Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rochdale FC vs Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 44165 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 19:08:04 »

How many Town fans there cib.....good atmosphere?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 19:09:01 »

There was a lot more to the reasoning behind Greer leaving and from what I have heard it was inevitable that he would go, he had pissed a lot of players and staff off, Cuthbert being one of them.

DW indicated that last week. Greer was also offered more money, and a longer contract that we couldn't match, so they took the money and let Greer leave.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 19:13:37 »

Greer was our captain, off the back of a good season (team and individually) he has one year left to run AND had interest in him from another club. How is that not the right time to sit down with him and discuss a contract with him? That is exactly the time to do it and we didnt.

Maybe we knew we couldnt match the sort of contract Brighton were offering?

Lets not be naive about this, Greer and his agent would have been well aware of what was on offer from Brighton well before he made the move. Unless we matched their terms he wouldnt have signed anyway, and if we did smash our wage structure to keep him you'd have a queue of other players banging on the managers door wanting similar pay rises.

Last season our defence was better than it has been this season, but it was still the weakest part of the team so changes were needed anyway. We havent found the right formula yet but if we do we're as good as anybody in this league.

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 19:16:47 »

for a player that pissed people off(allegedly, not my view)he did a fucking good job of organising the defence and leading the team.
some of you need to look at the reality and take the blinkers off.

leefer.put yourself in this position....imagine you are on a grand a week guaranteed for a year, and you get offered double that for 3 years from a new company.you go to your boss and say this is what is offered can we sort soemthing out to stay here?your boss says we will not discuss anything.what would you do?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 19:22:35 »

I understand what Dave is saying....but my feeling is that there were off field problems...why else would you sell your captain.
As i keep saying if you have attacking defenders....Rose,Sheehan,JFL etc you will always concede goals.....i like Morrison a lot....i know others are unsure...fair enough.

Still think it could be a good season for us.

Ref arriba.....if is a big word........why wouldn't the manager put an offer on the table for his captain?....the club had there reasons for letting him go........good player yes.......our saviour a deffo no.
cib

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 19:22:55 »

How many Town fans there cib.....good atmosphere?

A fair few - 300 or so?! Not sure as we were spread over 3/4 of the length of the pitch. A decent turn out for a northern side, even if there are only a few of them this season.

Atmosphere was poor, "the dale" only had 2000 and only sang when they went 2-1 up and 3-3. Town weren't too bad, some lads tried to get things going - especially when we got back to 2-2 and then ahead at 3-2, but tempted fate by singing 2-1 up and you fucked it up.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 19:24:18 »

A fair few - 300 or so?! Not sure as we were spread over 3/4 of the length of the pitch. A decent turn out for a northern side, even if there are only a few of them this season.

Atmosphere was poor, "the dale" only had 2000 and only sang when they went 2-1 up and 3-3. Town weren't too bad, some lads tried to get things going - especially when we got back to 2-2 and then ahead at 3-2, but tempted fate by singing 2-1 up and you fucked it up.

Well fair play to you and everyone who went.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 19:26:13 »

no way with greer in the side would we have conceded 31 goals to date. I say again until we get a leader at the back then mid table is the best we can hope for

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 19:26:21 »

wilson wanted him to stay.fitton thought it was good business and wouldn't discuss a new contract.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 19:26:21 »

we sold our captain to make a profit on him.

why wouldnt the board put an offer on the table, because it wasnt October.
nochee

« Reply #385 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 19:26:34 »

Don't take it out on vic. He was generally quite good today I thought.

He was great, right up until the end. Then he pissed me off.

nochee

« Reply #386 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 19:29:41 »

a draw away from home is a decent result.
look,we are not as good as last year and will not go up or down.
either get used to it, or call for the managers head-chairman to buy quality.i'll go with the former and have been used to it for months now.

Where is the fun in just accepting averageness? If everyone did just that, then this forum would be pretty dull, i think anyway.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 19:32:03 »

why wouldnt the board put an offer on the table, because it wasnt October.

Because the offer Greer had was more than we were prepared to offer, so we took the £250k.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 19:37:04 »

Where is the fun in just accepting averageness? If everyone did just that, then this forum would be pretty dull, i think anyway.

i accept it as it's what we are getting and will continue to get this season.that doesn't mean i like it...
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 20:08:44 »

Just got back. Have to say a draw was probably fair. Wasn't much between the 2 sides. I thought that perhaps if we stepped up an extra geer we would have won the game without much hassle. The goals we conceded were dissapointing. It was handball for the first but wasn't really anyones fault. We were just trying to block the ball into the box and sadly it came off a hand. The 2nd was poor. I don't know if LJF slipped or what but he let their man through and it was on a plate for him from there. 3rd goal was a real shame. We showed great fight to get ahead when 2-1 down but we lost concentration for their 3rd. I don't know where Rose went but he certainly wasn't where he should have been. We allowed them to get a ball in the box and anything can happen from there.

Deffo not a bad performance though. Same old story really. We scored 2 good goals and got a bit of luck with the rebound for the first but we gift the oppostion goals every week. If we cut it out we'll be winning games very often. The football is getting a lot better from us. Oh and Danny Ward was there apparently. Or at least a bloke that looked like him.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: