Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rochdale FC vs Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 44192 times)
Coca Fola

« Reply #360 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 18:23:17 »

Maybe Fitton can use his approach to sign a CB, watch him grow and sell him.

Please...?
Isn't he already trying to do this with Cuthbert, Morrison and LJF? They've all been bought cheaply and are still young.

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 18:23:25 »

greer didn't want to leave.it's not his fault a 3 year contract was on the table and his current club wouldn't even have a conversation about a new contract.he was right to leave for his own best interests.fuck all to do with greed....
Panda Paws

« Reply #362 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 18:25:53 »

Both Morrison and JFL are good center backs.

Morrison has the potential to be a good defender, but our goals against tally and shocking errors would suggest you are wrong.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 18:28:09 »

Two good centre backs dont always make a good centre back pairing. Even more so when those two centre backs are both young.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 18:37:13 »

greer didn't want to leave.it's not his fault a 3 year contract was on the table and his current club wouldn't even have a conversation about a new contract.he was right to leave for his own best interests.fuck all to do with greed....

arribba....theres no way the Town wouldnt have offered a new contract when the club felt right...its not down to players and there agents to demand when a contract is set before them...fact is he showed no loyalty to the club who rescued him from the scrapheap...incidently Brighton let in two today,two in the week and three the week before at fucking Hartlepool.....anyone who thinks one player makes a defence is deluded.

Last three games they have conceded 7 goals....good player he was no doubt but to sugest he would be the player stopping these goals?...not for me.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 18:38:55 »

but we didnt offer him a new deal, which blows everything you said out of the water.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 18:39:44 »

There was a lot more to the reasoning behind Greer leaving and from what I have heard it was inevitable that he would go, he had pissed a lot of players and staff off, Cuthbert being one of them.

Instead of harking on about the reasons Greer went we should be harking on about a lack of adequate replacement.

IMO the right decision was made with regards to him going if what I have heard is true, but the fact that the money recieved wasn't invested back into getting a decent replacement is a major failure in regards to the board/manager/club.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 18:44:22 »

Whilst I agree with the comments about a replacement. If we didnt sell him we wouldnt have needed a replacement.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 18:45:03 »

but we didnt offer him a new deal, which blows everything you said out of the water.

Why should we when he had a year left.......fuck off harking on about Greer,,if you like him that much fuck off and watch him....people forget his shocking challenge at Charlton that nearly cost us...if we had lost at Charlton you would all be calling him a cunt...as i said good player but good riddance if he can't show a bit of loyalty.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 18:46:07 »

Changing the subject.

Who is out of contract at the end of the season? And if we havent tied them down are they free to talk to other clubs in January?
cib

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 18:50:49 »

Got back half hour ago, living in Manchester this was my first proper look at the team this season, bar the rovers game on the tv. Pretty disappointed to be honest. We seemed to be content with lumping it forward for large periods of the first and second half. When we finally got it down and played football we looked a decent side.

The penalty - LJF goes down to stop the cross and the ball strikes his hand. The ref seemed to gesture it was a penalty because his hand was in the air - I'm pretty sure its a natural thing when you go to slide along the ground that your arm/hand stays in the air, not tucked in to your body?! The lino gave it anyway. It wasn't deliberate, but its one we would have been disappointed with if we didn't get the penalty.

Our defending - the second and third goals were extremely poor. Morrison won a couple headers today but not enough. Their guy backed in and was stronger. I don't think he judges the flight of the ball well, as seen for the second goal and LJF wasn't strong enough and let their guy turn easy.

Charlie didn't have his greatest game I don't think yet scored a well taken goal, Prutton made Rose's third goal and took some pressure off us with some strong runs.

This point away from home is a decent result if we go to Notts County and win, especially seeing we should have won today. I'd even take a draw on Tuesday for the sake of a decent result on Friday. Plenty to work on in the meantime.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 18:54:26 »

Why should we when he has one year left? ummm thats exactly the time you discuss contracts so they arent in danger of running out? You leave it too late and other teams show an interest and its too late. Would Paynter be here now if we'd sat down with him in July instead of waiting till October?

Greer was our captain, off the back of a good season (team and individually) he has one year left to run AND had interest in him from another club. How is that not the right time to sit down with him and discuss a contract with him? That is exactly the time to do it and we didnt.

You put a new contract infront of him in July and he signs it great, none of this happens and we dont get into November having not replaced him. He doesnt sign, right we know he doesnt want to be here and we sell him but at least we fucking tried.

Where as we just gave up and sold our captain because we were too stubborn to open contract talks with him. I said it then and I'll say it now - thats a fucking ridiculous policy and has possible cost us the services of two players.

Loyalty works both ways - we showed him how loyal we were by refusing to discuss a new contract.

...oh and I'll hark on about whatever the fuck I like.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 18:55:09 »

Got back half hour ago, living in Manchester this was my first proper look at the team this season, bar the rovers game on the tv. Pretty disappointed to be honest. We seemed to be content with lumping it forward for large periods of the first and second half. When we finally got it down and played football we looked a decent side.

The penalty - LJF goes down to stop the cross and the ball strikes his hand. The ref seemed to gesture it was a penalty because his hand was in the air - I'm pretty sure its a natural thing when you go to slide along the ground that your arm/hand stays in the air, not tucked in to your body?! The lino gave it anyway. It wasn't deliberate, but its one we would have been disappointed with if we didn't get the penalty.

Our defending - the second and third goals were extremely poor. Morrison won a couple headers today but not enough. Their guy backed in and was stronger. I don't think he judges the flight of the ball well, as seen for the second goal and LJF wasn't strong enough and let their guy turn easy.

Charlie didn't have his greatest game I don't think yet scored a well taken goal, Prutton made Rose's third goal and took some pressure off us with some strong runs.

This point away from home is a decent result if we go to Notts County and win, especially seeing we should have won today. I'd even take a draw on Tuesday for the sake of a decent result on Friday. Plenty to work on in the meantime.

Good post...how was Smith in goal?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 18:58:18 »

Good post...how was Smith in goal?

He let 3 in, so evidently shit Wink
cib

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 19:02:46 »

Smith's distribution from goal kicks wasn't great - a couple of occasions it went straight out for a throw. But to be honest he didn't have that much to do - only had to make a couple of saves but didn't look too convincing with one of them. Thats not to say he had a bad game though, your keeper is only as strong as the 4/10 in front of him.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: