me of watching Malpas' side though, for all our neat passing at times we looked very one dimensional and became very direct towards the end with long balls over the top to Ajose which were mostly gobbled up by Cuthbert. Someone else summed it up well - it's not so much the urgency or the passing but the general lack of movement that has led to us being too static and losing the ball.

Agree about the lack of bite. We could have done with their number 4, regardless of him being a moany French twat.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 20:18:56 »

we were shit after they equalised, ref had no idea. on the plus side at least we're not spurs and we didn't get dicked 6-0
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 20:21:45 »

The 2nd half was reminiscent of 10/11 - completely devoid of any attacking ideas or threat. More effort than that shower of shite but the lack of creativity was very alarming.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 20:33:56 »

I hope ranger is back for Tuesday. He's key for the team. Nobody holds the ball up as well as him. N'guessan doesn't seem a target man despite being a big fucker, his touch just isn't as good.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 20:36:10 »

We defiantly lacked a game changer, we do need a better centre back not impressed with hall at all. N'Gussen wasn't as good as Ranger is at holding up the ball. Wes did well at keeping the scoreline at 3. Think Kasim has lost some form is nowhere near his best.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 20:36:10 »

Every time orient went forward they looked like scoring. Every time we did, there just wasn't the same sense that we could do any damage. N'guessan kept
Getting into good crossing positions but it was pointless him crossing it so it would go nowhere. We never once got to the byline and fired a cross in towards Dany.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 20:48:27 »

N'guessan doesn't seem a target man despite being a big fucker, his touch just isn't as good.

He controls it as far as I can kick it

Was the same at Colchester but they were a lot poorer than Lorient
Gerinthere

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 21:11:54 »

J Mac now joint dirtiest player in league 1.
http://espnfc.com/stats/discipline/_/league/eng.3/english-league-one?cc=5739

Judging by our stats and the team level with us, I predict next Saturdays game to turn into a mass punch up.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #281 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 21:22:45 »

One thing I just remembered. Catching coopers post match interview he seemed to imply the new midfielder we just signed could be involved on Tuesday...

Massive ask to step up to league football, know nothing about him, but he's tall enough to be the midfield enforcer Smiley
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 21:25:59 »

J Mac now joint dirtiest player in league 1.
http://espnfc.com/stats/discipline/_/league/eng.3/english-league-one?cc=5739

Judging by our stats and the team level with us, I predict next Saturdays game to turn into a mass punch up.

Wow we have 3 in the top 10
Carlisle 2

Could be worth a punt on a sending off in that one esp as their two have 4 reds compared to our one red for JMc

One thing I just remembered. Catching coopers post match interview he seemed to imply the new midfielder we just signed could be involved on Tuesday...

Massive ask to step up to league football, know nothing about him, but he's tall enough to be the midfield enforcer Smiley

Someone asked him on twitter if he played CB
He replied  No
From what I read he seems to be an attacking midfielder as he said he like to get forward and score
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 22:06:47 »

Why not chuck him in? Apart from luongo I thought our midfield
Was ineffective on Saturday. Bit of a gamble but if it pays off then cooper will be a genius.

Actually save him for the jpt thinking about it.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 22:28:14 »

Serious answer

a. He shouldn't just walk straight in

b. Which level did he play at, I doubt he's fit enough for 90 mins league football yet.

C. Just because our midfield didn't work against orient doesn't mean it won't attaint Crawley.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: