Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Blackpool Official Matchday Thread  (Read 26130 times)
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, February 22, 2016, 14:29:19 »

About the game. I thought the new lad in the back looked decent. Did not see enough about his aerial ability but he looked composed on the ground.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Monday, February 22, 2016, 14:37:14 »

Vigs, Turnball, Doughty, Thompson, key part of the back bone of the squad at the mo, could easily not be here next season. Bear that in mind before we start getting excited for next season, just saying
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Monday, February 22, 2016, 15:02:41 »

It's as though when the injuries started clearing up, our team improved.

Fascinating.

Other than the fact that your suggestion wouldn't stand up to any scrutiny. Changes of personnel and formation have pretty much been a constant throughout the season.

So for example the side which lost early doors to Blackpool, who had maybe one home win in something like 9 months, contained 12 of the squad on show on Saturday.

3 missing  from the away display included Branco and Kasim, both who'd have probably played on Sat if fit. As Tails said a more convincing reason, is the shedding of Cooper and getting Williams back into the fold.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, February 22, 2016, 15:34:55 »

Probably one for Reg but what is the most number of times in a season we have come from behind to win, we must be close to some kind of record this season. I make 5 times so far; Bradford, Southend, Crewe x 2 and Blackpool, in recent years it's always felt a bit of a rarity for us to turn a game around to win.

It's a good question but mighty difficult to do.  

So for example Banyard's site gives scorer's times back to the start of the 80's; for earlier seasons you'd need to trawl the Adver/Pink microfilms in the Central Library.

An enjoyable pastime, in the days of the old Ref, but sadly no longer, as the kit is near to the computers and their "users" who seem to spend their time conducting shady business deals on mobile phones...the days of a stern "shhh" from the bespectacled, bun haired, lady librarian long gone.

I am interested in the least clean sheets for a season, we're currently on 4....yet to do a thorough search, but my guess that the Prem season might be the one, confirmed a similar 4.  I'll do it if that holds, hopefully it won't starting at Posh.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Monday, February 22, 2016, 15:41:02 »

Vigs, Turnball, Doughty, Thompson, key part of the back bone of the squad at the mo, could easily not be here next season. Bear that in mind before we start getting excited for next season, just saying

I think Vigs and Doughty will probably be here, Liverpool have got LOADS of keepers and I can't see that he's Championship ready yet, similarly I think Doughty would have made the break through to the QPR first team by now if it was going to happen.

Turnbull and Thompson are less likely...

Kasim will be gone, but I'm also worried about Ajose, sure to attract some suitors with his scoring record this term.
Essexred

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Monday, February 22, 2016, 16:19:32 »

Mate of mine who is a QPR season ticket holder couldn't believe we had been able to get Doughty. Seems highly rated there by many if not the manager
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, February 22, 2016, 16:36:31 »

I'm also worried about Ajose, sure to attract some suitors with his scoring record this term.
Ah, but thanks to the Football League Paper, they'll all be putting bids into a bemused Crewe so he'll be going nowhere Smiley
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Monday, February 22, 2016, 16:38:11 »

I renewed mine today along with 2 others and signed the kids up for junior red memberships for the first time. Arm and a leg spring to mind.
Quick question, all you people who say they have renewed , have you had any official notification from the club yet?  I haven't, the st holder who sits with me hadn't heard anything but my grandson's mum has had an e-mail?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #128 on: Monday, February 22, 2016, 16:57:23 »

Quick question, all you people who say they have renewed , have you had any official notification from the club yet?  I haven't, the st holder who sits with me hadn't heard anything but my grandson's mum has had an e-mail?

Have you checked all of your email folders including spam?
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Monday, February 22, 2016, 17:46:47 »

Quick question, all you people who say they have renewed , have you had any official notification from the club yet?  I haven't, the st holder who sits with me hadn't heard anything but my grandson's mum has had an e-mail?

Got an email on Saturday morning.  It was only a copy of the page from the OS.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, February 22, 2016, 19:36:19 »

Have you checked all of your email folders including spam?
Yes mate!
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Monday, February 22, 2016, 21:00:13 »

I can't really answer that as I paid at the club shop this morning. Unlike last year, a new card will be available to collect in July rather than an immediate updating of my existing card (I wonder if it will have Fanzai advertising all over it?). I did get a paper receipt for the £345.00 I handed over. My pessimistic nature means that I will have a lot of minor fretting to deal with until the moment the new card is in my hands.
Panda Paws

« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 09:48:58 »

Problem is the budget will likely have to be reduced next season if the amount of people not renewing season tickets on here is anything to go by.

Which it's not.
Panda Paws

« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 10:42:47 »

Interesting to note on the official highlights the commentator twice references our fans becoming too easily frustrated, quick to get on the back of the players, shouting "get it forward"...
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 11:34:49 »

Our fans being cunts? Well I never!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: