Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Leyton Orient Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42754 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #240 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 13:32:43 »

I don't know how well (or badly) it came across on the wireless but the performance yesterday was akin to the Malpas, Wilson 09/10 and Hart days - no passion, no urgency, second to everything and comical defending - when these players have shown to be capable of far better.
It certainly didnt come accross to me like that on t'radio, we sounded like we were "almost" matching Orient everywhere on the pitch but with somewhat poorer defending.

It is quite impossible to get a true reflection on a game from the commentary at times, but if what you say is true about the lack of passion and urgency then I can see where you are coming from.

Our defence has been a cause for concern all season but our midfield and attack has more than made up for this by scoring lots of goals, it seems to be the policy of "we score at least one more than the opposition" which is entertaining but it will always leave us open at the back when attacking and we will have a fair few results like we did yesterday.

That said....if we can tighten up at the back then we could easily get back into the play off places, its still very early in the season really and almost all of us would happily have taken this position at this stage pre season (Chang excepted).

But because we have shown some glimpses of fantastic football this season then our fans naturally expect more.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 13:55:42 »

McEveley quoted as saying "Am I the only one who gives a fuck around here?" when going down the tunnel after his sending off
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #242 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 14:05:01 »

Ward spent a fair amount of the game yesterday working out where Hall was and shaking his head at the lack of communication from him.
Jay Mac really was a stupid fucker for both yellows but looked good bombing forward in the first half.
That defence needs some serious work.
Also what a save from Fods at the end.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 14:07:26 »

I watched it on the FLS, about 50 mins in.

Manish looked different this week.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 14:19:19 »

That said....if we can tighten up at the back then we could easily get back into the play off places, its still very early in the season really and almost all of us would happily have taken this position at this stage pre season (Chang excepted).
I'd certainly take this position come the season's end, if we were to push on next season.

What really did piss me off yesterday, was Cooper's pre match comments. Bizarre.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 14:38:22 »

McEveley's first yellow was 'professional'... no problem with that. The second one, could be seen as stupid; at 3-1 down, he could have let him waltz through. But frustration got the better of him (or maybe he thought he could get a toe to it?). Either way, it seemed to stem from him being one of the only ones who looked remotely up for it after the first 20 minutes or so, the quote from the tunnel above pointing towards that.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 14:47:36 »

McEveley quoted as saying "Am I the only one who gives a fuck around here?" when going down the tunnel after his sending off
Don't blame him to be honest, some players were just going through the motions as soon as we went behind. Time to send Hall back to Spurs and find a half decent centre back and a midfield enforcer to try and enable us to mix things up a little. Unfortunately 3 problems with this I would imagine. a) finding these players b) affording them and c) this probably wouldn't fit Jed's so called 'pretty' football philosophy.

On a side note I still can't help but think that pathetic letter Jed wrote to the football league has bitten us big time. If teams hadn't figured already that we were a soft touch everyone did after that!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 14:49:18 »

On a side note I still can't help but think that pathetic letter Jed wrote to the football league has bitten us big time. If teams hadn't figured already that we were a soft touch everyone did after that!

I was thinking that at half-time yesterday. And at full-time. And when I posted on here last night.

It's basically served as instructions for opposition teams on how to beat us.
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 15:15:25 »

a midfield enforcer to try and enable us to mix things up a little. Unfortunately 3 problems with this I would imagine. a) finding these players b) affording them and c) this probably wouldn't fit Jed's so called 'pretty' football philosophy.
As Christian Roberts said after the game, Alan McCormack would have fitted that enforcing midfielder role perfectly if we'd held onto him - could provide cover in defence too.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 15:23:53 »

Ward spent a fair amount of the game yesterday working out where Hall was and shaking his head at the lack of communication from him.

Yep, remember one incident in the first half when Mooney beat him in the air with Ward having not been alert to him and he just turned to Hall and shook his head.

Don't blame him to be honest, some players were just going through the motions as soon as we went behind. Time to send Hall back to Spurs and find a half decent centre back and a midfield enforcer to try and enable us to mix things up a little. Unfortunately 3 problems with this I would imagine. a) finding these players b) affording them and c) this probably wouldn't fit Jed's so called 'pretty' football philosophy. d) Sending Hall back would piss off Spurs, wouldn't want to upset Sherwood would we?

You missed out the fourth problem.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 15:27:02 »

Where are the highlights??

Only the keeper incident on my sky highlights!

I watched them on player
But also here

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 15:29:58 »

I watched them on player
But also here

Brilliant commentary!

We score but claim offside?
DRS

« Reply #252 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 15:34:19 »

Jay Mac really was a stupid fucker for both yellows but looked good bombing forward in the first half.
That defence needs some serious work.
Also what a save from Fods at the end.

Ward wants to worry about himself,didn't cover for the first,to slow to cover for the second and then deflects the 3rd(not really his fault). The amount of shit Hall gets is unreal yeah he has not been great but let's face it Ward is just as much as a fucking liability
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #253 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 15:53:16 »

Ward wants to worry about himself,didn't cover for the first,to slow to cover for the second and then deflects the 3rd(not really his fault). The amount of shit Hall gets is unreal yeah he has not been great but let's face it Ward is just as much as a fucking liability
Ward and Hall don't work as a pair and they've had enough games. They are hardly helped by both full backs / wing backs / midfield. I'd happily send Hall back to Spurs but that alone won't sort the problem out. I'd also happily drop Ward at the moment.
The problem is their places are under no pressure as there are no obvious replacements.
I'm a big fan of Nate Dog but he has been crap recently. 
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #254 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 16:04:01 »

What really did piss me off yesterday, was Cooper's pre match comments. Bizarre.
I was unable to listen pre match, what comments were they?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: