Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rochdale FC vs Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 44191 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 21:19:46 »

Hell, we should never have let Don Rogers go to Crystal Palace.

Cheesy
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 21:24:23 »

the offer he shouldnt have received until we'd agreed a fee?

Not these days with agents around...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 21:26:00 »

regardless, we still refused to even enter negotiations.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #408 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 21:30:13 »

It's relevant but it's hardly constructive. What you really want to be doing is looking ahead and thinking how can we rectify the aspects of our team which are causing these performances. Getting Greer back is a solution but not an option. We've burnt that bridge so we need to forget about it.

It's a bit like an old boy in my day speech. Things move on and turning the clock back is not possible unless you invent a DeLorean time machine.

It's also like people moaning about Dossevi, Pericard being crap etc. We're scroing a lot of goals at the moment and our attacking game has really come on. A month or so back we needed a consistent centre forward to solve our woes. Turns out we don't. Wilson is starting to find a system and the personnel to fit it, I'm sure January will throw some interesting possibilities into the mix.
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 21:30:29 »

GREER has gone lets move on
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 21:30:47 »

Just got back as well.

We need a talker at the back. Disappointed to draw that one after getting back in the game. Defence found their centre forward a handfull once again we struggled against a big lad up front but I am sure in time our young defence will get better. Not sure about Cuthbery at right back to be honest.

Prutton looks better game by game and was the player to get us back in it. Town MOM by a mile today.

Rose free kick worth the journey and loved the celebrations running over to the Town fans. Sadly once again we let it slip with Sheehan lapse of concentration.

But hey ho not out of the race and anyone can beat anyone in this league.

Wilson Out - Fuck off and let him manage the team as we will get there.

Great vocal support from the Town fans today but my 7 year old now knows that Cunt and Fuck are football terrace words that Mum's should not be told about.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 21:32:12 »

That was Cuthbert by the way. Smiley
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 21:32:29 »

Yeah but its all still relevant isnt it. If we'd sorted the issues I pointed out in July then they wouldnt still be outstanding.

And if your mum and dad hadn't done that fateful deed one night 25+ years ago, there'd be one less moaning git in the world.

It's all relevant.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 21:36:18 »

And if your mum and dad hadn't done that fateful deed one night 25+ years ago, there'd be one less moaning git in the world.

It's all relevant.

Good point, well made

You immature fat cunt Smiley
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 21:38:09 »

Just got back as well.

We need a talker at the back. Disappointed to draw that one after getting back in the game. Defence found their centre forward a handfull once again we struggled against a big lad up front but I am sure in time our young defence will get better. Not sure about Cuthbery at right back to be honest.

Prutton looks better game by game and was the player to get us back in it. Town MOM by a mile today.

Rose free kick worth the journey and loved the celebrations running over to the Town fans. Sadly once again we let it slip with Sheehan lapse of concentration.

But hey ho not out of the race and anyone can beat anyone in this league.

Wilson Out - Fuck off and let him manage the team as we will get there.

Great vocal support from the Town fans today but my 7 year old now knows that Cunt and Fuck are football terrace words that Mum's should not be told about.

3rd goal wasn't Sheenhan's fault...he was playing LM and was in position. It was Rose that went missing and LJF who failed to get over and cover in time. That left JD having to cover but because it was left late he had no time to stop the cross going in.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #415 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 21:41:07 »

RE: Greer

Whether you're of the pessimistic or optimistic persuasion, it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that we needed to replace Greer adequately (regardless of the events surrounding his departure).

Danny Wilson, for his sins, decided to keep a little faith with his current squad members and it unfortunately hasn't paid off.

...It's a case of "over to you Swindon Town F.C." (and please sort it out soon) because the toing-and-froing on this subject is dull.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #416 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 21:43:36 »

I see we're back on the Greer subject againEmo

We weren't that bad and on reflection 3-3 was a good result. If you'd actually gone to the game you would realise we're not that shit. We're a decent CB away from being play-off contenders again. It's all well and good sat behind your keyboard making generalisations about players when you haven't actually seen them play or the mistakes they've supposedly made.

As for the game, Morrision looked off his game and missed a fair few headers by jumping under the ball. Cuthbert got turned inside out by Adams all afternoon and Charlie didn't look sharp after he took a knock on the ankle in the first half.

I'm blaming the defeat solely on the dicks who started the "2-1 and you fucked it" chant. Bunch of stupid cunts.

On a positive note, Steve got a fucking AWESOME parking space.
Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 21:46:01 »

Buggeration. Couldn't go to go so was listening to game while doing some early Christmas shopping and having made something of a spectacle of myself in ToysRUs when we took the lead with Rose's free kick, was gutted to concede just after I'd got thru the till.

Clearly we should NEVER allow a ginger to start a matchday thread, whether they're hurriedly crowned retrospectively or not. That's our real problem this season - we haven't adequately replaced KoT
crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 22:09:41 »

Just finished my chips!  First of the day, didn't fancy the Rochdale ones.  Did though have a choice between watering holes called 'The Church' and 'The Cemetery Hotel'.  Not classy, but ok.

Haven't read through the whole thread, like the highlights later, I might stop when it gets to 3-2 to pretend the outcome was different.  Only read views from the Duke, DRS and few others.

Definitely had Prutton for motm, two great runs into the box, pity we couldn't capitalise on those.  Worried about Ball coming on, but thought he did well, ran at the Rochdale defence and probably should have scored with shot across the box at 2-1 down.   Rose and free-kicks, how does he do it? On the money every time.   In short, loads of chances, Charlie could have made it 4-3 with a header past the post in about 90+4.

But oh our defending.  I guess Danny knows like the rest of us that you can't concede this number of goals every game and be hope to be challenging for promotion.     Not sure what the answer is though.  thought Cuthbert did ok on the right, but Rose gets/or allows himself to get pulled into the centre a lot, leaving us exposed on the left - see their third goal.

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 22:10:38 »

Good point, well made

You immature fat cunt Smiley

Ouch.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: