Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: the youths  (Read 3023 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 21:59:31 »

At least with the current set of youngsters (Caton, Lapham, Holgate, Pook) I dont bump into them in nightclubs every weekend getting drunk and using the 'Im a footballer line' on every woman they see or any bloke who has the nerve to walk in front of them. Unlike such recent youth teamers as Alan Young & Luke Garrard just to name two...
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, May 14, 2005, 04:02:45 »

Give it time.

I use the same line.

YR-"Hello Im a footballer"

Lovely lady-"fuck off fatty"
 Cool

/
W56196272
unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, May 14, 2005, 08:45:00 »

Quote from: "deanored"
Quote from: "nozza"
Lapham sounds promising.  I hope we get to keep that 13 year old who Chelsea are supposedly tracking.  I would like to see the youth teamers more involved next year.
personally if we had the kids and finished 12th next season i would be happy rather than buy nobodys and struggle,although i got a sneaky feeling king may suprise us again like two yrs ago
We can't afford to buy anyone.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, May 14, 2005, 09:51:25 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Give it time.

I use the same line.

YR-"Hello Im a footballer"

Lovely lady-"fuck off fatty"
 Cool

you should play the ronnie o'sullivan line surely?  Wink  Cheesy

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, May 14, 2005, 09:53:19 »

we can all hope he pulls something out of the hat!
red macca

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, May 15, 2005, 19:39:57 »

Quote from: "deanored"
Lapham sounds promising.  I hope we get to keep that 13 year old who Chelsea are supposedly tracking.  I would like to see the youth teamers more involved next year.
personally if we had the kids and finished 12th next season i would be happy rather than buy nobodys and struggle,although i got a sneaky feeling king may suprise us again like two yrs ago
We can't afford to buy anyone.
thats what we thought 2 yrs ago mooney,igoe,evans,smith,o,hanlon,howard were all free werent they
santini

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, May 15, 2005, 20:32:06 »

Quote from: "le god cuervo"
like i said in another post, holgate is destined to become the swindon ronaldinho!
Too slow to get going at the moment but could work on that.
DH

« Reply #22 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 00:34:05 »

Only saw home games so might not have as good a view as others but for me:
Lapham: looked very accomplished & might turn into a good player.
Holgate: Again I'd like to see him given more of a chance
Caton: Disapointed after all the hype - many on forums saying play him rather than get someone on loan.  A bit out of his depth - but no surprise at his age.  Needs to be brought in for experience in well chosen games i.e. not against highly experienced centre halves.  Could be great in the future.
Pook: Struck me as very average.  OK.  Tried hard.  Good as Herring but not as good as someone like Robbo.  I'd be surprised if he really makes it.

Bottom line is Reg has it spot on.  These kids are not going to change our world & certainly not if they're thrown into the action week after week.  Garrard looked pretty good to me but the more time he spent in the team, the poorer he became.  Similar with Nicholas to be fair.

It's a tough & difficult balance which I hope we achieve - but let's not expect too much or demand that we field our U19 team every week.
McLovin

« Reply #23 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 10:34:02 »

Pook is always out on the piss! He told the Adver how he spent the Saturday night after his debut in front of the telly with his parents, when i saw him off his face in Poonies.

If some of the youth team put some effort into looking after themselves, they might have more of a chance...
Marie

« Reply #24 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 10:53:48 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
Pook is always out on the piss! He told the Adver how he spent the Saturday night after his debut in front of the telly with his parents, when i saw him off his face in Poonies.

If some of the youth team put some effort into looking after themselves, they might have more of a chance...

All youth team are in Po Na Na every saturday, thats why i tend to avoid it now, a few of them do think highly of themselves.
Asher

« Reply #25 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 13:11:57 »

Werent you in there on saturday night marie?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 13:35:28 »

Quote from: "DH"
Caton: Disapointed after all the hype - many on forums saying play him rather than get someone on loan.  A bit out of his depth - but no surprise at his age.  Needs to be brought in for experience in well chosen games i.e. not against highly experienced centre halves.  Could be great in the future.

Unless he fills out and gets a lot stronger over the next couple of years he won't have a chance, he's talented enough with the ball at his feet and he's got a bit of pace but without some strength he'll just be another Alan Young.
Piemonte

« Reply #27 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 13:56:00 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
Quote from: "DH"

Unless he fills out and gets a lot stronger over the next couple of years he won't have a chance, he's talented enough with the ball at his feet and he's got a bit of pace but without some strength he'll just be another Alan Young.

Agree with that. he needs to get himslf up the gym in the summer. I've struggled to see the reason for all the hype with Caton. He looks like a boy playing againts men at the moment.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: