Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Leyton Orient Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42748 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 10:26:37 »

Its alright ive just got a raging hangover so am not in the best of moods Cool
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 10:41:41 »

Well I think everyone was expecting that to be a tough game unsurprising that it turned out the way it did but frustrating nonetheless with their first goal which so easily have been avoided...seemed to go to pieces after that - not helped by the referee who was as bad as I have seen fro a while.....we need a Nile Ranger to complete the formation against the better teams - absolutely no need to panic just at the moment.....haven`t bothered read to many other posts on here but seems there is a lot of negative stuff going about.....calm down.....January coming up so maybe a few more Spurs youngsters to come on down....

Glad to see the town end getting upset, with the referee but not sure the guy on the pitch was such a good idea...although the goalkeeper was a cheating and good for nothing....

Orient will be promoted no doubts about it....

Bathtime
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 10:42:29 »

I disagree

There is a total lack of passion at the CG, and has been since PDC left

This guy is a bit stupid, because he is probably going to Jail, but other than that - go for it, at least someone is showing a bit of passion.

I accept most of you will crucify me for supporting the guy, but the same people will also moan about the lack of Passion in the CG

Give me the old days of fences, passion and a bit of scrapping any day over the current sterile lifeless crap

If ever you wanted a post for opposition fans to look at and suggest that our fans might be a little bit simple, this is it.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 10:52:21 »

Going to post this and read back.

I thought the difference between a good side and an outstanding/epic one was evident yesterday.

Orient are well drilled, organised and play simple football very quickly and very slick. Also they have a physical (not dirty) edge to their game, so to me overall they have the all round package to do well in a very tough league this year.....

Ref was piss (again) but not a bearing on the result for me.

Why was Ranger missing.?..if it was because of him going AWOL again then far dos but if it was because Cooper wanted to teach him a lesson then it was a mistake.

Probably going to Creepy Tuesday but I do feel our league position is where we might end up...

No worries cos we're going to win the JPT.......

Clems Army!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 10:57:10 »

Going back to yesterday...

Thought we played well for the 1st half hour, Orient gave us a lot of space to play the ball and then we scored...which in a weird sort of way was probably the worst thing that could have happened yesterday as after we scored we just switched off altogether. They go down the other end and score, and we stop playing...it was a strange sort of game, in that once matey went on the pitch to throw some bitch slaps at their keeper the game itself almost became secondary. I thought the foul on El Gabas second one was a penalty from my view, and then in the commotion of the incident, their no.6 boots El Gabas on the floor and gets away with it - did anyone else see that???

#VivaKenBarlow!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 11:01:04 »

Re the penalty incident it looked like El gabas chucked himself on the floor but then got up and might have been fouled the second time. Had he not been blatantly looking to go down under any contact he might have had more sympathy with the ref.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 11:02:43 »

I lost my wedding ring at the game today.  I sit in the DRS near the Town End.  I went back and checked after the game (thanks to a helpful steward) and couldn't find it.  If anyone picked it up or handed it in then please get in touch!

Its a silver (in colour) male wedding band with an inscription on the inside.

Devastated to have lost it, so really hope somebody found it!

Shit day all round!

You poor fucker...hope it turns up...

Clems Army!
kerry red

« Reply #232 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 11:05:49 »

Yep.

We are a whole point adrift, we had might as well just give up now.

Our present position in the league is different to how we are actually playing.

Our good home form has been skewed somewhat by the fact that our wins have all come against team either in the bottom 4 or at best mid table.

Taking our performances against the better sides in the league doesn't fill me with confidence that we can compete to maintain a play off position.

Doesn't bother me that much if we just maintain the status quo, just saying that MY OPINION is that we will struggle to stay in and around the top 6
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 11:14:14 »

Point on pitch invader....

Lost his temper....and now he is fucked....rightly so....

I am impressed that Jed has come straight out and said....ban...etc etc.

But hang on a minute....where was Jeds comments on that Cunt of a Keeper at MK last season giving it the finger and causing trouble with the Stewards.Huh?

Just like Fittons post match comments at the Orient game ref 'the flare'...

Stewards giving it the biggin in a public street outside Brentford....

Where are the board when we are treated like shit??? They don't want to know then......

Clems Army!
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 12:11:48 »

Highlights are up on player

Thought so at the time but the more I look at it am pretty sure their second goal came off Kasims head

And McEveleys first booking  Roll Eyes missed taking out the player up one end of the pitch so tracked him back 50 yards to make sure he got him  Head Hurts

Not sure it was a pen either ( not that mattered as didnt get it )
All theirs were pretty route one too oh well roll on tuesday
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 12:15:08 »

Our present position in the league is different to how we are actually playing.

Our good home form has been skewed somewhat by the fact that our wins have all come against team either in the bottom 4 or at best mid table.

Taking our performances against the better sides in the league doesn't fill me with confidence that we can compete to maintain a play off position.

Doesn't bother me that much if we just maintain the status quo, just saying that MY OPINION is that we will struggle to stay in and around the top 6

Got a couple of games coming up where we could do with getting at least a win in one of them, although a 2 draws would be helpful.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 12:25:19 »

Got a couple of games coming up where we could do with getting at least a win in one of them, although a 2 draws would be helpful.

Need to cos December is looking a tough one with 3 away games ,none of them easy and Cov at home
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 12:59:46 »

Yep.

We are a whole point adrift, we had might as well just give up now.

I don't think it's anything to do with writing off our chances or giving up but an urgent need to address some very serious concerns which are becoming more and more prevalent as teams have figured us out before it is too late and we're too far adrift. We've seen what this team is capable of but it's in dire need of some tweaking.

I don't know how well (or badly) it came across on the wireless but the performance yesterday was akin to the Malpas, Wilson 09/10 and Hart days - no passion, no urgency, second to everything and comical defending - when these players have shown to be capable of far better.

I've only seen home games, Wolves aside, so I'm only seeing half of the entire picture but in recent games - yesterday, Port Vale and Walsall - we've come up against sides who have harassed and bullied us and we've offered little resistance to it. We beat Port Vale because their defence was worse than ours, Walsall were less physically aggressive but we couldn't cope with their approach at all and Orient didn't give us time on the ball and employed some dubious tactics which the referee simply ignored. We can't handle a physical opposition and when you look at our squad, especially in midfield, we have very few players who can.

January is fast approaching and we could lose some important players. Despite our league position, it's reasonable to be a little concerned.

Highlights are up on player

Thought so at the time but the more I look at it am pretty sure their second goal came off Kasims head

And McEveleys first booking  Roll Eyes missed taking out the player up one end of the pitch so tracked him back 50 yards to make sure he got him  Head Hurts

Not sure it was a pen either ( not that mattered as didnt get it )
All theirs were pretty route one too oh well roll on tuesday

It looked like that on the highlights but from my seat it looked as though the Orient player got to the ball with a stretch despite Kasim's effort to cover it. Regardless, Kasim should have done better IMO.

McEveley's first booking was a cynical foul to break up their attack, he knew what he was doing. Fuck knows what he was doing for the red card though...
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 13:25:51 »

Where are the highlights??

Only the keeper incident on my sky highlights!

Clems Army!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 13:26:48 »

I watched it on the FLS, about 50 mins in.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: