Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Leyton Orient Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42749 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 16:05:00 »

I was unable to listen pre match, what comments were they?
http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=53072.0
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 16:27:26 »

Ward and Hall don't work as a pair and they've had enough games. They are hardly helped by both full backs / wing backs / midfield. I'd happily send Hall back to Spurs but that alone won't sort the problem out. I'd also happily drop Ward at the moment.
The problem is their places are under no pressure as there are no obvious replacements.
I'm a big fan of Nate Dog but he has been crap recently. 

You're completely right. Even re. Thompson, unfortunately.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 16:53:30 »

Cliques ruining the dressing room Wink
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 17:08:50 »

McEveley quoted as saying "Am I the only one who gives a fuck around here?" when going down the tunnel after his sending off

I think while we've all been doing a lot of hand-wringing over formations, who should play where, and experimenting with a more utilitarian approach to combat our away form, the aspect of the team that was key to our form in the early part of the season, playing with freedom, commitment and energy to support each other as a unit, has seen something of a decline.

The number of times our players were left isolated yesterday, with team-mates stood watching him statuesque, where at the beginning of the season he'd have had 2 or 3 simple options available, seems to be indicative of a loss of something in the players, whether confidence, desire, fitness, I'm not sure; but at home, against a team that's been top of the league for most of the season, I expect them to come out at a high tempo, full of desire and energy to prove what they can do, not afraid, tentative, lethargic, as they seemed to come out yesterday.

I wonder if part of it is the burden of expectation, which was pretty much non-existent at the start of the season, allowing them to play with total freedom of expression, but which has slowly built up to the point where they're actually now expected to win.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 17:16:04 »

Who was it that once said that a week is along time in politics, well it seems the same is true with Swindon Town.

Last week Kasim wasn't shit and we weren't doomed to a fight to try an just stay in League 1.

Although to be fair it was still all Hall's fault, even though Ward has been equally culpable for a lot of the shit defending going on.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 17:21:29 »

The annoying thing is us ticket buying no marks can see Hall and Ward dont work as a pairing or individually for that matter.
So the ones in the know ( Power/Cooper/William etc ) splash out on a midfielder  Head Hurts

Wheres the sense
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 17:49:22 »

So somewhat inevitably the FA are investigating the keeper incident.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 19:25:41 »

I don't think it's anything to do with writing off our chances or giving up but an urgent need to address some very serious concerns which are becoming more and more prevalent as teams have figured us out before it is too late and we're too far adrift. We've seen what this team is capable of but it's in dire need of some tweaking.

I don't know how well (or badly) it came across on the wireless but the performance yesterday was akin to the Malpas, Wilson 09/10 and Hart days - no passion, no urgency, second to everything and comical defending - when these players have shown to be capable of far better.

I've only seen home games, Wolves aside, so I'm only seeing half of the entire picture but in recent games - yesterday, Port Vale and Walsall - we've come up against sides who have harassed and bullied us and we've offered little resistance to it. We beat Port Vale because their defence was worse than ours, Walsall were less physically aggressive but we couldn't cope with their approach at all and Orient didn't give us time on the ball and employed some dubious tactics which the referee simply ignored. We can't handle a physical opposition and when you look at our squad, especially in midfield, we have very few players who can.

January is fast approaching and we could lose some important players. Despite our league position, it's reasonable to be a little concerned.
It looked like that on the highlights but from my seat it looked as though the Orient player got to the ball with a stretch despite Kasim's effort to cover it. Regardless, Kasim should have done better IMO.

Completely agree with all of this.

McEveley's first yellow was 'professional'... no problem with that. The second one, could be seen as stupid; at 3-1 down, he could have let him waltz through. But frustration got the better of him (or maybe he thought he could get a toe to it?). Either way, it seemed to stem from him being one of the only ones who looked remotely up for it after the first 20 minutes or so, the quote from the tunnel above pointing towards that.

Orient played to the fact that he'd already been booked, particularly when they brought the sub on who he subsequently fouled.  Most of us could see it was going to happen.  Cooper should have subbed him to avoid the inevitable, especially since he only used 2 out of the 3 subs.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #263 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 19:26:51 »

We've been spoilt the last couple of seasons, I think our fans need a sense of perspective after what's happened over the summer. I'm happy with mid table.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 19:27:00 »

Completely agree with all of this.

Orient played to the fact that he'd already been booked, particularly when they brought the sub on who he subsequently fouled.  Most of us could see it was going to happen.  Power should have subbed him to avoid the inevitable, especially since he only used 2 out of the 3 subs.

Fixed
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #265 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 19:27:30 »

Is he out of contract in January or in the summer?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 19:42:53 »

So somewhat inevitably the FA are investigating the keeper incident.

I'd make the idiot that ran on the pitch pay the fine

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 19:49:23 »

Is he out of contract in January or in the summer?

Summer
Flashheart

« Reply #268 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 19:50:38 »

Who was it on here that lost a ring, I know of somebody that may just have found it.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 19:52:44 »

Someone on Facebook has posted saying they found a silver wedding ring in the DRS stand, a guy called Lee Walters. I don't know him, a mate of mine shared his post.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4999197317417&set=a.3642332396642.113739.1824314725&type=1
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: