Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: saturday night in swindon  (Read 8020 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, March 26, 2006, 20:27:41 »

Quote from: "lumpimynci"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Question: is the Pipers Arms a queer pub? It felt like it,

Urban myth used to be that when it was the Fountain it was a gay pub...I only ever used to go in occasionally on a pub crawl or something, and ahven't been in for a few years now, so wouldn't know.

Is that the pub in Old Town, near the Arts Centre, that tried to shed its Gay bar image by changing it's name to the Hobgoblin, which ended up being referred to as the Goblin, which kinda just brought the whole gay thing back into peoples minds.

That's the one.
McLovin

« Reply #46 on: Sunday, March 26, 2006, 21:35:18 »

I frequent the pipers every lunchtime. nowt gay about it as far as i can see. 50p pool table too!
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, March 27, 2006, 00:10:10 »

I should be going out in Swindon next Friday for the first time in ages. Going to the brunel rooms to see Pendulum and Andy C and Cardiff's own 23DJ probably.

Last time I went I went in Yates I think it was and it's true the women were 95% pigs.
danny121

« Reply #48 on: Monday, March 27, 2006, 00:16:25 »

I thought the women in Swindon were bad until i started uni in bristol, fuck me its a hell of alot worse, there either black, asian, wearing nike air max and stupid fuckin hooped ear rings or just plain fat. Its like throwing meat to dogs when you spot a decent one
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #49 on: Monday, March 27, 2006, 00:18:20 »

I might avoid going out in Swindon for as long as possible this year  :|
danny121

« Reply #50 on: Monday, March 27, 2006, 00:21:29 »

Went to visit a mate of mine who goes to uni in Southampton, went to a bar called Jesters, u ever been? Shithole but 50p a pint on a mon, got smashed on 7quid including chips, couldnt complain
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #51 on: Monday, March 27, 2006, 00:27:08 »

Yeah I live 5 mins (when sober) away from Jesters. Like you say utter craphole but cheap booze and easy women. Even that compensates for the sticky floor  Smiley
danny121

« Reply #52 on: Monday, March 27, 2006, 00:33:33 »

Yea was good nite, although i droped a fiver n actually had to peel it off the floor, was desperate to retrieve it as it was enought for 10pints.U know the website for it at all? Got told I was in some of the pictures on there from the nite out.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #53 on: Monday, March 27, 2006, 00:43:41 »

Sorry mate, can't help you there.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, March 27, 2006, 14:54:40 »

Quote from: "danny121"
I thought the women in Swindon were bad until i started uni in bristol, fuck me its a hell of alot worse, there either black, asian, wearing nike air max and stupid fuckin hooped ear rings or just plain fat. Its like throwing meat to dogs when you spot a decent one

Do you go out there on fri/sat nights? If so I agree, especially down Gloucester Road. Student nights however there are some top things to put your head in.  Cool
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #55 on: Monday, March 27, 2006, 15:05:16 »

It's the same in Southampton. If you pick a night where the locals are out they tend to be right chavettes.
Piemonte

« Reply #56 on: Monday, March 27, 2006, 16:01:31 »

I felt a feeling of superiority on Saturday I've not felt since last time I logged on to thisis.

I went to Soda where they had an indie night on and it was full of students. I've never felt so rich Cheesy

I did have the displeasure of someone I'd never met bugging me for a fag, which is the epitome of student behavour. on the plus side it did remind me of college days trying to blag my next nicotine fix Cool

I was really quite pissed but I remeber the conversation quite well for some reason

Student: alright mate, can I have a fag?
Me: No.
Student: Go on, its my 21st birthday
Me: Do I look like a fucking charity?
Student: Yes
Me: Well I'm not, so fuck off
Student: awwwwww go on mate
Me: FUCK OFF!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, March 27, 2006, 16:13:11 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
I felt a feeling of superiority on Saturday I've not felt since last time I logged on to thisis.

I went to Soda where they had an indie night on and it was full of students. I've never felt so rich Cheesy

I did have the displeasure of someone I'd never met bugging me for a fag, which is the epitome of student behavour. on the plus side it did remind me of college days trying to blag my next nicotine fix Cool

I was really quite pissed but I remeber the conversation quite well for some reason

Student: alright mate, can I have a fag?
Me: No.
Student: Go on, its my 21st birthday
Me: Do I look like a fucking charity?
Student: Yes
Me: Well I'm not, so fuck off
Student: awwwwww go on mate
Me: FUCK OFF!

Sounds like Flammable Ben.
McLovin

« Reply #58 on: Monday, March 27, 2006, 17:05:48 »

I was in there too, Pie. I didn't ask you for a fag though..
Piemonte

« Reply #59 on: Monday, March 27, 2006, 17:06:36 »

Nah, FB would have been asking for a drink Cheesy  Beers
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: