Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Crewe Alexandra Official Matchday Thread  (Read 37272 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 16:25:56 »

What CB are we unhappy with?

Archie-Henners!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 16:26:18 »

If all else fails, moan about the food.
Or Jed's poor punctuation/grammar  Yes
chubbslovesbeer

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 16:27:41 »

It's gone approximately one thousand five hundred times better than I'd expected/feared. I'm struggling to think of anything to moan about. I'm sure some one will help me though 8)yeah mason pen miss Cheesy
Dozno9

« Reply #168 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 16:28:39 »

Well, well, well, that was pretty impressive.

I couldn't single out a bad player and although Crewe weren't great we would have beaten pretty much anyone put in front of us today. What Crewe did was allow us to play and they paid the price for it. Instead of coming and closing us down and forcing the front a la Gillingham they sat back and tried to beat us at our own game.

In allowing us time to get the ball out we were able to pass and move with speed and accuracy and some of the cross field play was immense. With the wingers forcing the wide defenders back and Ranger (who was perfection) getting into the centre backs, Mason and Luongo could bring the ball forward

The energy was terrific and people said that the fitness was key under Di Canio well these players don't give up and ran until the end when Crewe just wanted to get back on the coach.

The football played at the moment is top drawer and the players are getting better and better. All credit to Cooper, the boy's doing well.

Oh, whoever is responsible for signing Kasim has done what I believe to be the best piece of business this club has done for years.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 16:31:46 »

On that performance, Jed's pre season prediction of a title challenge may not be far off.

Superb performance. Ranger is going to be key this season.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 16:32:16 »

Well, what is there to be said?  You can only beat what is put in front of you and Crewe were pretty rank but we totally outclassed them despite only really having 10 players for the last 20 minutes, Ranger had a very impressive first half but tired badly in the second but he had done the business already.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 16:32:17 »

I like the bit when Pritchard threw a Paddy when the announcer said Mason scored the 5th. And when the Crewe right back pelted it across the pitch to take a short throw in on the Left hand side.

Everything looks so much quicker with Mason in the middle, compared to last week. And Kasim is a machine. Two Great assists.

If / when we're losing, Ranger is going to get abuse from the fans because of his languid style. But when the ball is around him in the box he lights up. Two penalties a case in point. Took his goal well.

Good game all round.

Things get better but they never get good
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 16:32:33 »

Just thinking, isn't kasim only on a year deal? If that's the case better get the pen and paper out fast.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 16:33:02 »

Great result and fully deserved
Crewe came to play football and did so until we went 2 nil up then they kinda fell apart

Kasim is a real gem of a find - his composure on the ball is superb and his flick for Masons first was top class
Cant say there was a bad player out there today - all of them played a part
Ranger makes a real difference to the front line and even Ajose looked good when came on

Scored 5, should have been 6 with the saved pen but could easily have been 7
Can only remember Crewe having 1 maybe 2 decent attempts on goal

Buzzing
Was a great game to watch
Pretty sure the team will only get better going forward - wasnt too sure how this was all gonna pan out and so far this season has exceeded my expectations

Be a toughie away to franchise but should be a great game for the tv watching neutrals
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #174 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 16:33:48 »

I don't think that was ever a 5-0 game. We passed it around really well but didn't have any intensity. I think we were clinical with the opportunities we had, but saying that Crewe offered nothing at all. Which made it look more comfortable then it should have been.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 16:34:00 »

Well this is all looking rather positive. Do we have a midweek game this week? Would be nice to finally be able to make one.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 16:34:42 »

Also worth noting Crewe had a defence line of 6 at some points in the first half. As good and as clinical we were, they were absolutely wank.

Things get better but they never get good
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 16:38:48 »

Not sure I heard Darren Ward's name on the commentary today. Says a lot!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #178 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 16:44:20 »

Not sure I heard Darren Ward's name on the commentary today. Says a lot!
I can barely remember any of our back 4 names being mentioned unless it was in attacking a corner or going forward. Sounded solid.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
woolster

« Reply #179 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 16:50:06 »

On that performance, Jed's pre season prediction of a title challenge may not be far off.

Superb performance. Ranger is going to be key this season.
agree
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: