Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ian Holloway  (Read 4761 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, January 25, 2005, 11:37:16 »

Just about to get a new deal at QPR.  Fair play to him, I've always liked the bloke seems to be an heart on your sleeve kinda fella and hope he continues to do well at Loftus Road.
faringdingdong

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2005, 12:56:50 »

Quote from: "janaage77"
Just about to get a new deal at QPR.  Fair play to him, I've always liked the bloke seems to be an heart on your sleeve kinda fella and hope he continues to do well at Loftus Road.

He is quite possibly the funniest managers in footie too, some of his quotes make absolutely no sense at all, genius.

We wanna go somewhere else. We're not threatened by people anymore. All our insecurities have evaporated. We're in the clouds now. We're wide open. We're spacemen orbiting the earth. The world looks beautiful from here, man.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 02:33:01 »

Good news for us too, as there were rumours Diaz could be off to QPR at the end of the season.
Piemonte

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 11:38:05 »

Ian holloway is the most amusing manager in the country, exept maybe for Mourinho
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 11:42:18 »

i would say mourinio is more arrogant than funny. ian holloway reminds me a bit of david brent. did anyone see that documentry they did on him on bbc?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 11:42:22 »

Strachan was pretty entertaining during his post match interviews.

"Gordon can we have a quick word"

"Sure, velocity"
Piemonte

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 11:56:53 »

Strachan was pretty entertaining during his post match interviews.

"Gordon can we have a quick word"

"Sure, velocity"

classic!

I dont think mourinho is arrogant, he just knows he's really really good. His track record suggests he has plenty to shout his mouth off about.

Some of his comments crease me up and I like the fact that he gets under fergies skin
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 12:00:13 »

Mourinho is a legend. The best manager in the world, maybe even better than Andy King. :shock:
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 12:02:29 »

yeah the way he annoys fergie is funny. he is funny in an arrogant way. brilliant manager though
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 12:51:48 »

strachan is the best pundit in football IMO. he is quick witted and really plays Alan Hansen down. He knows that all of the other pundits talk a load of bollocks! The way he analyses the game is also second to none
Dazzza

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 12:54:40 »

Holloway comes across as a simpleton but he does amuse and he must be getting something right.

Piemonte

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 12:57:32 »

I think its just the brizzle accent.

Prof Stephen hawkins would sound like a retard if his voice thingy was set to bristolian
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 13:05:37 »

Ian Holloway has three kids and they are all deaf apparently, something called Glue Ear.

Not an attempt at a joke, just a rather sad fact.

When I sad, I don't mean pathetic or boring, I just mean sad.

Top manager though.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 13:10:17 »

I saw the programme about him and his heart rate, it showed his daughters on there having arguements with him.  They said they can't understand why he shouts at them because they can't here him!!  He came across as a really nice bloke.  

Also at Loftus last season he clapped us Swindon fans who stayed behind to clap the QPR team and got the QPR fans to clap us too.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 13:21:32 »

I saw the programme about him and his heart rate, it showed his daughters on there having arguements with him.  They said they can't understand why he shouts at them because they can't here him!!  He came across as a really nice bloke.  

Also at Loftus last season he clapped us Swindon fans who stayed behind to clap the QPR team and got the QPR fans to clap us too.
yeah thats the programme i was on about
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: