Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Douglas to stay?  (Read 40769 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 15:28:47 »

Another gutless fuck who can't stand up and try to make amends.  Even worse as he was captain.

I normally give past players a good reception, but most of the lot that have just left will get stick.

Gutless worms.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 15:53:17 »

Anyone would think we'd lost Pele,not a misfiring centre mid who was fucking rubbish last season.
 As long as Di canio doesn't keep fucking off to Italy there is no need to panic yet.
Plenty of time for players to come in.
All f em could fuck off and it wouldn't matter. Players who got us relegated to the basement league are of no real loss.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 15:58:55 »

I'm dissapointed he hasn't decided to stay with us after all the talk in the past few weeks suggested otherwise. He would be a very good player in L2. But to be honest in saying that last season he was poor. As a captain he was also poor. We've probably got a big earner off the wage bill. At the end of the day he's is better than L2 and to be quite honest the way some of our fans are he probably sees moving on as a better option. I'd imagine he's had plenty of tweets today calling him a cunt. I'm sure those same people loved him yesterday. That's how pathetic some of our fans are.

I wish him luck for next season anyway. We're having the clear out which doesn't bother me but what worries me is that clear outs can sometimes mean disasters the following season where teams take plenty of time to gel.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 16:04:56 by Iffy's Onion Bhaji » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 16:02:06 »

Do you honestly think if Dougie played well last season we wouldn't have been relegated?

No, but a player of Douglas supposed calibre should have still been able to stand out in a shit side (see Scott Parker at West Ham)

He didnt, partly because he isnt as good as most thing and secondly because he doesnt have the balls for a fight.

Do I care he's going - no a single bit. I've said from May I'd gut the whole squad. The only disappointing thing was the fact Douglas said he wanted to stay and has completely gone back on his own words. Now obviously this was before his new contract was offered and I can understand him not wanting to burn his bridges with us - but state you will stay when you wont. He could have at least put some sort of spin on it.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 16:06:16 »

No, but a player of Douglas supposed calibre should have still been able to stand out in a shit side (see Scott Parker at West Ham)

He didnt, partly because he isnt as good as most thing and secondly because he doesnt have the balls for a fight.

Do I care he's going - no a single bit. I've said from May I'd gut the whole squad. The only disappointing thing was the fact Douglas said he wanted to stay and has completely gone back on his own words. Now obviously this was before his new contract was offered and I can understand him not wanting to burn his bridges with us - but state you will stay when you wont. He could have at least put some sort of spin on it.

We're not going to replace Douglas with anyone who is better than him. Not in League 2 anyway.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 16:08:54 »

We're not going to replace Douglas with anyone who is better than him. Not in League 2 anyway.
well that cant be said about Pericard, Aob, Prutton, Rose
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 16:09:24 »

Do we really need to though? I mean Ferry is good for L2, Timlin is alright.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 16:10:27 »

Better to have Douglas than not though? No.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 16:11:43 »

Simon Ferry will do nicely as a replacement.

Hell, even Timlin did a better job last season.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 16:12:12 »

well that cant be said about Pericard, Aob, Prutton, Rose

Who said I wanted them to stay?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 16:12:37 »

Depends what Douglas IMO. Sure he's a good player and we know he is but last season his heart wasn't in it. Maybe we'd have seen the same again this season? Who knows?

What we do know now is that he isn't going to be here so at the end of the day it doesn't really matter either way.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 16:13:20 »

Who said I wanted them to stay?
never said you did was just saying that they can be replaced with better players, unlike douglas
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 16:14:35 »

that will depend on how we spend the money....
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 16:15:45 »

never said you did was just saying that they can be replaced with better players, unlike douglas

Yeah, I'm not too fussed about those going, Douglas would run riot in League 2. Last season's performance doesn't change that.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 16:17:00 »

that will depend on how we spend the money....

Can't see it tbh. You never know.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: