Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Preston North End FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36422 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 20:00:34 »

Their keeper was ropey and a disaster waiting to happen, pulled off one decent save, which is like most Goalkeepers at this level

As was Flinders despite the excellent saves he made.  Sadly in both games we failed to take advantage.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 20:10:25 »

Agree with most of what has been said on here.  PNE were far from the worst of teams this season; fairly disciplined and kept it tight.
Sloppy defending to give the goal away; both the guy who nodded down the cross and the scorer had acres of space.
It really looked like it was going to be one of those days again leading to a disappointing 0-1 loss but we stepped it up in he last 20 which was good to see.
Williams was more profligate than ever today, Raffa didn't get into the game, Jay had too many wobbly moments, Macca still gets pulled out of position too much for my liking but mostly the team played as if they wanted it s much as before dC.
Hopefully we can pick up 3 points on Tuesday before the next of our away matches against the top clubs.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 20:25:52 »

Would have preferred to be translating! I am no longer a useful part of this forum and am now considering my future.

Jay Mac is still here!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
woolster

« Reply #288 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 20:30:57 »

all the energy seems to have left with him
the team missed his energy
the comments on here are so 'ah well' we didn't lose
the spark has gone out
who is going to rekindle it!
i hope someone does soon
This is bollocks, obviously you did'nt go to tranmere tues or see the highlights, the spark was fucking massive, today was a shit game but a good point, roll on bury
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 20:40:28 »

Oh did Thor come back? I found him on facebook.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 20:43:14 »

mceveley summed it up we need "more bodies in" - we seem light on numbers, we need competition up front and desperately threadbare in midfield...... for the run in we need 2 / 3 loan players in as soon as manager situation sorted.

ewsham Robin
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 21:12:19 »

i'd like us to get a new left back in please

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 21:22:26 »

As I didnt go to the game .....

Who was barking out the orders from the touchline?
Were Miller/Ward in regular dicussion during the game?
When subs were made ... Were messages just sent from Miller/Ward to the sideline?
phelpsieboy

« Reply #293 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 21:24:38 »

As I didnt go to the game .....

Who was barking out the orders from the touchline?
Were Miller/Ward in regular dicussion during the game?
When subs were made ... Were messages just sent from Miller/Ward to the sideline?

1. No one, Pitman just sat in the dugout.
2. They just came across like their normal selves, leaders on the pitch, didn't necessarily see any more communication
3. Yea Miller passed information on to Macca to instruct Pitman on who to bring on or did hand signals to Pitman himself
phelpsieboy

« Reply #294 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 21:29:09 »

Today was a gritty game, which is why I was very pleased to get the point. PNE were very well organised and had a game plan which worked effectively, us on the other hand, we started very well, but feel we looked a bit lost after the first 15. By hoofing it kept it simple but without an effective target man up there it just didn't pay off. Ferry's passenger performance made us struggle in the middle hence why we hoofed it alot. Miller put in an astute performance and looked like his new found responsibilities spurred him on even more. Ward was a collosus as usual and Flint was by far the Man of the Match, here there and everywhere. Williams had a poor game but looked must more assured on the Left Wing and although Rooney didn't contribute much, he showed again that he knows how to put the ball in the net so I'd start Tuesday with Willo on the Left and Rooney up front. I feel when Nathan isn't at right back we lose alot of balance there, feel he is much more effective there than Macca. But all in all, a thoroughly decent point against a team with a good manager 
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #295 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 21:32:10 »

Team with no manager vs a team with a new manager, I'm happy with a point, although we deserved all 3. We need 3 or 4 loan signings desperately, the lack of depth is worrying. Fair play to Preston, good turnout and sang a bit too.
kaufman

« Reply #296 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 22:56:47 »

Did people notice probably Swindon's best 3 keepers post war were all on the same pitch today?

I think I'm right. (not including Flowers or Given here)
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 22:58:49 by kaufman » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 23:19:56 »

Did people notice probably Swindon's best 3 keepers post war were all on the same pitch today?

I think I'm right. (not including Flowers or Given here)
In terms of performances for STFC, those have to be the best three keepers.

Given shouldn't count as he only played six games (although he was excellent in fairness). Flowers as I recall, was not very good for us (apart from not playing many games).
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 23:27:01 »

Don't know why I thought of Lucas whilst best ever keepers are being mentioned but I did notice he was in goal for Fleetwood v Aldershot today. Has he played for them all season? Shots won 2-0 .
Edit; Just looked it up and it was his first game for them.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 23:30:30 by Notts red » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 23:32:37 »

He played last week as well. Came on as sub when their keeper got sent off. They lost 0-4 at home to Burton. I thought Lucas was pretty good for us to be fair though.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: