Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Preston North End FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36424 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #30 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 12:12:43 »

2-1 hard fought win. Hopefully a good atmosphere if a few whippet worriers make the journey. Tom Finney was just a shit Don Rogers.

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 12:14:49 »

Looking forward to this, and I'd like to think the crowd will be in good voice today. I can't see us winning though, so will go for 1-1.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
ChinaWhitenRed

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 12:18:15 »

4-1 to reverse the earlier embarrassment. Crowd 9999 with a rowdy bunch of Northerners making some noise.

Change must come through the barrel of a gun
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 12:18:35 »

Be a big following of around 900 Preston today so should be a crowd of around 9,650 I think.

Today will show us whether or not they were actually scared of Paolo as Alan Mac has been suggesting, holding them back at home and them playing like scared children (his words not mine).

This will show us of there was a Paolo effect or whether the players do deserve to be top of the league in their own right ignoring any Paolo input.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #34 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 12:20:05 »

Oh, also unable to call this one, it could be excellent it could be 'meh' or the players could actually be missing his leadership, we will see come 5pm.

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 12:21:27 »

Got a virus,feel rather poorly so will be missing this today sadly(for me),the last two days it feels like i have been walking through quicksand.

Tough one today.....we are there to be shot at.

To be honest after the display i witnessed at Tranmere which was full of class and character i am expecting us to win rather than hoping.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 12:25:20 »

I believe it started with Wimbledon (the lawn tennis venue, rather than the football club) being referred to by the postcode.  SW20 I think?
sw19. Did I mention my centre court tickets for this year. Well chuffed to finally get some.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 12:53:19 »

With the games happening around us, it's vital we win today. Looking foward to watching football after another manic week.

2-0 Ward and McCormack in front on 10111 and a thousand odd from PNE.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 12:57:45 »

A win today will be huge given that teams around (well, below) us will be dropping point. Wish I could go. Instead I'm working near Milton Keynes. Grim.

Oh, and whilst I was in fact out in Preston on Monday night, I was safely tucked up in bed by 4am on Tuesday morning, and wouldn't hang out on New Hall Lane if you paid me. No starjumps here!
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 13:03:08 »

Be a big following of around 900 Preston today so should be a crowd of around 9,650 I think.

Today will show us whether or not they were actually scared of Paolo as Alan Mac has been suggesting, holding them back at home and them playing like scared children (his words not mine).

This will show us of there was a Paolo effect or whether the players do deserve to be top of the league in their own right ignoring any Paolo input.

Was this in print somewhere PV?

I'll go for 2-0 for the Swindon Workers Cooperative in their first outing since the dictator overthrew himself.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #40 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 13:05:34 »

Was this in print somewhere PV?

I'll go for 2-0 for the Swindon Workers Cooperative in their first outing since the dictator overthrew himself.
Nope not in print but he said it after at least 3 games this season (Orient and Col U ring a bell) and the last one being after the Hartlepool draw at home.

wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 13:08:51 »

Ok. Not checking you. I wouldn't have been/be surprised to see something like that.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #42 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 13:19:20 »

Ok. Not checking you. I wouldn't have been/be surprised to see something like that.
To be brutally honest I am a bit fed up with Alan Macs constant criticising of the team, even when I have been to a game and seen with my own eyes that we played fairly well he still always finds something to moan about, it is never ever in praise of the team and he always had bad things to say about Paolo.

I loved him as a player but as a manager/coach/pundit he does only ever see the negative in things.

GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 13:20:47 »

i really do think the players were playing with fear and this is a chance for them to express themselves more , on the other hand the discipline that paolo has installed may slip and we go to pieces . We will find out soon.
It is though , time for US to start giving the players more credit and appreciation  instead the god like praise handed to our once great leader (albeit deserved ). COME ON TOWN

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 13:20:59 »

I understand PNEThor will be at the game.  Bye

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: