Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Prutton - waste of space or midfield dynamo ?  (Read 15256 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 16:52:29 »

Last night he was definitely playing as an attacking midfielder. Maybe it wasn't clear on the TV, but in the ground it was pretty obvious. As for his performances, I thought he did well last night. People moaned when he ran forward and turned round, but that was nearly always because he only had a marked Charlie Austin ahead of him.

It goes without saying that he was terrible against Posh and Bournemouth. Needs to keep playing well to keep his spot, else he'll find Ferry and Dougie in ahead of him the way things are going.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 16:58:32 »

He definitely has played his best higher up the pitch. Presuming we stick with the same side, at least against Oldham, be interesting to see if he can keep up the same work rate and level of performance for a few games on the spin.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 16:59:58 »

I watched the game last night with a neutral who thought Prutton was having a blinder. Well, he refered to Prutton as the following:

My Mate - "That Spanish guy looks a great player!"
Me - "Which Spanish guy?"
Mate - "The one who looks a bit like Jesus."
Me - "You mean David Prutton?"
Mate - "Oh......Yeah.....A typical Spanish name!"

By all accounts, Prutts hada great game, as did the rest of the lads. Fair play to him

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 17:03:02 »

A friend of mine knows the summariser bloke for Bournemouth.  He thought Prutton was our motm against them.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 18:36:44 »

If he was that good at passing he'd be playing at a higher level. He provides energy and gets involved all over the pitch. He also runs with the ball more than any other central midfielder we have. I think if he can perform to all these strengths he'd be very good.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 18:40:28 »

I watched the game last night with a neutral who thought Prutton was having a blinder. Well, he refered to Prutton as the following:

My Mate - "That Spanish guy looks a great player!"
Me - "Which Spanish guy?"
Mate - "The one who looks a bit like Jesus."
Me - "You mean David Prutton?"
Mate - "Oh......Yeah.....A typical Spanish name!"

By all accounts, Prutts hada great game, as did the rest of the lads. Fair play to him

Eh? Huh?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 18:54:03 »

Well in my opinion he was the poorest midfielder on show last night-to say he had a blinder is,frankly,ridiculous.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 19:33:35 »

The simple answer to the question is that it depends on the day.  Sometimes very good, sometimes very bad.
Coca Fola

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 19:37:09 »

He's either amazing or terrible. Never seems to have a solid 6.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 19:54:22 »

His career to date suggests a player with a lot of potential (good clubs, big fees paid for him, U21 caps a plenty) but someone who fails to live up to that.  I thought he played the role perfectly last night, and was toss the two games before when playing deep.  He started as winger didn't he? certainly seems more interested and involved the further up the pitch he plays.  I think a few games playing in the role he did last night and we'd begin to get a good player.  As harsh as it would be, Timlin would need to drop to the bench with Douglas coming back in.  McGovern can bench warm if Ritchie can be as free as he was on the right yesterday. Unless we sign a decent centre forward, I'd be happy with that set-up because it forced us to play the ball on the floor a lot more, it also meant midfielders always had an easy pass available and the centre backs could distribute the ball without fear of cocking up so much.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 21:32:08 »

If he was that good at passing he'd be playing at a higher level. He provides energy and gets involved all over the pitch. He also runs with the ball more than any other central midfielder we have. I think if he can perform to all these strengths he'd be very good.

couldn't have put it better myself.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 21:44:51 »

His discipline has held his career back....including this season with us.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 22:57:53 »

I think he's too eager to back off, which is why him playing higher up the pitch meant him looked ace. If we're playing two central midfielders i'd prefer to see Ferry and Dougie

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 23:08:49 »

Prutton played well last night, the system we played suited him.

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 23:15:45 »

Always the option of putting him on the right in a 4-4-2 as he's played there a fair bit before.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: