Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rochdale FC vs Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 44171 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 22:25:16 »

Good point, well made

You immature fat cunt Smiley
Samdy's not immature Smiley
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 22:54:01 »

That's debatable.
BelfastRobin

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 22:54:39 »

Thought we did ok today, look a real threat going forward. But unless we sort out our defence we aren't going anywhere this season, such a shame because we look really dangerous and have a lot of goals in us.

Few things I noticed

LJF - liability, I'm sorry I really want to like him but i can't, he is far too error prone and he exerts zero confidence as well, but he does do some things well, but he needs to cut out the mistakes, we can't afford it.

Morrison - Seems to struggle with most aspects of defending which aren't aerial. And he wasn't that good in the air today...

Cuthbert - not a right back, but the best CB we have

Rose - Top quality! Heavily involved in a lot of our build-up, so good going forward....what a stunning free-kick as well! Sheehan must be wondering how he's ever going to get to take a free-kick again, never mind get a game!

Ritchie - Great wee player, narrow pitch didn't suit though.

Dougie - God

Prutton - Great 2nd half, driving force in midfield. Could be a big player for us this season.

Timlin - Didn't put a foot wrong, nice to see him get a goal. Unlucky to be taken off, but we needed more dynamicity going forward

Charlie - God

Dossevi - struggled at times, but I do like him, he has a lot to offer I feel. We needed a Pericard today I think because they were physical at the back

Whoever started the "2-1 and you fucked it up" please don't do it again, fuckin hate that song, we always concede after it as well

Town fans in good voice tho, they're support was woeful!

Bloody great to see that fine man Danny Ward as well. Sorry for the long post!

"Eric Sabin - the new Thierry Henry"
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 01:10:02 »

After the world's longest trip home, I agree With Belfast's post bar Charlie didn't do too much today, bar that cracking goal, but I think that may have been to do with him getting kicked early on. Cracking day out though, bar having too sit with a train full of clueless man u fans all the way home that live in the suburb of manchester called  london. Pricks
BelfastRobin

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 01:43:10 »

I agree that Charlie didn't have a great game today. He didn't put himself into tackles and about as much as he usually does and his build-up play was not as tidy as it can be.

But then again maybe we have just come to have such high expectations for him, cos at the end of the day he scored a great goal and got us back into the game.

Today just shows, that even when Charlie ain't on his game and gettin the required service he still has the quality and predatory instincts to get us back into games.

"Eric Sabin - the new Thierry Henry"
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 06:08:11 »

Charlie took his goal really well, but apart from that looked a little off the pace.

Prutton was imperious! How Flash can even liken The Great Man to Owain fucking Tudor Fucking Jones is close to blasphemy!

We all know the reason (And I'm sure DW does too) but it is our defence that's costing us points. We are scoring goals from everywhere but lack the ability to keep it tight at the back. If this can be rectified we'll fly.

Excellent parking space today, literally right outside the ground! two delicious meat and potato pies consumed and a couple of cheap pints quenched in the snug at the Church Inn. 3 points would've made it perfect.

500 plus miles round trip was worth it though just for Rosie's free kick! 

It's All Good..............
adje

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 09:14:02 »

Thought we did ok today, look a real threat going forward. But unless we sort out our defence we aren't going anywhere this season, such a shame because we look really dangerous and have a lot of goals in us.

Few things I noticed

LJF - liability, I'm sorry I really want to like him but i can't, he is far too error prone and he exerts zero confidence as well, but he does do some things well, but he needs to cut out the mistakes, we can't afford it.

Morrison - Seems to struggle with most aspects of defending which aren't aerial. And he wasn't that good in the air today...

Cuthbert - not a right back, but the best CB we have

Rose - Top quality! Heavily involved in a lot of our build-up, so good going forward....what a stunning free-kick as well! Sheehan must be wondering how he's ever going to get to take a free-kick again, never mind get a game!

Ritchie - Great wee player, narrow pitch didn't suit though.

Dougie - God

Prutton - Great 2nd half, driving force in midfield. Could be a big player for us this season.

Timlin - Didn't put a foot wrong, nice to see him get a goal. Unlucky to be taken off, but we needed more dynamicity going forward

Charlie - God

Dossevi - struggled at times, but I do like him, he has a lot to offer I feel. We needed a Pericard today I think because they were physical at the back

Whoever started the "2-1 and you fucked it up" please don't do it again, fuckin hate that song, we always concede after it as well

Town fans in good voice tho, they're support was woeful!

Bloody great to see that fine man Danny Ward as well. Sorry for the long post!

"dynamicity" Smiley

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 10:13:22 »

LJF - liability, I'm sorry I really want to like him but i can't, he is far too error prone and he exerts zero confidence as well, but he does do some things well, but he needs to cut out the mistakes, we can't afford it

I like Lecs too, but  for yesterday his CV will read. First goal, fell on his arse and handballed it. 2nd Goal, fell on his arse and gave their stirker a free shot. 3rd goal deflected into the path of Jones/Morrison to head in the equaliser, not his greatest series of events. Coupled with the slip against ColU that led to Smith almost fumbling in,  someone should make sure he's actually got studs in his boots.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 10:22:29 »

After the world's longest trip home, I agree With Belfast's post bar Charlie didn't do too much today, bar that cracking goal, but I think that may have been to do with him getting kicked early on. Cracking day out though, bar having too sit with a train full of clueless man u fans all the way home that live in the suburb of manchester called  london. Pricks

If I was going to be ultra picky, I would have to point out that the Swindon suburb of Sutton was one I was previously unaware of.  Point taken about the pricks though.   Wink
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 10:28:17 »

I realise the irony in that, but It was comments like "where's Blackpool"? and "What's it like being the only Swindon fan on the train"? 3 hours with a bunch of gibbering morons tested even my legandary placid nature i tell you! Never had a clue about Football or Manchester for that matter.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #430 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 10:57:59 »

"dynamicity" Smiley

I was just thinking thats probably the first time I have read that word on this forum, and certainly in a match report! sweeeeet Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 11:05:32 »

What was Rose like defensively yesterday? He's been defensively appalling every time I've seen him and not worth the positives he brings going forwards given that Sheehan is a great attacking full back as well, but can actually defend. If he can sort that out, fine, but otherwise, free kicks or not, we should have Sheehan back in there.

Once we can get people fit and we can have Amankwaah, Cuthbert, Frampton and Sheehan at the back, we'll be fine. Morrison, Lescinel, Rose and Caddis pushing those four.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 11:15:35 »

What was Rose like defensively yesterday? He's been defensively appalling every time I've seen him and not worth the positives he brings going forwards given that Sheehan is a great attacking full back as well, but can actually defend. If he can sort that out, fine, but otherwise, free kicks or not, we should have Sheehan back in there.

Once we can get people fit and we can have Amankwaah, Cuthbert, Frampton and Sheehan at the back, we'll be fine. Morrison, Lescinel, Rose and Caddis pushing those four.

Was out of position for the 3rd goal. Can't remember anything else though. Have to say I thought he was pretty damn good yesterday bar that. Deffo keeping Sheehan out of the side. I think our bigger worries are the 2 current CBs in Morrison and LJF.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 11:16:06 »

Frampton wont be back..hopefully,nothing against him but what did he bring to the team at Yeovil?
Makes me laugh really because most wouldnt have Sheehan and Amankwah starting...just shows how we all see it differently.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #434 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 11:22:03 »

Was out of position for the 3rd goal. Can't remember anything else though. Have to say I thought he was pretty damn good yesterday bar that. Deffo keeping Sheehan out of the side. I think our bigger worries are the 2 current CBs in Morrison and LJF.

Sheehan was filling the left back position for the 3rd goal. He got caught out by the ball to left.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: