Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Notts County Official Matchday Thread  (Read 26269 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 08:50:08 »

This is the sort of game we usually slip up in. Doing well in the league, terrific home form against a shite side who will set out to defend. Not feeling too confident, although if we can play our game we could, potentially, win quite comfortably.

I'm going to go for 1-1.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 08:53:20 »

7-1. Confidence lads  Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #17 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 08:57:14 »

We could win easily given their form, but as Tails says this is the sort of game that we often fuck up on, that said, there is a belief in the town from the players and fans and if we hit them from the off they can not cope with how good a side we are.

Not sure it will be a very big crowd, probably about 7,215 with about 225 Maggies there.

I see on ther forum the old "disgraceful £25 entry" rears its head again, yes it is a lot of money for a league one game but if you look at the Notts site a comparable seat there is £24, just £1 less and you get to watch shit football and not the silky smooth football that you pay that extra quid for at the CG.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=402&fid=17&sty=2&act=1&mid=2112027938

Predictions from them.....a lot of them very confident they can beat us or at least get a draw.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=402&fid=17&sty=2&act=1&mid=2112031208

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 09:03:07 »

Should be a win. At home, got rid of our bugbear on the road, mason back, we should tear them a new one.

3-0. About 6995 with 212 making the trip from County. Someone told me the other day (a Forest fan...) that County and Forest actually get on alright for two teams from the same place. Is this true? It can't be surely...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 09:07:35 »

Looking forward to this tonight. Not making the mistake of sitting near forwards man again either, sat in the DRS.

3-0 to us.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 09:08:46 »

Should be a win. At home, got rid of our bugbear on the road, mason back, we should tear them a new one.

3-0. About 6995 with 212 making the trip from County. Someone told me the other day (a Forest fan...) that County and Forest actually get on alright for two teams from the same place. Is this true? It can't be surely...

So about 7,000 then?   Cheesy
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 09:15:02 »

So about 7,000 then?   Cheesy

No, ABOUT 6995. The vagueness is precise!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 09:16:21 »

Should theoretically be a home banker. A comfortable 2-0 or 3-0. But, I don't think it will be!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 09:21:26 »

Still have a soft spot for my home town club but not enough to stop me hoping we turn them over. Theyll no doubt attempt to park the bus and frustrate us so the earlier we score the better. Good to hear Mason is in contention.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 09:30:20 »

Notts County fans seem to have the same preconception as every other club in the league.. That we had financial trouble and sold all our best players & therefore aren't a strong side. Which may have been true, except for the fact we probably have some of the best individual talents in the league.

I said yesterday it might not be a wise idea to start Mason, but given his fantastic ability to create something or well, score from anywhere, he could be key against a side who I predict will sit back and try and hit us on the counter.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 09:33:32 »

Looking forward to this tonight. Not making the mistake of sitting near forwards man again either, sat in the DRS.

3-0 to us.

OOOONE OF UUUUUUUUUS

Should theoretically be a home banker. A comfortable 2-0 or 3-0. But, I don't think it will be!

Yeah, I always get nervous before a match like this that we should win-history has taught us otherwise. Stupid Swindon and your propensity for losing matches you should win...

Notts County fans seem to have the same preconception as every other club in the league.. That we had financial trouble and sold all our best players & therefore aren't a strong side. Which may have been true, except for the fact we probably have some of the best individual talents in the league.

I said yesterday it might not be a wise idea to start Mason, but given his fantastic ability to create something or well, score from anywhere, he could be key against a side who I predict will sit back and try and hit us on the counter.

I think bringing him on would be better- presuming we play the same team from the Rotters game, it'd be great to have the option of a fresh mason against a non-fresh County defence/midfield.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 09:44:28 »

Think we'll give a good hiding to these bastads! 2-1 to us in front of 7629, and a few beers in the TE bar once again! C.O.Y.Rs!!!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 10:33:47 »

Liking the evening games especially this one which will be a home win without question - hoping it won`t be as dull as the Tranmere game so my expectation is high - 2-0 or even 3-0. Will look at odds on Ranger scoring first with these final scores...bring it on.

Bathtime
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 10:54:36 »

Feeling confident, which is never a good thing. 5-0  Cheesy

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 10:56:13 »

Think we'll give a good hiding to these bastads! 2-1 to us in front of 7629, and a few beers in the TE bar once again! C.O.Y.Rs!!!

That's a bit tame, from you.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: