Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Crewe Alexandra Official Matchday Thread  (Read 37281 times)
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 16:50:56 »

agree

Lets hope he doesnt go to jail then!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 16:53:29 »

Prefer, lets hope he's innocent.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 16:53:47 »

Clearly the final ingredient was my attendance at the CG! An excellent team performance, and we could have scored 10 if we were slightly more aggressive. We really are a delight to watch.

Now for a moan about myworld (having praised them in the morning). I selected a seat in the DRS but ended up being given a seat in the Arkells! I've checked the ticket and all the order confirmation and it doesn't mention anywhere which stand you're in! How crap is that??? Those plastics coming to the CG for the first time v Chelsea won't have a clue where to go.

I didn't think the atmosphere could be any worse than last season but we seem to have gone even quieter this season. I know I was in the grave dodgers stand but the rest of the ground was pretty silent. We won 5-0 FFS!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
fatbasher

« Reply #183 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 16:54:52 »

Personally I don't really care how well or not Crewe played and we were this and we were that. From the two home games I have seen, St. Evenage and today we looked a better side than this time last year and the year before. I saw us at the glass house and we were dog shyte again. However, look at Posh & QPR away, Turkey & the Gypo's at home and again we shone according to the personal reports I've had. Ok not all 90 minutes in anyone game but I truly feel this is going to be a very good season, very good indeed. We did not reach warp speed today Captain Kirk, more close orbital speed which should send out a message to everyone in this league. Sure we won't win them all, we'll win some we shouldn't but that's the rub. Hard to be critical at the mo.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 16:59:17 »

Archie-Henners!

Speaking of which, Carlisle previously sieve like defence, kept a clean sheet with him making his debut at Griffin Park.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 17:00:01 »

Now for a moan about myworld (having praised them in the morning). I selected a seat in the DRS but ended up being given a seat in the Arkells! I've checked the ticket and all the order confirmation and it doesn't mention anywhere which stand you're in! How crap is that??? Those plastics coming to the CG for the first time v Chelsea won't have a clue where to go.

Hopefully just teething issues. Also, if you book over the phone I'd image you'll avoid that issue.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 17:02:52 »

Hopefully just teething issues. Also, if you book over the phone I'd image you'll avoid that issue.

Hopefully they'll sort it out. Putting the stand name on the ticket is an absolute must.

...oh, and how the hell did Crewe have 46% possession (according to the bbc) when they didn't touch the ball?
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 17:08:16 by Gnasher » Logged

Cats are better than dogs FACT
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 17:09:33 »

Prefer, lets hope he's innocent.

this
kerry red

« Reply #188 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 17:19:26 »

Wow!

That was some performance. After the first 30 minutes, which had all the intensity of a practice match kick-a-bput, we tore them to shreds time after time.

The catalyst was definitely Ranger with the first goal - superbly taken and had me thinking what Williams would have done in that situation.

Kasim is one cool dude - never flustered and never wasted a pass. Immense.

As fine an all-round performance from every player I've seen for ages.

Anyone who still thinks relegation is on the agenda can sleep well tonight.

Good to see the fans clammering to shake Cooperino's hand after the match - his stock is rising, and fast.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 17:21:15 »

Well that was rather enjoyable.

How the fuck Kasim couldn't get in a conference team's starting lineup last season is beyond me, he is pure class in his particular role. Beautiful through ball for the 1st goal as well.

Ranger was real handfull up front, Pritchard was causing them problems all day long.  Jay Mac looked solid at LB and is clearly our best option there.

Mason will get lucky if he is given his 3rd goal. I was pretty much right in line with Pritchard's shot and there didnt seem to be a touch from Mason on initial viewing.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 17:26:38 »

Kasim sounds like Navarro in the respect that he looks good playing that holding role in a three man midfield. Perhaps Kasim is even more like Navarro insofar as he's hopeless in a two man midfield?
kerry red

« Reply #191 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 17:36:06 »

If we can clear out the deadwood and maybe pull in another player before the deadline and we could be in for a decent season.

Difficult to be clear headed after a performance like that - but we would have smashed anyone today (in our league)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 17:37:21 »

Nice to see some people still moaning despite recent events. It's a comforting consistency...
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 17:52:24 »

Nice to see some people still moaning despite recent events. It's a comforting consistency...

I haven't noticed any moaning? Be better not to even highlight it and just let those people do their thing.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #194 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 18:14:48 »

In previous games we gave away chances cheaply - today we didn't. it was also nice of crewe not to press our centre halves giving them endless time to pass the ball. That really was a total rodgering - all players played well today. Ranger makes a hell of a difference and allows us to mix up play as well as offering a lot defensively. MOM though for me by a country mile was Kasim. The weight of the little ball for the 3rd was brilliant. This guy is fucking brilliant and offers a range of passing I've not seen in a long while. Pritchard looks as though he is finding his feet with increased output and workrate. He also threw a good paddy at Mason's goal but Mason did get a good touch to it.
All in all a good day's work.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: