Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Today's Protest  (Read 8163 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, March 11, 2007, 09:53:01 »

Holt was a complete coward by goding us at the window and then not having the guts to come down and talk. It just goes to show how much of a joke our board have become! Bowden had the decency to come and talk (which he always does to be fair) but he just spouted even more bollocks than the last time he came out. all in all i think the protest really got to them yesterday! lets hope it has some effect
DMR

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, March 11, 2007, 11:57:41 »

I'm all for this non-violent lark but when will someone give Bob Holt a good punch in the head?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, March 11, 2007, 12:08:27 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
I'm all for this non-violent lark but when will someone give Bob Holt a good punch in the head?

There was a fella near me, who was up for lamping Bowden....he was persuaded otherwise.   Action of that sort would be a serious mistake.

What is needed is more numbers....think the card board cut outs should be wheeled into service.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, March 11, 2007, 12:31:20 »

Thought it was good how we showed support for the players and our discust of the board all in the same protest. Ifil obviously loved it as he walked past on more than one occassion
flammableBen

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, March 11, 2007, 12:34:42 »

I was disappointed that the flammableben consortium never got off the ground after I went to get another pint and then forgot about it.
sonic youth

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, March 11, 2007, 12:36:44 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"

The bloke won't leave his sanctuary of the executive suite until the orange orangutans have left.
my-velocity

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, March 11, 2007, 12:53:25 »

Seriously, this is dragging on too much. If Bill Power has a serious offer, go up in person and give it too them.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, March 11, 2007, 12:55:31 »

Quote from: "stfcbeckett"
Seriously, this is dragging on too much. If Bill Power has a serious offer, go up in person and give it too them.

Or the board could ask for a certain amount to make it clearer what it is they want...
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, March 11, 2007, 12:59:57 »

Surely something has to be put in place before the shrewsbury game, which is now just under 3 weeks. A protest sanctioned by the trust shouldn't be left right until the end of the season, as we all know the momentum will be lost what with the three month break.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, March 11, 2007, 14:47:59 »

FFS! Have you paid any attention whatever? As things stand at the moment, we can't even get a straightforward reply to a solicitors' letter, much less "go up in person".
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, March 11, 2007, 14:50:31 »

Quote from: "pauld"

FFS! Have you paid any attention whatever? As things stand at the moment, we can't even get a straightforward reply to a solicitors' letter, much less "go up in person".

Calm down, calm down  Soapy Tit Wank

said in true scouse
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, March 11, 2007, 14:51:22 »

Cheesy  Oops
sonic youth

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, March 11, 2007, 15:13:11 »

It's not that simple, they're trying to buy a football club not a fucking sandwich (or a house).

The main issue as far as I can tell is that the board are not interested in selling the club and are being deliberately obtuse and awkward as a result - the consortium are unable to make an offer for the club as they have no real idea of the true value, to bid blindly would be naive.

The board won't enter into due diligence or an NDA for some utterly bizarre reason, so as things stand it's a stalemate.
Sussex

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, March 11, 2007, 15:22:24 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
The board won't enter into due diligence or an NDA for some utterly bizarre reason, so as things stand it's a stalemate.

And when asked about this, IIRC, didn't Mike B say it was quite normal business practice to make an offer for something you don't know the actual value of?
Dazzza

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, March 11, 2007, 15:28:04 »

What sort of gestures did good old Bob provide?

It conjures images of Father Ted's unfortunate salute in the window.

Can you film it all please next time?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: